The Division 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Played on PC for about 4 hrs. Pretty solid so far. Got to the end of the beta thing. Might pick this up, well see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah. Division 1 and 2 and Anthem and the problems with Div 1 though may have turned a lot of people off from this genre. Every single game got treated like a free to play game as far as content. We need a strong AAA Looter Shooter with all aspects taken care of on launch and I have a feeling people are very hungry for a good quality looter shooter over what we have been getting the last 3-4 years. Anthem was worse than all of them combined.

D1 had some bullet sponge issues that turned a lot of people away.

Is that element gone from D2? Vorph addressed it earlier but I'd like to make sure D2 contains no bullet sponge. It was a major turnoff.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
D1 had some bullet sponge issues that turned a lot of people away.

Is that element gone from D2? Vorph addressed it earlier but I'd like to make sure D2 contains no bullet sponge. It was a major turnoff.

I have not seen any bullet sponges yet. But, I am only level three and even after this open beta it only takes us to level 8 I think? Not sure what the end game will be like. We just won’t know enough until launch and people make it that far.

On PS4 and PS pro, there are wide reports of washed out colors and tearing. I would love to see a quick patch to address this because I definitely notice a very large difference in color saturation and graphical smoothness between X1X and my Ps Pro. It always seems with 3rd party lately one console is inferior to the other and it’s a coin toss as to which one comes out with issues.

If I ever saw a need for cross play, this would actually be the reason for it for me anyway. If this had cross play with my PS friends list and a menu system like rocket league instituted it would rock. I want to play this now, but my X1X friends list is shit compared to all the people I have on PS4 including my new Apex buddies.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have not seen any bullet sponges yet. But, I am only level three and even after this open beta it only takes us to level 8 I think? Not sure what the end game will be like. We just won’t know enough until launch and people make it that far.

Once you "finish" the beta you unlock 3 end game characters, one of each class, and access to some of the high level content.

Enemies do become somewhat bullet sponges if you have weapons just a few levels below them. In a side mission I did, my M60 was level 5 and the enemies were level 7. It took around 2 full mags (200 bullets) + a few grenades, to break off the armor of a yellow enemy. Other than that one time though, I never felt enemies were bullet sponges and all it really did was remind me I needed a new weapon.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not having any issues on my Pro besides the sound bug and the occasional texture that takes forever to pop in. Definitely no tearing whatsoever, my fan isn't running particularly loud, and HDR looks better than SDR both indoors and outdoors (brightness 12, contrast 9, peak nits 1000/400 IIRC). There's some lighting issues, most notably the transition from dark areas to light, but that is blindingly bright regardless of the HDR setting.

Enemies are much less annoying now that they can't endlessly spam their grenades/drones/RC cars one right after another. Player skills are still garbage compared to Div 1 though. Chem launcher was added for open beta and it's just as bad as the other three. I have multiple items with skill cooldown % and I still can't even use my skills once per major battle in a mission.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not having any issues on my Pro besides the sound bug and the occasional texture that takes forever to pop in. Definitely no tearing whatsoever, my fan isn't running particularly loud, and HDR looks better than SDR both indoors and outdoors (brightness 12, contrast 9, peak nits 1000/400 IIRC). There's some lighting issues, most notably the transition from dark areas to light, but that is blindingly bright regardless of the HDR setting.

Enemies are much less annoying now that they can't endlessly spam their grenades/drones/RC cars one right after another. Player skills are still garbage compared to Div 1 though. Chem launcher was added for open beta and it's just as bad as the other three. I have multiple items with skill cooldown % and I still can't even use my skills once per major battle in a mission.

Maybe I ran into an issue with my PS Pro. Everything looks washed out. I’ll try it again after rebooting. But even digital foundry talked about screen tearing when I thought something was off and checked. What TV do you have?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Look for the red pieces of gear on an enemy. Just about every purple, yellow, and some standard mobs have weak points on them whether it be ammo belts, explosive packs, etc. Learning where they and how to leverage them is pretty important for challenges.

Nothing more satisfying than targetting a grenadiers grenade pouch, sniping it, and blowing the shit up out of it and surrounding enemies.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Glad this was fixed.

Is the whole getting outside cover better now? It was super annoying that you almost felt "stuck" to something as soon as you hide behind it.

Same with the menu system. Did they fix all the double clicking shit? That was super annoying.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Glad this was fixed.

Is the whole getting outside cover better now? It was super annoying that you almost felt "stuck" to something as soon as you hide behind it.

Same with the menu system. Did they fix all the double clicking shit? That was super annoying.

I was finding it hard to get out of cover last night. Exactly like you described.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What TV do you have?
TCL 55R615. I've never seen tearing in any game on it.

Seems same as Div 1 to me. I have 'move to exit cover' or whatever the setting is called turned on since that's what I'm used to in Div 1. I pull down on left stick and I exit cover instantly.

From what I saw on reddit, PC UI is still terrible and there were definitely people complaining about the double clicking yesterday. I don't think they changed anything in the UI period. On console R2 is still mark as junk because apparently their UI/UX guy is either retarded or never played Div 1, where it is L2 (and it also moves to the next item automatically instead of making you scroll down yourself).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was finding it hard to get out of cover last night. Exactly like you described.

Yeah I died a few times to a boss trying to unfuck the cover thing.

Im not gonna play any more of it because I dont want to spoil the real game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so went back to PS Pro version. Must have been a bug - HDR was fine again after reboot.

With that said, X1X plays way smoother, definitely better resolution, zero texture pop in, and tighter control. By a mile. It’s really hard to explain, you would have to see it for yourself. Was hoping to get @spronk’s opinion since I know he has both. Or Regime Regime The difference in playability, textures, movement, everything is night and day difference.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Damn this feels so good on PC. Division 1 was always a little slow and clunky feeling(and I still loved the shit out of it), but the D2 open beta made huge improvements to how smooth it feels. Still some QOL shit that bothers me like double clicking menus and how many buttons the UI requires, but hopefully that gets solved later on.

Some things I'd like to see - FOV slider, motion blur slider, and changing the attachments so they have no negative side. Just make the game fun, stop fucking around with all these drawbacks.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Played a little bit last night after work. No issues at all.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Glad game is running fine. I’m gojng to wait for reviews on end game before pulling the trigger. I still see they have a hard on for dark zone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Did the first mission and didn't see anything that makes it stand out from Div1 which I was pretty apathetic about.

Sound design seemed to have some issues with everything sounding like it had some weird muted effect to it, and the voice acting was pretty fucking bad. Music seemed decent. The end of the 1st mission has a track that sounds a lot like the music from the last Doom game which was amazing, but this didn't seem on the same level.

The visuals seem to have taken a step back from what I remember from Div1. The first game had some of the best environmental design I have ever seen and this just didn't impress on the same level. The graphics also seemed to take a step back despite performing about the same.

1080ti with everything on ultra and 4k res meant a res scale setting two notches down (75% I think) in order to get a steady 60.

I'll be passing on this one, but I wasn't really interested in it to begin with so take my opinion with a big grain of salt.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did the first mission and didn't see anything that makes it stand out from Div1 which I was pretty apathetic about.

Sound design seemed to have some issues with everything sounding like it had some weird muted effect to it, and the voice acting was pretty fucking bad. Music seemed decent. The end of the 1st mission has a track that sounds a lot like the music from the last Doom game which was amazing, but this didn't seem on the same level.

The visuals seem to have taken a step back from what I remember from Div1. The first game had some of the best environmental design I have ever seen and this just didn't impress on the same level. The graphics also seemed to take a step back despite performing about the same.

1080ti with everything on ultra and 4k res meant a res scale setting two notches down (75% I think) in order to get a steady 60.

I'll be passing on this one, but I wasn't really interested in it to begin with so take my opinion with a big grain of salt.

I hear ya I’m the opposite. I loved the coop story missions. However getting tegbagged by lil Timmy and his boy 420blazin in the DZ isn’t my cup of tea.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is pretty fun. Me and 3 friends played co op from level 1-4 last night and finished the Beta to the unlock the end game. We encountered the sound bug, which was annoying, but that was about it.

Going to try the end game today!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game is pretty fun. Me and 3 friends played co op from level 1-4 last night and finished the Beta to the unlock the end game. We encountered the sound bug, which was annoying, but that was about it.

Going to try the end game today!
Ok let me know