The Division 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And hamstrung XP in Odyssey? I've said it before, but I'll repeat it again, that was just simply not the case at all.

It was grindy as shit, and if it wasn't an issue why did Ubisoft patch it after sales through the MTX halted in 1.5? Convenient. And they also did it before with Origins.

"Changes made to balancing of XP and drachmae distribution. "

Oh, and this is a single player game without any detriment to others if they cheat the system - but Ubi developed the game this way to drive people to the store to purchase that XP Permanent Boost. When players used the creator to gain XP so they could go through the story faster without having to purchase the permanent XP boost as designed (And hamstrung) they banned players from their single player game :p

This is why Ubisoft can go suck it.

They limited the game in XP gain to make it grindy, they banned people trying to get around it with a system those idiots put in in the first place, and then patched it out when XP Boost sales slowed to save face. And in true Ubisoft fashion, patched it all out and leveled the system anyway which they should have done to begin with but that doesn't sell XP Boosts now does it....

It was even picked up on by the mainstream gaming press.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was grindy as shit, and if it wasn't an issue why did Ubisoft patch it after sales through the MTX halted in 1.5? Convenient. And they also did it before with Origins.

"Changes made to balancing of XP and drachmae distribution. "

Oh, and this is a single player game without any detriment to others if they cheat the system - but Ubi developed the game this way to drive people to the store to purchase that XP Permanent Boost. When players used the creator to gain XP so they could go through the story faster without having to purchase the permanent XP boost as designed (And hamstrung) they banned players from their single player game :p

This is why Ubisoft can go suck it.

They limited the game in XP gain to make it grindy, they banned people trying to get around it with a system those idiots put in in the first place, and then patched it out when XP Boost sales slowed to save face. And in true Ubisoft fashion, patched it all out and leveled the system anyway which they should have done to begin with but that doesn't sell XP Boosts now does it....

It was even picked up on by the mainstream gaming press.

For now I concede because I have no idea how it is NOW with the level 99. I just know when I played it back in November 2018 through when I stopped in Spring of 2019. It was never a problem for me. But I'm that guy who has to clear every icon out before moving to the next region. Doing that, I was damn near cap before I even got to the final parts of the story with no problem at all. But that cap was 50 or 60 at the time... not 99. But you were complaining about this when the cap was 50, so I thought it was more of the same, so my apologies there. If they pulled an EQ where every level is a hell level after 70 that takes as much time to level 70-71 level as it did 1-69, then yep there is a problem with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man I was just thinking. It'd be cool as shit to give me Division 2 but with fantasy classes. Magic and swords and shit. Obviously the world would have to change quite a bit, but keep the same systems in place for loot and shit.

I didn't miss a game like that, did I?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
For now I concede because I have no idea how it is NOW with the level 99. I just know when I played it back in November 2018 through when I stopped in Spring of 2019. It was never a problem for me. But I'm that guy who has to clear every icon out before moving to the next region. Doing that, I was damn near cap before I even got to the final parts of the story with no problem at all. But that cap was 50 or 60 at the time... not 99. But you were complaining about this when the cap was 50, so I thought it was more of the same, so my apologies there. If they pulled an EQ where every level is a hell level after 70 that takes as much time to level 70-71 level as it did 1-69, then yep there is a problem with that.

Well, you are correct there too. On launch I was getting to the point of wanting to progress the main story, but having to level 4-5 levels to be able to actually do that content which forced me into grinding side missions. But I also ran into issues when the main quest would show up at a certain level and all of a sudden I am fighting a mob 3-4 levels higher than the quest log recommended level. So for instance, it shows up in the quest log as level 15 let's say, I tackle it at level 14, but the mob I am fighting is level 18 and I proceeded to get my ass handed to me.

People will definitely play the game(s) they want to play them - I think what I am getting at is if you enjoy doing all of that, that's fantastic. If I enjoy going through main quests and main quests only for the story and don't care about side questing, (Or not having to do every single one of them) I shouldn't have to pay $9.99 to do that for a game I already purchased. The leveling options should just be sync'd regardless like it was back in the AC Black Flag days and be done with it. But Ubisoft here has a different agenda, and now I have to pay $9.99 if I wanted to just go through the MQ's.

In the end, it's all patched out now anyway which leads me to believe they knew what they were doing here (Evident IMO with the MTX shop)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man I was just thinking. It'd be cool as shit to give me Division 2 but with fantasy classes. Magic and swords and shit. Obviously the world would have to change quite a bit, but keep the same systems in place for loot and shit.

Well, Warhammer Vermintide is KINDA like that. Minus complete open world. Not as open as Division 2 however. You have a central hub, your party of 4 starts a quest, and you run through that content and level up, gain new gear, can use magic, swords, etc - and it's in a fantasy setting.

But yeah a game like Div 2 (With an end game that wasn't an abortion of end games) with a fantasy setting would be awesome.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Destiny, been out like 9 years now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
.... Thanks bruh!

Hey mkopec mkopec , I never knew Desitny got magic! Is the new Titan fireball magic missile build totally tits or what?!

Its got everything from titan missle, titan burning hammers being thrown down to palpatine electric fingers, with flames from the hevens raining down and also mystical void magic that makes players dissapear and reappear in your face stabbing you with mystical void knives. And others of course.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked this up with Hatorade and we've been playin casually, seems really fun so far. Bums me out it falls apart at the end.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
What's making me quit Div 2 again though is the blueprints. I do the daily projects, I do as many CP4's as I can (this is a huge issue now too, as I find that I can raise at most maybe 1 in 10 of the CPs on the map to level 4 because they just don't have enough connected events) and all I ever get are useless fucking gear BPs. It's something like an 8:1 ratio so far.

I feel like they took out the blueprints from daily projects because I haven't seen any as a reward on them for months even on the crafting vendor she only had a couple for me when she was made a vendor if I remember right, and I still have prints to collect. Unless there's only certain prints and not random ones that are available for the dailies and vendor?

As for the cp's, I really wish when you did events it would raise the level for all cp's in the area instead, not just a connected one, because yeah sometimes it's a pain looking for connected events to do. Still have to do cp's for my last few prints, it's just something that I can't bring myself to slug through.

Just finished getting the tech spec unlocked, gunner almost, the last step for that is a little retarded having to break the armor on the hammer boss before killing him, not that easy to do without accidentally killing him... gonna farm the exotic glove for my skill spec and then maybe tackle the cp's again... or quit again lol.

Vorph

"Daily SHD Requisition" gives a BP, the rest don't. Weeklies still do as well. I'm only doing them because I don't have the +20 5.56 and 7.62 mags. Feels like it's going to take forever though, there's just so goddamn many gear BPs now. I'm still confused as to whether or not you really have to do CP+4's too. +3's give a BP, but I'm not sure if that's the full pool including the weapon mods I need or not. It sucks ass when you can only get a CP to 3 and have to sit around waiting for another event or a patrol to spawn linked to it.

I got 3 of those gloves in two nights of random farming, they work great with 4pc Hard Wired and an Alps backpack (ideally the named one that refuses to drop for me no matter how much time I spend in Alps targeted areas). Strangely they don't seem to only drop from Black Tusk, though I read something weird on reddit that said once you get an 'exclusive' exotic to drop it can then drop just about anywhere. I got a second Diamondback drop after completing Kinly College for the initial one, so I guess that's how it works? Still pissed about Merciless though, I was never able to get one on PS4 and even farming the Bank on rifle day for hours I can't get it on PC either. I'm stuck using the GS1 Ruthless that came with the ultimate edition just to get the holster bonus. It drops my GS to 444 but I can't see any difference that makes, other than it being completely useless as an actual gun.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Oh ok I guess I missed when they renamed it to that lol, thanks. I got sweet dreams and merciless this past week from random drops in invaded missions, I never got either to drop before from farming, merciless is pretty nice too!

Vorph

I don't think there is one. I just joined a random rank 30 one that looked like it was still active. It wasn't, they only get 1-2 caches a week, so I should probably find a better one. All that really matters is that it's rank 30 though, caches are nothing special now that they can't go above the normal GS cap.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just started playing this a bit too, how do I join the clan? uplay name is "junun007"

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I picked this up for 5$. Made it to world tier 2 so far. They re-released Kesley College or whatever it's called. I've loved my D2 experience UP TO THIS COLLEGE. Awful. Infinite respawning enemies, kept dying on the last phase of 'protect this agent'. Who honestly wants to restart 20+ minutes of progress multiple times? Whoever designed this needs to be fired lol. Back to the main game I suppose.

• 1Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Kenly college is pretty terrible, went in there once and never bothered again.

On another note, they're going to be revamping gear once again, but it'll be after episode 3 release which is in a few weeks maybe. They're taking out damage to elites, talents now only on two pieces chest/backpiece, going up another world tier so another tier of gearscore, revamping some of the set bonuses I think to make up for less talents. So in other words, don't farm too hard at world tier 5.

spronk

FPS noob
I finished Division 1 (plat'd the game on PS4), and felt very satisfied and never touched the game again. I "finished" the main story on Div 2, fucked around for a few weeks after trying to +gooder my gear, and stopped playing and never felt the same level of satisfaction. I don't really feel like I got a proper story at all, I vaguely remember some angry chick on an aircraft carrier wanting to shoot nukes at me or something, but they left so many dangling hooks at the end of division 2 it all felt so vague and pointless.

I doubt i'll play division 3 at launch, Ubisoft games always launch extremely poorly and there is literally zero reason to play early, just wait a year or two and if the people say the game still holds up check it out for $5 or whatever. The next Watch Dogs is a prime example, I am 99% sure it will launch in a buggy ass mess but in a way that is unfun, not fun like say an MMO or battle royale.