The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, I got it. Again RNG from tier 3s, but it adds 12 rounds. so not that spectacular. Not sure about the negatives. I never even crafted it yet. I would have to look in game but im at work.
That sucks, it was +15 rounds in beta. I'd still be interested to know what the downside is though. The +10 rounds one has -5% CHC, so it would be hard to be worse than that.

Does "Rifle Damage" apply to Marksmen and Assault Rifles? I'm going to assume not, but curious if anyone has seen evidence one way or the other...
No, just plain rifles. You can see it working on those but not on anything else on your stats page.

-----------------------

Decided to try a no-crit build for doing my Survivalist points, only to discover that I junked every goddamn pair of gloves I had with Compensated on them. I had 3 or 4 so I guess I thought it wasn't that rare... but apparently it's actually the ultra rare tier like Dialed In. Sigh.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Extended 9mm Mag is +10 rounds, -5% crit chance.
Extended .45 ACP Mag is +12 rounds, -15% stability.

I no longer get blueprints from Control Points. Sad day.

Crone

So how does it work when you guys are all going ham crazy on WT4, only to have WT5 make all your work pointless? Then WT5 is gonna be the end? No more world tiers? I can't bring myself to do anything other than farm keys or help friends level, because I know all my WT4 shit is gonna be pointless. Sucks.

spronk

FPS noob
I just hit WT3 last night and am just screwing around and not really worrying too much about gearing, like you said farming random stuff like the masks or exotics is really fun.

I'm only ~410 GS so not sure if I should be doing all the challenging daily missions and stuff like that, just fucking around and doing whatever seems to be slowly progressing my GS to 450.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So how does it work when you guys are all going ham crazy on WT4, only to have WT5 make all your work pointless? Then WT5 is gonna be the end? No more world tiers? I can't bring myself to do anything other than farm keys or help friends level, because I know all my WT4 shit is gonna be pointless. Sucks.

Its not really pointless because youre dialing shit in, seeing what works, seeing what you like, also saving the shit you like so you can use the reroll thing to transfer some of that good shit over to your T5 gear if you cannot find it in T5. I have a ton of high roll crit chance shit saved up, and some of the rare talent shit. Plus youre leveling up your advanced classes while yorue at it, seeing what works with all that. Its a leg up. I learned a ton of shit this past 2 weeks that I would never learn if I just waited. Just seeing what some of these talents do and how they work. dont think of it as a waste of time, think of it as knowledge gained for the next tier.

And its not like im going ham crazy either, just playing (a lot, hehe), collecting shit, maybe swap a few skills out here and there. Still, my mats are all maxxed, I also have about 200K credits ready to go.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Its not really pointless because youre dialing shit in, seeing what works, seeing what you like, also saving the shit you like so you can use the reroll thing to transfer some of that good shit over to your T5 gear if you cannot find it in T5. I have a ton of high roll crit chance shit saved up, and some of the rare talent shit. Plus youre leveling up your advanced classes while yorue at it, seeing what works with all that. Its a leg up. I learned a ton of shit this past 2 weeks that I would never learn if I just waited. Just seeing what some of these talents do and how they work. dont think of it as a waste of time, think of it as knowledge gained for the next tier.

And its not like im going ham crazy either, just playing (a lot, hehe), collecting shit, maybe swap a few skills out here and there. Still, my mats are all maxxed, I also have about 200K credits ready to go.
Yea I did the challenging mission daily and that was pretty fun. Good point in getting points for your specs. I wanna craft a Chatterbox still and been farming keys to get that done.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So quick question on Mods for Guns. Are their any blue/purple/high end mods to craft? Or is it one and done and you can add them at any time?

Reason I am asking is it seemed I could create a project for a mod, but I had all the mats for it, and wouldn't let me craft.

Vorph

Extended 9mm Mag is +10 rounds, -5% crit chance.
Extended .45 ACP Mag is +12 rounds, -15% stability.

I no longer get blueprints from Control Points. Sad day.
Ya, I have those. I was asking about the Oversized 9mm. In beta it was +15 rounds and -20% reload speed. Not that beta stats mean anything. The extended mag was +11 rounds/-15% stability and it got changed like almost everything else did. The oversized mag just doesn't seem to exist at all now though.

So quick question on Mods for Guns. Are their any blue/purple/high end mods to craft? Or is it one and done and you can add them at any time?
No, mods don't change at all. Except that the same mod gets more and more expensive to build as you level up your crafting bench, so ideally you want to build them all pre-30. It's not a huge deal though, I'm capped on all mats all the damn time anyway, so having to use titanium and electronics instead of cheap stuff really doesn't matter much.

Plus a set of optimized 450-465 gear is going to be a lot stronger than a mish-mash of ~500 GS junk anyway. I just hope I can get a no-crit setup working with a few extra items that have the correct talents to move around before WT5. I feel like at least for some stuff it might work better than the crit/berserk loadout.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Decided to try a no-crit build for doing my Survivalist points, only to discover that I junked every goddamn pair of gloves I had with Compensated on them. I had 3 or 4 so I guess I thought it wasn't that rare... but apparently it's actually the ultra rare tier like Dialed In. Sigh.
Compensated is about a 15% dmg increase. It’s not worth the sacrifice of all the dps stats.

I’ve got a set together, minus a backpack that doesn’t suck. I’ll run a challenge mission but it seemed meh compared to my regular mixed dps / high survive build.

Vorph

Compensated is about a 15% dmg increase. It’s not worth the sacrifice of all the dps stats.

I’ve got a set together, minus a backpack that doesn’t suck. I’ll run a challenge mission but it seemed meh compared to my regular mixed dps / high survive build.
Do you have 0% crit by using -CHC weapon mods? From what I gathered on reddit it was a lot more than 15% but you have to completely tank your CHC.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Do you have 0% crit by using -CHC weapon mods? From what I gathered on reddit it was a lot more than 15% but you have to completely tank your CHC.
I had to, but it was just the aim point t2 with the -10% because my gear wasn’t optimized and I had like 6% crit on one piece of gear. There’s no icon for the perk though, so I need to go test some more and see if it actually cares about crit or just the 3 or less Offensive stats requirement.

That one reddit post paints a pretty picture but people question him. 1 million dps from an ar with only that perk? Not buying it coming from a berserker/strained survival build where I can take a bit of a beating and be at 50% armor for a bit.

I put a set together and it was not a dramatic increase at all. I think my tanky 5 O/8 D patience/badger icon build was doing white damage of ~ 18k/hit and the build with no crit was like 21k/hit from my ar.

My damage has generally been shit because I never did build a proper glass cannon like Brahma has shown above. But I can survive a bit of additional shit and play like a retard at times. I’m building a dps set though just to learn how to play the game while not leaning on 3 survival perks and grinding down mobs with my amazing 200k dps (actual sustained dps on veteran mobs, not those bullshit screen shots of someone killing 1 elite mob with no reloads).

Vorph

It's easy to fake dps, but he has a video too which was fairly impressive aside from the derp at the start.

The problem I have with the crit build is that I have so much armor regen that I rarely get much benefit from Berserk and Strained. I don't have ~100k health like Widdz does so running around with my armor depleted isn't an option. Mine's more like 185k armor and 45k life. And even if I wanted to it takes some pretty serious incoming damage to overcome just Safeguard + Patience + Clutch. I try to not use chem launcher unless it's a real emergency just so I don't wreck my dps.

That's on challenging too, the daily (Bank) mission today was a cakewalk. I have to be doing a heroic bounty for things to get interesting.

I was hoping that maybe the no-crit build would be more consistent dps without having to take huge risks to activate the talents. And I just wanted to try something different while getting spec points for the useful Survivalist stuff.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That smg build is garbage for anything actually hard pve wise. Mobs murder you so fast without cover to block their sight lines and clutch can’t out heal their damage while face tanking in my experience.

I saw that video too. I don’t know what game other people are playing, but I can’t seem to get the same base damage other people have or retarded ai that just derps around and doesn’t bum rush me 3 at a time.

Vorph

Yeah, I have no intention of switching to Vector 9 + Chatterbox like Widdz does. I'm not even sure he does that in PVE even. I do think I'd be considerably stronger if I had another 30-40k life though, even if I had to give up a similar amount of armor. Doesn't help that I don't have a single useable piece of Murakami (for +8% hp) either.

I intend to do a build somewhere in between Marco's and Widdz' when WT5 rolls around. Still going to use an AR always, but I swap between SMG and rifle depending on the size of the area I'm fighting in.

And yeah, the AI is weird. Sometimes on heroic the entire group just charges you non-stop. Other times they tard around moving from cover to cover not really doing much of anything. I did two heroic bounties last night and they were a joke compared to the last time I did one. They still tried to flank me, but they mostly came 1-2 at a time and I just mowed them all down and killed the named dudes with my GL. Biggest concern was running out of ammo rather than getting killed outright.

Actually now that I think about it there was one fucker who was a real pain in the ass. It was a sledgehammer dude that put a !!! buff on himself which made him completely immune to damage and the moment it wore off he'd recast it. I think it took me at least 10 minutes to kill him; had to use my Liberty to do it because I would have run out of ammo on all my other guns if I'd used them.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Liberty... that thing that requires a high end pistol to drop... of a model I’ve only ever seen 1 purple of in WT2... yeah, I’m a bit annoyed at that rng.

I did vendor a vector 9mm I got before I had compared the stats to the .45 version. Only difference I can tell is extra magazine size on the 9mm in exchange for a longer reload time. I should have kept the thing, sign.

Vorph

I believe the damage range for the .45 caps out lower than the 9mm too (which makes no sense from RL perspective, but I stopped expecting that sort of thing from Division long ago). All I know is that all four of my .45's were worse in every way compared to my only 9mm, which thankfully rolled with Strained so I could put Allegro on it.

As for the D50, yeah it sucks. I got mine randomly from a Hyena box and a regular gun case not far from the White House. Not really anything you can do except get one from pure RNG or have someone else loot one and give it to you. Had a purple one drop last night, definitely would have infuriated me if I didn't already have the gun built.

Last edited:

Crone

Props to Massive for optimizing the game really well, imo. I know there are some crash bugs out there, but it runs super smooth on my older gaming laptop. Doesn't look as pretty as on my Desktop of course, but still looks great and importantly runs smooth.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's easy to fake dps, but he has a video too which was fairly impressive aside from the derp at the start.

The problem I have with the crit build is that I have so much armor regen that I rarely get much benefit from Berserk and Strained. I don't have ~100k health like Widdz does so running around with my armor depleted isn't an option. Mine's more like 185k armor and 45k life. And even if I wanted to it takes some pretty serious incoming damage to overcome just Safeguard + Patience + Clutch. I try to not use chem launcher unless it's a real emergency just so I don't wreck my dps.

That's on challenging too, the daily (Bank) mission today was a cakewalk. I have to be doing a heroic bounty for things to get interesting.

I was hoping that maybe the no-crit build would be more consistent dps without having to take huge risks to activate the talents. And I just wanted to try something different while getting spec points for the useful Survivalist stuff.
Did some testing, got a backpack I'm ok with. The talent doesn't care about your crit % it would appear. It just wants 3 or less offensive (which is f'ing hard to get). I've got 30% crit at the moment with my gear set and it makes no difference in the base white damage when I go to 0%. It's ~21K each time regardless of the crit %.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Been getting lucky with drops lately, got the parts for chatterbox pretty easily, finished it yesterday. Then today finished liberty, had to wait on the D50 but fortunately dropped a second time for friend and he gave it to me. Then I remembered you can only have 1 exotic gun and gear on at a time, not sure which to keep on, but the chatterbox does seem a little weak to me. Then we ran jefferson to start the "grind" for merciless and he gets it the first time we run through, this after he was getting shit for luck on the chatterbox drops, he's still waiting on that drop from federal triangle.

Overall it's been a fun ride getting to wt4, sure is a lot more stuff to do than d1 that's for sure. There's been various annoying bugs to deal with, but overall the game has been great and well worth the money. Only thing that I see will annoy me in the end is trying to build loadouts from the current gear/talent/recalibration setup which seems much more rngish in drops and restrictive in changing things. Some talents you can't swap, you can't swap stuff off items not of the same slot, or attributes of different colors, some gear sets or talents only show up in certain slots, then you have anywhere between 1-4 attributes, 0-3 talents, 0-3 mods on gear. Then skill builds are hard to build right now because of the clusterfuck with mods and high requirements. In the end we still have another world tier to do, and more gear to come so I guess not really much point recalibrating stuff much yet.

Lots of interesting talents to maybe use, hopefully we don't have to wait long on wt5 release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user