The "Defeat Rajaah" Backlog Challenge (Ends May 31st @ 11:59 PM EST)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded it on Ubisoft Connect+ for free! Does it have the weird Coop like most of the other FC's? haha

I don't think Blood Dragon has co-op. It's just a DLC for Far Cry 3, really. However they did such a great job with it that it ended up getting its own game release digitally later.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Blood Dragon has co-op. It's just a DLC for Far Cry 3, really. However they did such a great job with it that it ended up getting its own game release digitally later.
It's ok, I got my new 4k monitor in and am rocking RDR2 and it's glorious. I've never played it before, and it looks just absolutely fantastic.

So far it hasn't gone too open world on me, but I just got to the first camp, so maybe it opens back up more? I'm hoping that it's similar to Witcher 3 open world, where for that I used the mod to put all objectives on the map at the same time, and then when I would start up the game I would just choose a direction and do all the objectives in that direction. Was a fun way for me to knock out a ton of the side quests and stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220408_133954.jpg

Finished Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Did this entirely in the portable mode of Switch, didn't play it on the TV at all, so it didn't feel that different from other Pokemon games. Wasn't really by choice, I've just barely been home this week and before that I pretty much only played this in very short doses since release date in January.

What do I think about this game? Ehhhh, it's alright. It's good that it's taking the series in a more open world-y direction, but it has a lot of slow grindy annoyances too. So IDK. I'm glad I played it but I'm also glad I "got it out of the way" if you will.

Completed.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dafuq is that?

lul I accidentally posted it too soon before I wrote anything. That's the ending screen of Arceus which has very little to do with the actual game. Except that guy taking pictures has been creeping on my female teenager MC for the whole game

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Wanted to check out People Can Fly's previous entry Bulletstorm since Outriders single player was decent. The killshot creativity kept things fresh. It gets a thumbs up since you can curve your sniper bullets Wanted style and firing a bullet up an enemies arsehole gets you as many unlock points as a headshot. For an Unreal Engine 3 game it's not too bad.

BulletstormComplete.JPG

Bulletstorm-HLTB.JPG

CompletedCropped.png

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wanted to check out People Can Fly's previous entry Bulletstorm since Outriders single player was decent. The killshot creativity kept things fresh. It gets a thumbs up since you can curve your sniper bullets Wanted style and firing a bullet up an enemies arsehole gets you as many unlock points as a headshot. For an Unreal Engine 3 game it's not too bad.

View attachment 407246

View attachment 407248

View attachment 407249
Yeah I loved it too bad there wasn’t a sequel.

Crone

Not sure what's going to happen this month. I admit last month I was going hard trying to get points on the board, so many of my halfway finished games are done. I've started Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and RDR2, so I'll get something on the board this month!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 407246

View attachment 407248

View attachment 407249

Nice, I got this game for free when I was running a Gamestop and it was a really fun time considering it totally came out of nowhere for me.

I'm working on Skywalker Saga this weekend. I really just got it for Ep 8 and 9 (said no one ever) but those are locked behind Ep 7, so I figured I might as well go through the first six chapters as well just so that the game actually counts as a finished game once I get to the end.

Crone

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Red Dead Redemption 2
Farcry 3 Blood Dragon
Metro Exodus
Witcher 3 Blood & Wine DLC
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Pretty much my radar this month. No idea what I'll get to or in what order. Lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Red Dead Redemption 2
Farcry 3 Blood Dragon
Metro Exodus
Witcher 3 Blood & Wine DLC
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Pretty much my radar this month. No idea what I'll get to or in what order. Lol

I'm thinking after Skywalker Saga I might take a swing at finishing Jedi Fallen Order. I got about 40% of the way through it a year ago and it just didn't hold my interest, but I liked it enough to keep it around to get back to later. Unfortunately my interest in Star Wars in general took a big beating around Episode 8. Right now with this lego game is the most I've been into the material in a while, so I might take advantage of that and give JFO a go. Also Skywalker Saga is taking WAY less time than I expected it to, plowed most of the game this weekend and I only spent maybe a quarter of my time on it.

After the SW stuff, I'm leaning towards finishing my last two Wii U games: Super Paper Mario ((which is technically Wii)) and Xenoblade X. And Resident Evil 1 remake is of course perpetually on the shortlist.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
This would have to be the most polished game I've ever played. I'm looking forward to Ragnarok not just for the story, but for the care and attention to detail every department involved in making the final product seems to have. Deserving of all the praise it gets, it's only after going through it myself from start to finish that I understand just how exceptional people were saying it was.

GodOfWarComplete.jpg

GodOfWar-HLTB.jpg

CompletedCropped.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This would have to be the most polished game I've ever played. I'm looking forward to Ragnarok not just for the story, but for the care and attention to detail every department involved in making the final product seems to have. Deserving of all the praise it gets, it's only after going through it myself from start to finish that I understand just how exceptional people were saying it was.

View attachment 407459

This is one of those things I really -should- be playing. I actually totally missed out on the GOTY for 2017 (BOTW), 2018 (GoW), 2019 (RE2), and 2020 (Tsushima). I have all four of them now at least. Yet I'm playing shit like Spirit Tracks, RE Zero, and GoW Ascension. This is what happens when you're a series completionist and want to play things in order

And this is the same kind of thing, I played Lego SW Ep 1 to 7 in the past so I just wanted to finish that series. Little did I know that Skywalker Saga has like new versions of tons of stuff so it's like a whole new series of episodes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is one of those things I really -should- be playing. I actually totally missed out on the GOTY for 2017 (BOTW), 2018 (GoW), 2019 (RE2), and 2020 (Tsushima). I have all four of them now at least. Yet I'm playing shit like Spirit Tracks, RE Zero, and GoW Ascension. This is what happens when you're a series completionist and want to play things in order

And this is the same kind of thing, I played Lego SW Ep 1 to 7 in the past so I just wanted to finish that series. Little did I know that Skywalker Saga has like new versions of tons of stuff so it's like a whole new series of episodes.

Oh I read that wrong I thought you were watching the movies LOL 😂

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220412_034557.jpg

Had insomnia so I dragged myself over the finish line for Skywalker Saga. Even in game form Episode 8 is kinda ass, and Episode 9 was probably the dullest of the nine. Unfortunately the new content was missing something compared to the old content. Either way, I beat all nine episodes included in this version, to finally put this series to bed.

Emperor Palpatine is way OP in Episode 9 and I'm now wondering if that part was written for Snoke originally. Like Palpatine tearing down an entire fleet with Sith energy attacks feels more like something Snoke would be doing. Especially if the fan theories had ended up being true that Snoke was actually Darth Plagueis. Well, too late now!

I'm pretty glad to put Star Wars in general in the rear view mirror, but I also have unfinished business with Jedi Fallen Order. Gonna seize the opportunity to fight with a gold lightsaber since Ep 9 (and the Ep 9 game) have one that never gets used.

Completed.png

Crone

While clearing backlog is nice, I’m struggling with when I finish a main story of a game that I uninstall and move on. Some games this is easy where it’s just the main story and that’s all the game is, but the open world games have so much side content and some of it is so good, but I just skip it.

i don’t know how to make my brain let myself keep going in a game if I’m having fun.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>

Ghosts of Tsushima will be the next GOTY to tackle for me, but likely next month. BotW I’ll wait until a 4K switch drops and pull the trigger since I don’t own one yet.

Which outlet are you pulling your GOTY list from btw? There is a bit of variation between the major players GOTY wiki

Im making my way through Skywalker Saga as well. Can’t bring myself to play them out of order either, so looks like the middle will be the high point.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
While clearing backlog is nice, I’m struggling with when I finish a main story of a game that I uninstall and move on. Some games this is easy where it’s just the main story and that’s all the game is, but the open world games have so much side content and some of it is so good, but I just skip it.

i don’t know how to make my brain let myself keep going in a game if I’m having fun.
I guess the good news is that none of that content is going anywhere, meaning you can always return to it. With cloud saves on most platforms that should be easier too if you find yourself in a gaming funk down the line.

Crone

I guess the good news is that none of that content is going anywhere, meaning you can always return to it. With cloud saves on most platforms that should be easier too if you find yourself in a gaming funk down the line.
Yea, it's easy to come back to the stuff, or things like Witcher 3 I just leave it installed. Eventually, my gaming ADD has me swing back around to it and I'll put a couple of hours into it and move the needle some. Lol