The Division 2

Fucker

Log Wizard
I like this game in theory and I’ll load it up on occasion. It’s got a decent bit of cool stuff going for it.

The gearing is just a bit clunky / confusing which is a little bit of a turnoff for me. I get you can read a guide or watch a YouTube video on a specific build but it always seemed difficult-ish to get the gear you want. Maybe just didn’t play it enough. I am at max level with a gear build of maxed out +skill and mostly items with ability haste but never could really pull any other build together.

Also I never really made much use of the special weapons each (class?) has.

lots of confusing elements…I’ve played it maybe 4-5 hours in the past year.
Loot in this game has no direction, and there's way too much of it. Also, the best loot is completely out of reach of casual playing, so there's no point to the game at all if you are part of the 99% of players out there who don't poopsock.

Also, the UI is complete trash. It needs to be thrown away, and a lot of the things it controls needs to go into the trash with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah loot has always been shit in this game. Especially the gear. Guns are not as bad but still bad, lol. Just too many affixes and suffixes and other shit like perks and this is why 99% is pure garbage. They tried to fix it a couple of times the game has been out and yet today its still fucked up. Like Fucker said you just get inundated with so much of it just gets overwhelming and I just end up deleting all of it most times.

I just found this game fun to shoot shit in. Great 3rd person looter shooter. Environment is good, missions are fun...etc...

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yah, it’s too hard to tell what’s worth keeping and what isn’t and what I should maybe save for another build, etc.

How do you even get the best loot, since you mentioned you have to poopsock them? The raids don’t really even seem to give anything worthwhile.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Loaded this up. ALL the systems in this game are pure trash. In fact, nearly everything about the game actively discourages playing it.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
There actually isn't that many items locked/out of reach, sure a couple raid exclusives like the exotic ar, but not like you couldn't play with a dozen other alternatives. All the raid gear sets are now droppable in all parts of the game, with a couple chest and backpiece of the sets still locked, but again, nothing that are required for builds.

They also added in a new mode called Countdown, which is a 8 player map which can be cleared in like 15mins with really fast queues, and it rains gear, you can even select target gear there, you'll end up with like 40-50 pieces of gear every run, they even added in difficulty levels too. It drops so much because of the new expertise system which further boosts levels on your gear/weapons, you can donate gear to help level it along with just using them to gain the experience for them.

Yeah there's a lot of shit for a newbie to get lost in, but nothing a couple youtube vidoes couldn't explain in a couple minutes.
They're still releasing new gear and exotics, so lots of build crafting still going on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There used to be a time that more gooder shit dropped in the PvP zones. You go in there, do some PvE, and try to extract the stuff that drops and hope you dont get ganked. But they nerfed the drops somewhere along the line. But PvP in this game was its own thing. and you had to build your dude for it.

Like was said there are some raid exclusives. I think you get a badass exotic pistol from there among others. Or its a quest in the raid zone if I remember correct.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I like this game in theory and I’ll load it up on occasion. It’s got a decent bit of cool stuff going for it.

The gearing is just a bit clunky / confusing which is a little bit of a turnoff for me. I get you can read a guide or watch a YouTube video on a specific build but it always seemed difficult-ish to get the gear you want. Maybe just didn’t play it enough. I am at max level with a gear build of maxed out +skill and mostly items with ability haste but never could really pull any other build together.

Also I never really made much use of the special weapons each (class?) has.

lots of confusing elements…I’ve played it maybe 4-5 hours in the past year.
Yeah the gear game in Div 2 was a huge turnoff after they finally got it right in Div 1.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah the gear game in Div 2 was a huge turnoff after they finally got it right in Div 1.

I noticed it was really difficult to tell if you had something good or not and this bums me out, I really loved Div 1. Weapons seem to be worse, you get two with great dps stats and then shit for a long time that is much lower and it's usually weapons I'd like to use, but I'm not going to cut my DPS in half.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Easiest, highest damage red dps build in the game (you don't need the shotgun. or the pistol). Can sub in any gun primary with Flatline if you want to be sassy. You're welcome.

With targeted loot in Countdown (and on the map), getting geared up has never been easier. I run a few builds, the one i linked, an Ongoing Directive/Pestilence bleed build, a Memento Hunter's Fury build, a Umbra build, and a 3xEmpress Turret/Drone build as my gotos.

The recalibration library makes getting perfect gear relatively simple.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lemme know if you guys play.
I'm down. This game is infinitely more fun when you're just playing for "fun" with people you know.

I dont think its that - my 3090ti does fine in the game, which I "think" would cause more problems not less. Then, on the polar opposite, my work computers 970 can handle the game without issue, too. I looked at the issue last time you mentioned it (I think it was you, anyways) and I came to my own conclusion that it has to have something to do with redistributables from Windows, or DIrect X or some shit. I pirate a lot of games that Im sketch on and that shit is always wanting me to update some backend bullshit that I download specifically from microsoft. But its just a theory since I dont experience the issue myself. :/

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I had issues that I couldn't run over 5fps with DX12, and DX11 kinda ran like shit on a 3080. All it took me to do was to delete the shader caches and DX12 started working and it gave me another 15 fps over DX11 while being pretty smooth. The game WILL still randomly take a shit though, after a bunch of testing with my clan, it really does seem to be connection based. Even minor packet loss will cause it to shit the bed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No, I know its not the video card, But its something in my system or the game thats taking a big shit. Its too bad too because I DO like to come back to this game from time to time and just fuck around and kill shit. Oh well.

I remember my son had issues with this game too way back when he was on his 4 core 6600K or some shit? It would run like shit and his proc one core would be maxxed at 100%. I just think this game is not done right and janky.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Check your mouse polling rate if it stutters really bad. Took me a minute to recall what my biggest issue was and it just hit me. having a high polling rate would do all sorts of fucky shit and dropping it down fixed it. FPS would be nice and steady but the game felt like 15fps.

Guy covers it.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Easiest, highest damage red dps build in the game (you don't need the shotgun. or the pistol). Can sub in any gun primary with Flatline if you want to be sassy. You're welcome.

With targeted loot in Countdown (and on the map), getting geared up has never been easier. I run a few builds, the one i linked, an Ongoing Directive/Pestilence bleed build, a Memento Hunter's Fury build, a Umbra build, and a 3xEmpress Turret/Drone build as my gotos.

The recalibration library makes getting perfect gear relatively simple.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.

A lot of those gear features weren't available at the launch of 2.0 and I haven't been bothered to log back on and try them out for myself, or wasn't feeling the grind.

But thank you though. Looks like a fun build and a great build resource and I might look back into it again.

• 1Like