The Division 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Still never got one to drop, and ive put in a shit ton of hours since NYC. I think I had a purple one at like Lv32 or 33? But I scrapped it and never even tried it, lol.

edit: Jsut saw on chappies steam he got in and tried it and it still shreds. Still best weapon.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find that pretty hard to believe when Sleipnir and Pestilence exist. Negev was OP because it did massive damage AND it had much higher fire rate than normal for LMG. Now that it does 33% less damage, the high rate of fire is a huge downside compared to the other LMGs. Even my plain old M249B does almost twice as much damage as my Negev now, with a fire rate of 550 instead of 850. (Not only does the fire rate make you waste more time reloading, the Negev is much harder to control recoil with than the slower ones.)

Edit: Yay, more undocumented nerfs too. The L40 vendors had a few max rolls you could buy last night... this morning every single item they sell has been nerfed across the board by about 10%.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I find that pretty hard to believe when Sleipnir and Pestilence exist. Negev was OP because it did massive damage AND it had much higher fire rate than normal for LMG. Now that it does 33% less damage, the high rate of fire is a huge downside compared to the other LMGs. Even my plain old M249B does almost twice as much damage as my Negev now, with a fire rate of 550 instead of 850. (Not only does the fire rate make you waste more time reloading, the Negev is much harder to control recoil with than the slower ones.)

Edit: Yay, more undocumented nerfs too. The L40 vendors had a few max rolls you could buy last night... this morning every single item they sell has been nerfed across the board by about 10%.

Yeah the dude I was watching ls like SHD lv200+ and also has been farming the broken drops in the dark zone since like day 2 or some shit, so yeah, gear is pretty much maxxed any gun the dude picks up will be shredding, yes.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This is what I get for being a slacker!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I don't understand what I can do without buying the New York thing. Can I level from 30 to 40 in DC?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I reinstalled last night and logged in for about 10 minutes. I didn't do anything but wander around and kill a few random guys in the street.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game at release, but shortly after hitting Tier 5 my interest dropped like a rock.

Is this game actually worth playing again or can I save myself a couple of frustrating days and uninstall?
Dont bother.

You have to enjoy that 10 minutes of killing stuff and you dont. They waited to 'fix' the game with the dlc drop. They should have done it months ago.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im about to put in some hard numbers this weekend in this game...Gonna get home, maybe take a power nap and then play all night...

Add me for some funsies... Sheisty_One

Im at about the hard/challenging difficulty right now. Hard is getting kinda easy, but challenging still kicks ass, so kinda in between...

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
so I have 3 SHD left over from DC, is that normal? I have all the skill and perks bought so I don't know what I'm missing.

Vorph

How the hell are you supposed to get blueprints now? CPs, once cleared, now stay green forever (or until some future event flips them), the daily BP project no longer exists, and there's only one weekly. [Edit: Apparently you can run 3 alts to BoO, and THEN boost them (instead of boosting during character creation) and they will have access to the old set of L30 daily projects as long as you never travel to NY. Retarded, but at least it's something...]

Finished the story last night finally. Keener fight was trash, but at least it's over. Looked at my stash, still at like 295/300 with L30 stuff I can't be bothered to slog through dismantling/selling, thought about what I needed to do to make a build capable of doing at least challenging, and said fuck it instead. Division has had some low points before, but I've never felt so completely disinterested in trying to cobble something together to play with.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any way to return this? I bought the expansion but I haven't played it once yet. Sounds, meh. Bought it through uplay, wasn't sure if there was any hope.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
How the hell are you supposed to get blueprints now? CPs, once cleared, now stay green forever (or until some future event flips them), the daily BP project no longer exists, and there's only one weekly. [Edit: Apparently you can run 3 alts to BoO, and THEN boost them (instead of boosting during character creation) and they will have access to the old set of L30 daily projects as long as you never travel to NY. Retarded, but at least it's something...]

Finished the story last night finally. Keener fight was trash, but at least it's over. Looked at my stash, still at like 295/300 with L30 stuff I can't be bothered to slog through dismantling/selling, thought about what I needed to do to make a build capable of doing at least challenging, and said fuck it instead. Division has had some low points before, but I've never felt so completely disinterested in trying to cobble something together to play with.

If you're not going to do the level 30 stuff just delete the stuff out of the stash. Keep on the recal stuff on new items for a bit, after a while you'll have the talents done, some god rolls done, and not much will need to upgrade, and it's fairly easy to see what is an actual upgrade to recal at a glance at the stats bars.

You can run the dc cp's for the blueprints, you can also still raise those cp's through the connected events, so you can run a lower world difficulty level, do the events for some extra loot like the targeted ones. Haven't checked if cp3's drop the blueprints still. CP4's are still tough solo though, little easier in duo. I'm thinking the ny cp's will maybe start flipping when the season content starts, like how the dc ones didn't start flipping until the invasion happened. I still have two level 30's so gonna check the daily projects on them.

On another note, been experimenting with a couple builds in a duo with a friend to hit up those cp's and some challenge level missions... hardwired shield/cluster combo for 10s cooldown reset on clusters at 2.6mil damage, feels clunky to me because of the animations involved with the skills, never bothered me before but now when you have to pop or drop shield to proc hardwired talent and then throw the next skill the process feels clunky. Not to mention the clusters now miss like half the targets exploding too early or on corners and whatever else.

Also tried that build with sticky, it does like 4.6mil damage, pretty good for clearing reds purples and even putting a dent or killing yellows, but apparently the four new skills are broken with hardwired as the sticky will suck up the proc but won't actually reset the skills, it's been reported multiple times in the forums, will have to see when they will bother to fix it.

Also tried a shield shotgun/ar build, as I was trying to get more tanky with more damage to armor and armor on kill, shield had around 4.5mil health, was decent but shotgun not really my thing, and eventually the shield won't hold up to a lot of gun fire. Being super tanky just doesn't seem to be worth it at the moment. My friend ran a true patriot build with around 1.5mil armor, it was great to get the tags out as a more supporty build, but still able to get 2 shotted at times he was getting frustrated with that. The new status effect stat doesn't seem to work with those debuffs either.

Then late last night finally getting pissed off at the clunky shield/cluster and sticky not using the proc my friend mentioned crit builds, I was waiting on 4 piece of negotiators to try the nice crit set bonus they now have, but decided to build a 3 piece with smg/ar crit build in the meantime with 60% crit cap, 100%+ weapon/smg damage bloodsucker/intimidate talents....... it was fucking melting npcs in hard..... it's as squishy as the skill build 600k armor 300k health so have to use cover and shield properly, didn't test it in missions yet as it was really late, but damn I guess have to go back to crit builds till they decide to unfuck skills again.

On a last note, 3 hunters in ny and 3 of 4 news ones in dc have been found.

Vorph

If you're not going to do the level 30 stuff just delete the stuff out of the stash. Keep on the recal stuff on new items for a bit, after a while you'll have the talents done, some god rolls done, and not much will need to upgrade, and it's fairly easy to see what is an actual upgrade to recal at a glance at the stats bars.
For the moment I just grabbed most of it on the alts I made for daily projects. The shit doesn't sell for very much so I figure I can just dismantle stuff as I use up mats on projects/crafting.

You can run the dc cp's for the blueprints, you can also still raise those cp's through the connected events, so you can run a lower world difficulty level, do the events for some extra loot like the targeted ones. Haven't checked if cp3's drop the blueprints still. CP4's are still tough solo though, little easier in duo. I'm thinking the ny cp's will maybe start flipping when the season content starts, like how the dc ones didn't start flipping until the invasion happened. I still have two level 30's so gonna check the daily projects on them.
CP3 does still drop blueprints, running all over the place is so damn tedious though, especially when you look at the map and half the CPs can't even be raised to 3 let alone 4 because there's nothing connected. The daily project thing works though, I made a couple this morning and boosted them to try it. Still didn't get any of the BPs that matter of course... dumbest fucking system ever. Currently wondering if I can delete one of the characters and keep the cycle going with new gimps, since the boosts that come with xpac/Uplay+ are unlimited use.

As for builds I like the sound of the Liberty + Bulwark shield one someone was talking about on reddit. He got the easiest heroic done in like 10 min, strongholds in a bit over 20 iirc. I only played Y1 long enough to get Tactician maxed out, so builds that need Gunner or Firewall are completely out of the question since some retard decided to make it nigh impossible to get points now. That one uses Tactician for the +1 skill level boost and all the gear is red.

I could craft a bunch of Hard Wired parts too but I came to the same conclusion as you about how clunky it plays now and dumped that shit around 33 or so and don't feel like going back.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Got a link to that Bulwark build? I'd need to get a Liberty to drop again I guess (that ain't happening).

I stuck with Hardwired, the drone is really strong. The sniper turret is lulz 2.6m damage but the regular gun or the flamer are probably universally better.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You need to pretty much raise the difficulty to challenging to get lv3 control points in this iteration of the game in any good consistancy.

Vorph

Got a link to that Bulwark build? I'd need to get a Liberty to drop again I guess (that ain't happening).

I stuck with Hardwired, the drone is really strong. The sniper turret is lulz 2.6m damage but the regular gun or the flamer are probably universally better.
(He says "Knockdown" mask, but the actual English name is Punch Drunk... which, conveniently enough, Cassie happens to be selling one with pretty good rolls right now.)

Liberty's easy now. Took me a couple hours to get it all (granted, I have like 6 or 7 D50s in my stash, but still... they aren't nearly so rare anymore, especially if you go to a pistol targeted-farm spot) and craft a L40 one. Amazingly, it rolled with both max pistol damage and max damage to targets out of cover. Exotics rolling a range again is one of the more retarded 'one step forward, two steps back' parts of TU8.

Just don't forget to dismantle your L30 one first, or put it on an alt if you really want to keep it. Otherwise the parts won't drop.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I reinstalled last night and logged in for about 10 minutes. I didn't do anything but wander around and kill a few random guys in the street.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game at release, but shortly after hitting Tier 5 my interest dropped like a rock.

Is this game actually worth playing again or can I save myself a couple of frustrating days and uninstall?
I've heard people say it'll make you cum ropes bro

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So my 2c... Im no expert in Div 2 or even Div 1 stuff so take this as a noobs perspective...The exp pack story was pretty cool. Missions were well done for the most part. Probably took me about 8-10 hrs casually doing it mostly solo with some groups for the boss missions thrown in. The new gear 2.0 stuff is simplified now which is cool, only 4 rolls per piece which makes it easier to tell right away is it trash or is it a keeper. Gear now has a core attribute and 3 other attributes. Guns have a total of 3. Rolls seem to be based on difficulty although you can still score a really good roll on lower difficulties although more rare.

The re-cal station now has you strip away any stat you want from gear to fill up a mod bar. Then whenever you want you can switch out any attribute core or other with this filled up bar (it does not need to be filled) So say you get a good piece to drop with 2 out of the 3 attributes you want but the 3rd sucks, you can switch it out. Same with weapons. You can only do this once per piece though, just like before.

So now that im on challenging difficulty for the most part, im finding defense stats dont mean shit. I tried a build with 1.2 mil armor and I still got one shot like it was without. Best defense I found so far is the "unbreakable" talent on your chest which refills your armor once depleted once a minute. Another alternative to being more tanky is the shield thing which you can equip and then it allows you to get up close and personal or just an oh shit moment. Seems like they nerfed the heals in this game from back when I played at launch. I guess you have to be specced into skill gear for it to work better?

But the balance IMO is out of whack. Mobs have way too much HP and pretty much bullet sponge at higher difficulties. A lot of people that I have grouped with are complaining about this. Instead of making changes to AI and actually making content more difficult, they chose to go the path of more and more HP which is multiplied based on the amount of people in the party.

Also gun shit is out of whack too. It seems like they normalized all gun DPS for the most part based on RPM so all guns for the most part do the same DPS, relatively speaking, so this means that DPS sustain is king so that makes LMG with mods for reload speed the best weapons because of sustained DPS. ARs are simply lacking compared to LMG. You can probably get some good burst potential out of SMG maybe in PvP? But with the pure HP/armor count on mobs, it makes them really hard to use because the burst never counters the HP. Shotguns do a good job of burst at CQC. Snipers are still good playing in the back as well as rifles. But this kind of relegates you to the back of the pack plinking at shit, so if thats your thing then OK. But the whole group cannot do this of course because you will get rushed naded and outflanked at higher difficulty.

Have not played too much with skills so im not going to speak on this but ive been seeing some peeps do really good stuff with skills. And a good healer is always welcome in a group, shit, I wish more people specced in healing and skills.

But yeah they need to work on balance a bit and also the bullet sponge shit. Because some stuff even on challenging difficulty is almost impossible with pugs, like the last NY mission for example. Go try that on challenging or higher and you will see how retarded that mission is. It gets to the point that this game is no longer fun but more annoying than anything. I would not even mind more enemies being thrown at you just with less armor and hp for added difficulty. And the whole one shot thing needs to go, why even have armor and health as a stat when the shit gets depleted in a millisecond of poking your head out of cover, regardless of how much you have. They give you 2 bars, one life and one armor, and none of it matters. Again, shit like this is not fun, it makes basically all non skill based healing useless, because as soon as yo heal up poke your head out, its once again depleted in a millisecond. This IMO is just a bad design choice on their part. Of course this is a "cover" shooter so they want you to stay in cover, I get that. But I just think they could of handled it better than having everything one shot your ass.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users