The Division 2

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
i don't know how the fuck recalibration works
You can take the stats (red/blue/yellow icons) or talents (big white icons) from one item and graft it to another - if it has a slot, which gets overwritten. Destroys the source item in the process.. Costs money and works only on items of the same class (gloves -> gloves or rifle -> rifle).

I don't know why the gear in the recalibration station is ordered differently than in your inventory.

I assume its like every loot grinder game at cap, I just replay through the entire game again basically equipping new +gooder gear until I hit around gearscore 440 and then I worry about optimizing gear.
There are some talents that make everything easier, like patience on the kneecaps. Keep an eye out for them.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
There's this entire bounty thing I haven't looked at and it looks like a shit load of work,

Bounties are quick, you have 15 minutes to complete it from the time you pick it up. It gets marked on a map, go there kill and profit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bounties are quick, you have 15 minutes to complete it from the time you pick it up. It gets marked on a map, go there kill and profit.
Technically you have 15 minutes to locate the first area where the target is. From there you usually have to move to 1-2 other spots (most of them reuse side mission areas, though sometimes in reverse from how the side mission was laid out) and have to fight several waves of enemies before the target appears. So it can take considerably longer than 15 minutes, especially challenging/heroic ones.

I assume its like every loot grinder game at cap, I just replay through the entire game again basically equipping new +gooder gear until I hit around gearscore 440 and then I worry about optimizing gear.
Yeah, you only really want to worry about recalibrating at WT4. Save good talents for moving to your 450 gear, I listed most of them a page or so back. Most important ones are Strained on guns, Berserk on chest, Patience on knees, and Safeguard on backpack. Maybe Clutch on gloves, which you can currently buy from the Theater vendor, and Fill'er Up on holster if you want. Stat rolls on gear <400 are useless, they will just lower the GS of the item you move them to. Talents are static so the GS of the source doesn't matter.

Yeah, but two of those masks aren't obtained the proper way yet. I'm sitting on 10/12 until the autists figure out the last puzzles.
#7 was solved, only the UNITE riddle is left.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might be doing it completely wrong, but I have totally abandoned crit for ARs. I focus entirely on weapon damage and headshot damage. I also have 91% elite damage because the red/purple dudes are a joke.

Also, don't sleep on weapon handling. It's accuracy, stability, and reload speed in one.

Vorph

I might be doing it completely wrong, but I have totally abandoned crit for ARs. I focus entirely on weapon damage and headshot damage. I also have 91% elite damage because the red/purple dudes are a joke.

Also, don't sleep on weapon handling. It's accuracy, stability, and reload speed in one.
I was doing the same but the problem with dumping crit on ARs is that Berserk and Strained are vastly more powerful than any other dps talents. If I was just gearing up now I would likely go the route Widdz did (video on previous page mkopec linked) with moderate armor and super high health. Will definitely do that at WT5 if the combo hasn't been nerfed, but too much effort to redo all my shit now. It still works with ~175k armor and only about 50-60k health anyway, just not quite so insane. I suspect it will be nerfed though.

Purple dudes are absolutely not a joke on challenging or heroic. They're the only real threat since reds have no armor and yellows are trivialized by elite damage. Nameds on Heroic difficulty can still be a bitch, but the grenade launcher mostly solves that for all but the big chungus and sledgehammer dudes.

And yeah weapon handling seems great after seeing the dev response that it is the +gooder stat (also does weapon swap speed in addition to what you listed). I'd really like to know exactly how the slot-3 talent Overlap works since the wording is incredibly vague.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Police M4 with stability has been the best dps so far. Why stability? Because then I can run +20 crit chance on the gun mods and still maintain 100% stability. Tested this today in the gun range and out in the field with two M4s one with +10 ROF, and the other with +Stability. Hands down the dps of the Stability perk was higher than the ROF.

Bringing the ROF weapon up the same stability by dropping off a 10% crit mod was too much of a dps difference... and while it wasn't that much worse with the 2 crit mods on, the ROF M4 had an additional 200 damage per bullet due to being a higher itemlevel. It also missed headshots far more often in a sustained firing run than the stability option.

Stability is king in regards to actual gun performance.

Running Sharpshooter spec I already get plenty of stability, so having the talent on my weapon would be a waste. Especially on an M4, which has barely any recoil and even less with an extended mag due to the lower RoF. For other specs I could see it being better.

Vorph

So hard to go back to any other spec once you've seen how much of an advantage the grenade launcher is though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How you do recalibrate items above 450? I feel like I've had some drop, but as far as 450 items, the ones that I have that I already like have higher stats than any of the ones I'd use to recalibrate.

Vorph

How you do recalibrate items above 450? I feel like I've had some drop, but as far as 450 items, the ones that I have that I already like have higher stats than any of the ones I'd use to recalibrate.
Change stats (not talents) on 450 gear and you get 465. Don't know how people got to 483 GS. Seems waste of time, since it doesn't really have much effect in actual gameplay. Much more important to have the right talents.

Edit: I did think of one thing to do last night though: since I'm pretty much always capped on all/almost all materials and have way over 100k credits, I figure I'll recalibrate a bunch of shit items to as high a GS as I can get them and stick them in the bank. That way it will force early WT5 drops to be 480+ instead of 450ish, and I won't have to craft a bunch of crap at WT5 prices to get the same effect when it releases.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What the hell is up with the skill power requirements to get skill mods to activate? Started getting mods at level 14 that required hundreds of skill power (when I had like 50 at most) and now in WT2 I get items that need 5000(?!?) when the best I can manage is around 2k if I only go for skill power.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the hell is up with the skill power requirements to get skill mods to activate? Started getting mods at level 14 that required hundreds of skill power (when I had like 50 at most) and now in WT2 I get items that need 5000(?!?) when the best I can manage is around 2k if I only go for skill power.

if I'm not mistaken, the devs have stated that the requirements are hyper-inflated and set to be fixed soon.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having Ice T on voice coms shooting things in a video game would probably be the best thing ever.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly playing this game over the past week or so I have managed not to find one fucking upgrade, especially now that im looking for more LMG shit. While I like their red blue yellow balance wheel thingies, so you cant build some outrageous bullshit, its really hampering what I can build with what I want to. Not to mention balancing in other stats armor, health, etc and on top of that having some self healing?... Its like youre looking for a needle in a haystack of shit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I guess the streamers/youtubers just play so much that their RNG seems better than it is because I was watching MTashed/Widdz discussing their new SMG self healing auto reload build and they literally had all of the perks, guns, and gear necessary to make the build viable. Meanwhile, I blew through 10 keys last night trying to find the first piece for Chatterbox =/.

Seems like it would take me months to get geared enough to make that build viable, which is a shame as it looks really fun

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ya, I guess the streamers/youtubers just play so much that their RNG seems better than it is because I was watching MTashed/Widdz discussing their new SMG self healing auto reload build and they literally had all of the perks, guns, and gear necessary to make the build viable. Meanwhile, I blew through 10 keys last night trying to find the first piece for Chatterbox =/.

Seems like it would take me months to get geared enough to make that build viable, which is a shame as it looks really fun
So I watched a vid last night on chatterbox and apparently you dont want to loot caches in the same zone you already found a piece in. Wasted a bunch of keys if thats true ;( Had two pieces and could never figure out why the 3rd was never dropping. Did get liberty made and have the shotgun from Roosevelt Island which seems good for LMG builds.

Vorph

Meanwhile, I blew through 10 keys last night trying to find the first piece for Chatterbox =/.
Wait, what? Each part drops only in a specific zone, and there's only 2 or 3 boxes in each of those zones that you can open every 24h. 10 keys for one part isn't possible if you're in the right places.

I got all three pieces with like 6 keys and then a 7th for the BP when I did the Bank mission (on hard but I don't think it matters). That wasn't me getting lucky, that's just how it works if you go to the correct locations. If anything I was a bit unlucky.

Honestly playing this game over the past week or so I have managed not to find one fucking upgrade, especially now that im looking for more LMG shit. While I like their red blue yellow balance wheel thingies, so you cant build some outrageous bullshit, its really hampering what I can build with what I want to. Not to mention balancing in other stats armor, health, etc and on top of that having some self healing?... Its like youre looking for a needle in a haystack of shit.
Yeah, the whole gear system is very inflexible once you see it all laid out in a spreadsheet. Want Badger 2pc for 7% elite dmg and that sweet 15% armor on kill (37.5% with Safeguard? Not sure if the Safeguard buff is applied before the armor on kill triggers)... well Badger only appears on Mask/Gloves/Backpack *AND* Badger gear never has talents. So immediately that means backpack is right out since you need an active talent slot there for Safeguard. Mask is fine, as the only good Mask talent is Dialed In and that was nerfed anyway. Gloves, well again you're not getting a talent, so that means you have to give up Clutch for the 15% armor on kill. Is it worth it? Maybe, if you go the high armor route (and Safeguard happens first). If you're using Widdz version with high health though, no way.

Looking at the setup I want, I need a Badger mask, Fenris vest, Murakami backpack, Alps gloves, Wyvern holster, and Gila kneepads. And they have to have the correct stat colors right out the gate since you can never change a build-wrecking red roll to a blue roll instead. You can fix talents, but that's usually the least of the problems I run into.

Edit: And the game desperately needs the optimization station added back. So sick of getting guns with the right talents only to realize that the damage roll is super low. Especially considering how huge the range is between low and high... a low roll gun can be as bad as using shit from the previous WT.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I watched a vid last night on chatterbox and apparently you dont want to loot caches in the same zone you already found a piece in. Wasted a bunch of keys if thats true ;( Had two pieces and could never figure out why the 3rd was never dropping. Did get liberty made and have the shotgun from Roosevelt Island which seems good for LMG builds.

Well that explains some things... Fucks sake.

Think the caches are on 24 hour c/d so will farm some more keys tonight