The Division 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
there's a new specialization and to unlock it you have to go "do shit" like kill X of enemy type Y with weapon Z but it all seems kinda boring and pointless. there are also new ways to get blueprints i think. i logged in for 10 minutes, walked around, looked at shit, and realized i just didn't care and logged right back out.

these kind of GAAS games really have to figure out the problem of "I've been away from the game for a few weeks, forgotten everything, and when I log back in its overwhelming and far easier to go play mario kart than figure this shit out". I remember watching a giantbomb E3 video and they were talking to the Warframe producer and she gave some terrible, terrible answers ("we have quests that catch you up!") when GeffJ brought up the exact same problem he has with all these GAAS games.
Man that is so it! I don't wanna come back to have to relearn everything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Vorph Vorph you should try some Destiny 2 to scratch more of that shooter itch. And while it still has flaws, Its in a really good place right now probably the best in all of its history including D1 $40 entrance fee for the whole thing. Next big expansion is hitting in Sept. So plenty fo time to get all caught up.

Vorph

Vorph Vorph you should try some Destiny 2 to scratch more of that shooter itch. And while it still has flaws, Its in a really good place right now probably the best in all of its history including D1 $40 entrance fee for the whole thing. Next big expansion is hitting in Sept. So plenty fo time to get all caught up.
I've thought about it and I did have some fun with Destiny 2 when it was new, but it's much less of my type of game than Div 1 (1.6+) and Div 2 (up through WT4) were. I will never even consider doing pvp content, I mostly want/need to solo pve content, I don't care about stuff like raids anymore, and I actually liked D2 not having totally random loot when it was new.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Plenty of shit to solo and a lot more challenging than Div2 was IMO. Like entire dungeons, some of which are timed even.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

Not that I could fully recommend the game if you plan on playing long term. Now that we've seen how they're handling gear, the rng, gs500, locked to certain areas like raids or pvp, etc. But the leveling experience was still good and I put in over 200 hours for full price, so it's worth the $20, especially if you can find some friends or a clan to play with.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ok I just started playing this again.

In the past I was able to recalibrate my set pieces to 515. Now everything was dumped under 500

Can you still increase set pieces or do you just need 500 level gear to drop?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ok I just started playing this again.

In the past I was able to recalibrate my set pieces to 515. Now everything was dumped under 500

Can you still increase set pieces or do you just need 500 level gear to drop?
Level doesn't matter too much, just the roll on the slot and how close it is to max for the piece you're grabbing it from. Still issues in the loot system where WT1-2 items are rolling higher caps on stats because the armor is capped lower. So people are farming WT1-2 with alts to send the re-calibration pieces to their mains.

I haven't found a better AR than my 499 black market AK either. With my shit gear it's listed doing ~25k/shot vs the P416s I'm finding around ~19k. Normalizing for rof (825 vs 660 with allegro), it's still better than the P416. :/

I'm really waiting for Loot 3.0 or whatever they end up doing to fix this shit. My inventory and stash are full and it's discouraging logging in, having to delete some items, doing some missions, getting garbage that I don't know if it's really garbage because they haven't finished tuning skills or talents and could be gold after a patch. Shit's pointless to try and min-max a character if you aren't raiding. Just do the new content at story difficulty and go play something else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Ugh. It's been 2 months since I've logged in but I believe everything you say, including the lengths people have to go to get proper loot.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Damn shame this ended up just like the first Division. I had such high hopes even after the first one was a let down time after time. I would have grinded shit out repeatedly if they could have just figured out their loot situation in either of the games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Unless you were one of crazy people who hated classified sets, Division 1 fixed pretty much everything* by the end (1.7+). They just couldn't leave well enough alone though and Fredrik & co. decided to burn it all down for a new, vastly shittier system that somehow still manages to keep getting worse and worse with every update.

*-Loot-wise. There was still the problem that 80% of the content in the game was made irrelevant by the release of Camp Clinton except during Global Events.

Tactician

Ancient
Been playing again since TU5 before classic launch. Rummaged through my stash and found the pieces to make a hybrid AR / seeker mine build. It should be listed on divisionbuilds.com throwing 500k cluster seeker mines and 25% chance to reset them on kill. 13s CD otherwise. Pretty damn fun for right now

Fadaar

That guy
Unless you were one of crazy people who hated classified sets, Division 1 fixed pretty much everything* by the end (1.7+). They just couldn't leave well enough alone though and Fredrik & co. decided to burn it all down for a new, vastly shittier system that somehow still manages to keep getting worse and worse with every update.

*-Loot-wise. There was still the problem that 80% of the content in the game was made irrelevant by the release of Camp Clinton except during Global Events.

As we all feared they did the same shit Bungie did with Destiny 2. Take all the good things from late in the cycle and shit all over it for the sequel. Of course Destiny 2 is in a great place right now ever since Forsaken came out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Will there be another season pass non-sense which will completely gate the player if they don't buy it? (Fucking dumb shit that)
Yeah, Shadowkeep is going to have another annual pass just like Forsaken. It would bother me a lot less if I didn't also have to rebuy Forsaken to move to PC.

Been playing again since TU5 before classic launch. Rummaged through my stash and found the pieces to make a hybrid AR / seeker mine build. It should be listed on divisionbuilds.com throwing 500k cluster seeker mines and 25% chance to reset them on kill. 13s CD otherwise. Pretty damn fun for right now
I'd probably give that a shot since probably 90% of my time in Div 1 was spent playing a 3pc Tactician + Barrett's build, but my stash was always full and skills were such garbage that I kept barely any yellow stat items. I'm pretty fed up with Destiny 2 again, but I definitely don't have it in me to farm an entirely new build in Division 2 either.