The Division 2

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Serious question. You remove games still? Just wondering why. I have a 2TB drive I can't come close to filling.

I remove games cuz my gaming ssd is onluy 500 gigs. I only usually do it when I run out of room. I also don't put every game on my ssd. Stuff like Civ or whatever I'll put on my normal HD.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, at least it fits in well with the rest of Division 2 after all the post-release tomfuckery.
:(

And I’ll never be able to run the raid, so that’s what, 3 sets and an exotic I’ll never see. Feels good man.

Edit: ~200 hours, still no high end D50 in order to craft Liberty. Feels bad man.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up a few weeks ago, and have been playing it way too much.

Finally settled on a LMG/AR build with the holster for nearly instant reload - my LMG is 497 with 180 rounds per mag... Just absolutely mowing through stuff (nearly 75% elite damage). After 80ish hours I am probably in a spot where I may look for a raid group, and at minimum will just get on every so often and see if I can ever get a D50 to drop...

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked this up a few weeks ago, and have been playing it way too much.

Finally settled on a LMG/AR build with the holster for nearly instant reload - my LMG is 497 with 180 rounds per mag... Just absolutely mowing through stuff (nearly 75% elite damage). After 80ish hours I am probably in a spot where I may look for a raid group, and at minimum will just get on every so often and see if I can ever get a D50 to drop...

It's a great game. I played it continuously for close to three weeks and had a lot of fun... until I didn't. I don't think I've ever had my enjoyment of a game fall off so precipitously.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's a great game. I played it continuously for close to three weeks and had a lot of fun... until I didn't. I don't think I've ever had my enjoyment of a game fall off so precipitously.

yeah i agree. it's really bizarre because if i turned it on right now with a friend or two and played the rest of the night i'd have a great time, probably. but once i'm not playing it i just have no desire to turn it back on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i agree. it's really bizarre because if i turned it on right now with a friend or two and played the rest of the night i'd have a great time, probably. but once i'm not playing it i just have no desire to turn it back on.

It's a lot of fun to play as co-op no doubt. Once you hit world tier 5 and have a build near 500 ilvl you like, there isn't a ton of things outside of the raid & completion-ist stuff to do. Which seems to probably be the case with all of these "looter shooters". Doesn't have the end game staying power, say, a MMO would have (or should have...).

For me, it was absolutely worth the $35 I bought it for on /r/GameSwap. I would've happily paid $60 for it as well. I anticipate I will play it as new content comes out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

This was me too right here. Played the shit out of it for like 300 hours and then tooka day off and never booted it since.

I personally hate the loot system. They have a lot of opportunity there but the loot jsut sucks. like 5x RNG layers to get good shit you jsut get sick of grinding.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was me too right here. Played the shit out of it for like 300 hours and then tooka day off and never booted it since.

I personally hate the loot system. They have a lot of opportunity there but the loot jsut sucks. like 5x RNG layers to get good shit you jsut get sick of grinding.
My biggest complaint. Plus the way they handle the stats on loot/the way it reads could just be much cleaner. Going through loot is the only real downfall for me so far. Too much RNG = no fun.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the ride to level 30 quite a bit, after that, not so much.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is there still nothing to do? I haven't logged in since the raid was put in and it completely was uninteresting to me and itemization was still too random.

spronk

FPS noob
there's a new specialization and to unlock it you have to go "do shit" like kill X of enemy type Y with weapon Z but it all seems kinda boring and pointless. there are also new ways to get blueprints i think. i logged in for 10 minutes, walked around, looked at shit, and realized i just didn't care and logged right back out.

these kind of GAAS games really have to figure out the problem of "I've been away from the game for a few weeks, forgotten everything, and when I log back in its overwhelming and far easier to go play mario kart than figure this shit out". I remember watching a giantbomb E3 video and they were talking to the Warframe producer and she gave some terrible, terrible answers ("we have quests that catch you up!") when GeffJ brought up the exact same problem he has with all these GAAS games.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The difference is that Warframe actually comes up with cool new shit to do that makes it worth the effort to refresh your memory and learn the new systems. Division 2's hook is "Hey, we nerfed all the shit you used to use so now you can come back and farm the same stuff except slightly different for another 100-150 hours, even though the world tier is still the same! Doesn't that sound super fun?!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm wondering if that means I can grind CPs to finish up the missing 50 or w/e blueprints I have since they moved them all to dailies/weeklies. Because the rng on this shit is comically bullshit when I keep getting dumb weapon and armor blueprints for shit I'll never craft vs the necessary weapon mod blueprints.

Wonder what Cassie will carry now, so that'll be interesting at least once to unlock her for a bit to see if shit she sells is worth anything. I doubt it though, because exchanging raw currency for good items feels antithetical to everything else.

I want to do the raid, but I don't want to do the necessary group finding, so I just accept that I won't ever be able to do it and will be waiting for more solo'able missions.

I also need to clear out all my stash shit (how the fuck do I know what's good with this garbage loot system) and potentially prepare for a skill build or tune away from Strained/Beserk?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm wondering if that means I can grind CPs to finish up the missing 50 or w/e blueprints I have since they moved them all to dailies/weeklies.

That's how I'm reading it.

The itemization/loot change will be really nice also.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I had a ton of fun and now I don't even give 1/18th of a shit about this game and I'm still happy I bought it.

In terms of the question about loot and such.. Don't sweat it too much as it doesn't really matter a ton unless you make an absolutely stupid build. Even then you'll just die a lot.