The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Div 2 was pretty great at launch, it just needed some more polishing and some systems from Div 1 1.8 copied over. Instead, every patch for the first six months or so was done by retards whose goal was to turn the game into a dumpster fire.

The patch that finally 'fixed' loot and added in targeted farming seemed good at first, but it's still frustrating as hell. Getting a decent Hard Wired build was trivial, but even with another 70-80 hours after that I was never able to put together all the pieces of any other strong builds. And it still takes way too damn long to sort through all the garbage that drops; recalibration is still so restrictive that it feels like you're looking for the 1% of 1% drops to actually keep. Even with targeted loot that gets old super fast.

This new loot revamp sounds like the crew of retards is back in charge, though at least they had the sense to increase GS this time, instead of just fucking everyone's shit up and saying, "ok, now go re-farm it all at the same tier... have fun!"

In the end, spronk spronk is probably right. The only real hope with Div 2 is that it eventually gets to the same point Div 1 did with patch 1.8... and then they leave it the hell alone and all go off to work on Div 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing of it is, the game mechanics are soid as fuck. Shooting feels great, guns feel good, graphics are good, enemy AI is decent...etc... Its just all the other shit that surrounds the core game sucks.Namely the loot. I hope they finally nail down the loot in this game, because as it stood when I payed it was hot garbage. Crafting sucks too, pretty much worthless other than crafting some leveling things. I wish you could grind some crafting, level it up, and then craft some decent shit. Maybe even have some rare ass good recipe drop in dungeons or some shit.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Majority of this game is really solid. But once you hit max tier, and it becomes a RNG/Pure luck looter, there is not much reason to play.

I haven't played the game since the Kenly College shit first released, so I haven't seen the loot changes they made and what not. I occasionally get an urge to play it though. Working on builds with the loot, and how fucking trash the inventory system & stats system is became a nightmare. Really, really enjoyed 95% of the game though.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Well they're also tweaking recal again giving it a library, and adding display of stats as a bar that will quickly help you determine how good are the stats on the gear, and reducing the amount of drops but better quality drops. Skill mods have no power restrictions because skill power is no longer a thing but skill tiers, you can get +1 skill tier on an item as a core stat, wear 6 pieces and you get max level tier which also unlocks overcharge on skills.

Just wish all this shit was also done with the last revamp not even 6 months ago...

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Finally. This could get me back at least long enough to try it out again. Maybe the hooks get back in as well.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I was in before, did you happen to clean house?

Also, the news photos of the Chinese Coronavirus quarantine reminded me of these games again. So I have an angle on how I can get at least one buddy back in.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I was in before, did you happen to clean house?

Also, the news photos of the Chinese Coronavirus quarantine reminded me of these games again. So I have an angle on how I can get at least one buddy back in.
Was a few people that only played for a week and left. A ton of us played for quite a few months and im totally down to spend another huge amount of time again.

I had someone try to log into my uplay account every 4 hours for 6 months and it took a while to fix that. I suggest everyone chage their password.

Last mission I played was Camp David and it was sweet even with my outdated build. Think im going to start a new guy and go though everything again.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Waiting till the gear changes drop before playing again, ep 3 trailer dropped couple days ago, flamethrower new spec, returning to NY.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, I need an overhaul to happen and then to continue playing my fresh character so I am not inundated by all the changes on an already progressed character.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Eh whatever. It was fun and was never ever going to be an mmorpg level game. Run though it's content a few times and quit when you're satisfied. I get the completionist thing though even if I no longer participate in such stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think the biggest mistake this game has is attaching the whole "Tom Clancy" thing to it. Because then it has to adhere to the meta universe that is Tom Clancy. Instead if they made it just Division, they could of brought in some other NPC into it other than gangs and dumb factions, with bosses consisting of bigger dudes wrapped up in 2 ft of armor. Instead we could have zombies, cthulu type shit, mutants, etc....Instead we get boring ass enemies that are the same just with different skins based on faction, oh and robot dogs, lol.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
I absolutely loved the first and second Division up until endgame. I'd get all sorts of drops, but never know what was good and what to go for. It was just way too cumbersome and I think Division 2 was even worse with color build shit and whatnot. So then my problem is I'd google what a good build is, and farm that, and then a week later it would get nerfed into the ground. The meta changed so much so I'd feel obligated to save everything just in case it ever became really good. Then my inventory and stash gets full and I don't know what to trash, so eventually I just get burnt out from managing inventory. Did they ever make fixes to the inventory in D2? If they'd just copy Diablo 3 or whatever it would be so much better.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I absolutely loved the first and second Division up until endgame. I'd get all sorts of drops, but never know what was good and what to go for. It was just way too cumbersome and I think Division 2 was even worse with color build shit and whatnot. So then my problem is I'd google what a good build is, and farm that, and then a week later it would get nerfed into the ground. The meta changed so much so I'd feel obligated to save everything just in case it ever became really good. Then my inventory and stash gets full and I don't know what to trash, so eventually I just get burnt out from managing inventory. Did they ever make fixes to the inventory in D2? If they'd just copy Diablo 3 or whatever it would be so much better.

Scroll up for the upcoming patch notes. They increased stash size a while back, but next update you will be able to save stats from gear in the Recalibration station. Something that they make sound like was their idea, but was suggested on the forums like since launch, lol. Just like most of the smart changes they tend to make. Which would be great, if it didn't take them so fucking long.

My favorite thing about Div 2 is "Hey, we're making a bunch of changes to our retarded gear design in the next update, SO... no reason to log on til then!"

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Scroll up for the upcoming patch notes. They increased stash size a while back, but next update you will be able to save stats from gear in the Recalibration station. Something that they make sound like was their idea, but was suggested on the forums like since launch, lol. Just like most of the smart changes they tend to make. Which would be great, if it didn't take them so fucking long.

My favorite thing about Div 2 is "Hey, we're making a bunch of changes to our retarded gear design in the next update, SO... no reason to log on til then!"
Yeah no point in me logging on until these changes, but I do look forward to returning then. So the way I understand it is I can essentially suck out a stat on an item and store it in a library, and then I can put that stat onto new items? I wonder if it's unlimited uses once you have it, and if you can put every stat on an item, so basically if you get max health, max damage in your mask library, you will always be able to make every future mask max health and max damage?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah no point in me logging on until these changes, but I do look forward to returning then. So the way I understand it is I can essentially suck out a stat on an item and store it in a library, and then I can put that stat onto new items? I wonder if it's unlimited uses once you have it, and if you can put every stat on an item, so basically if you get max health, max damage in your mask library, you will always be able to make every future mask max health and max damage?

From the way it's worded it sounds like once a stat is in your library it's unlimited use. But, you are still limited to one recalibrated stat per item.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
From the way it's worded it sounds like once a stat is in your library it's unlimited use. But, you are still limited to one recalibrated stat per item.
Will it still be completely fucked where WT1-4 have higher max stats because they can allocate less to armor from the total stats cap? Will WT6 items fix this absolutely retarded design decision?

We shall see.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
About the only thing to play for is exotic drops, you can get everything to drop anywhere now except for the ar which is still a raid exclusive drop. It'll be handy to get extra exotic pieces for quick upgrade to whatever the next tier is, gs 550 probably. I'm assuming you would get higher stat caps from drops in heroic as you do now, so no real point farming up regularly stuff till wt6 comes out I think.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would prefer they made heroic fun rather than extreme ball-busting tedium before making people slog through that shit to get good rolls. Kind of kills whatever enthusiasm I might have for playing the new patch / WT.