The Division 2

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Isn't Bullet King kind of meh due to having low base dmg to make up for not reloading? I mostly see people using it to blow up stupid shit like the hotel door and the gas tank on Roosevelt.

Acosta's Go Bag seems like the best new exotic in WoNY just because it's the only real way to make skill builds viable.
It's the best sustained dps damage. Plus it refills everyones ammo every 100 hits you do

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
FYI If you're trying to do the new manhunt, don't change your global difficulty once you start completing the objectives or they will reset back to 0.

So in this thread if I'm reading it right don't change the difficulty setting until you've done the final boss, once the manhunt is done you can redo the challenges again for season exp/loot/watch exp by resetting the difficulty. Killing the final boss is one time, doing the events for it is unlimited, I guess this is how the new reset to control points works too.

Isn't Bullet King kind of meh due to having low base dmg to make up for not reloading? I mostly see people using it to blow up stupid shit like the hotel door and the gas tank on Roosevelt.

Acosta's Go Bag seems like the best new exotic in WoNY just because it's the only real way to make skill builds viable.

Sure, except for the fact that grenades are mostly useless since npcs easily walk or dodge out of it like 90% of the time, I suppose you could sac a useful chest talent like skilled for mad bomber, so again meh. I have it on anyways since hardwired talents are broken....

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

So in this thread if I'm reading it right don't change the difficulty setting until you've done the final boss, once the manhunt is done you can redo the challenges again for season exp/loot/watch exp by resetting the difficulty. Killing the final boss is one time, doing the events for it is unlimited, I guess this is how the new reset to control points works too.
Is there matchmaking for this shit or is it all solo?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I would guess so, most of it is capture 3 control points, do a bounty, run a certain mission, last one is run a certain stronghold.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would guess so, most of it is capture 3 control points, do a bounty, run a certain mission, last one is run a certain stronghold.

So how would this work if you do this in another persons instance? Does yours advance too? Is it global? Shit like this confuses me in this fucking game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's just a checklist like weekly projects, except for some retarded reason reloading the world state resets your progress. Just grouping with others should be fine since there's no global reload there.

It's annoying because I keep my world state on challenging while doing CPs so I don't have to waste my time doing connected activities, or waiting for one to actually be connected in the first place. But unless a mission has targeted loot I want or some exotic drops there, I see no point in doing anything more than Hard. I finally got the sturdy extended 5.56mm mag this morning from one of my alts' dailies, so I don't need to obsess over blueprints quite so much anymore.. would be nice to get the LMG pouch and Providence chest ones though.

BTW for anyone who didn't get to buy the Mk16 with 15% AR dmg on it last week before they nerfed vendors. the clan vendor is selling a named P416 (Glory Daze) with 15% on it right now. Sadly pretty much everything else is useless junk. Hopefully Cassie has something decent tomorrow.

Sure, except for the fact that grenades are mostly useless since npcs easily walk or dodge out of it like 90% of the time,
In my experience they rarely go full ninja roll on the first grenade thrown from out of combat. Then you drop an overcharged sniper turret and use artificer hive to keep it up for the whole encounter. You don't really need the HW talents that way, so you can grab something like Glass Cannon (or whatever you like) on a Wyvern chest for the 6th slot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's just a checklist like weekly projects, except for some retarded reason reloading the world state resets your progress. Just grouping with others should be fine since there's no global reload there.

It's annoying because I keep my world state on challenging while doing CPs so I don't have to waste my time doing connected activities, or waiting for one to actually be connected in the first place. But unless a mission has targeted loot I want or some exotic drops there, I see no point in doing anything more than Hard. I finally got the sturdy extended 5.56mm mag this morning from one of my alts' dailies, so I don't need to obsess over blueprints quite so much anymore.. would be nice to get the LMG pouch and Providence chest ones though.

BTW for anyone who didn't get to buy the Mk16 with 15% AR dmg on it last week before they nerfed vendors. the clan vendor is selling a named P416 (Glory Daze) with 15% on it right now. Sadly pretty much everything else is useless junk. Hopefully Cassie has something decent tomorrow.

In my experience they rarely go full ninja roll on the first grenade thrown from out of combat. Then you drop an overcharged sniper turret and use artificer hive to keep it up for the whole encounter. You don't really need the HW talents that way, so you can grab something like Glass Cannon (or whatever you like) on a Wyvern chest for the 6th slot.
Every subsequent grenade is dodged. I end up using them to punt them from cover. But the EMP grenade is great if it actually hits the minigun dogs, but it doesn't because they are always moving and shooting. Unless they hunker down to do the 360 spray of death that hits you regardless of where the bullet animation actually is!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Every subsequent grenade is dodged. I end up using them to punt them from cover. But the EMP grenade is great if it actually hits the minigun dogs, but it doesn't because they are always moving and shooting. Unless they hunker down to do the 360 spray of death that hits you regardless of where the bullet animation actually is!

LOL @ dogs, we tried that last mission in NY on challenge mode and I quit at the dogs and huge flying drone thing. As soon as the first dogs come out, ok no problem 2 blue nade dogs you can whittle away, then were all like cool, now time to take down drone, then all of a sudden we see 2 more blue dogs and 2 shieleded yellow dogs both doing that 360 rain of death. Insta wipe for everyone. Never did that mission since other than story mode in beginning.

Vorph

You should only need to throw one. The overcharge buff persists for the full duration of the sniper turret, which is being maintained with hp and ammo by the artificer hive. Combine with The Send-Off and Maxim 9 and some other rifle or AR with Spike and the Technician laser pointer mod on it and it's about as good as you're going to get from a skill build right now. If they unfuck skill mods to not have completely trivial bonuses and add in a skill damage utility mod it'd probably even be a top tier build.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You should only need to throw one. The overcharge buff persists for the full duration of the sniper turret, which is being maintained with hp and ammo by the artificer hive. Combine with The Send-Off and Maxim 9 and some other rifle or AR with Spike and the Technician laser pointer mod on it and it's about as good as you're going to get from a skill build right now. If they unfuck skill mods to not have completely trivial bonuses and add in a skill damage utility mod it'd probably even be a top tier build.
What does the pulse laser mod even do? I put it on at the range and didn't see any change in my damage or my sniper turret damage.

I need to get an acosta go bag and reconfigure my build I guess. I set the world to Challenging last night and my drone died to a single yellow mob in 2 seconds. So I was just getting rocked out in the world.

LOL @ dogs, we tried that last mission in NY on challenge mode and I quit at the dogs and huge flying drone thing. As soon as the first dogs come out, ok no problem 2 blue nade dogs you can whittle away, then were all like cool, now time to take down drone, then all of a sudden we see 2 more blue dogs and 2 shieleded yellow dogs both doing that 360 rain of death. Insta wipe for everyone. Never did that mission since other than story mode in beginning.
I was doing Pentagon on challenging and raging hard at the final fight because he'd spawn a yellow minigun dog once he was jumping down from the wall. So if I missed the grenade on the spawn when it wasn't moving, or I miss-timed it on the spin of death from behind cover, I'd die to the dog as I was dodging cover from the main guy or I'd die to the spin from the dog while I was trying to dodge the main guy's los. Spent probably an hour+ on that fight for no reason.

Vorph

What does the pulse laser mod even do? I put it on at the range and didn't see any change in my damage or my sniper turret damage.
By default it just highlights the enemies so you can see them through walls/cover. Some people prefer Spotter over Glass Cannon on their chest, it's 10% less dmg increase and no downside (besides having to mouse over all the enemies to pulse them first). Personally I think agents are so squishy now that it doesn't really matter if you take 50% more damage from Glass Cannon.

Vorph

So did the seasonal track actually do anything to fix the ridiculous grind for specialization points? Getting only 1 per level and a handful more each week from clan bounties is some really shit design. The Massive Defense Force on reddit insisted everything would be fine once the season started.

Meh, pointer seems worthless without something that it synergizes with.
Yeah, it's really only worth the bother if you use Spotter or group with people who use Spotter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So doing one of the control points I got jacked by 2 rouge agents. Almost had one down and his sniper turret got me. Fuck!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I did the whole manhunt thing on challenging last night. I was thinking I would have trouble with the CP3s on challenging since I never really tried one at that difficulty but it ended up being pretty easy. I was so used to the HP/Armor scaling from 4 mans that ive been running almost exclusively that I thought I would just be swarmed from all sides, but on solo the mobs melt compared to group stuff. Its kinda crazy actually how easy it is solo.

The bounties I did group for and the first one counted fine, the second and third though didnt. Not sure if this is bugged or what, but I even ran them from my own map, so they disappeared after I ran them and I could not run them again because it said I already completed. Shit liek this is frustrating as hell. So then I went into the bounty matchmaking hoping I would score the two I needed since I figured almost everyone else was trying to run them as well last night. Took a few hours, but finally managed to score the two I needed and they finally counted. I kept on getting the right bounties but wrong difficulty. Seemed like most people were running hard not challenging. I even had a few normal modes in there as well, lol. I ended up face tanking everything in normal, felt like rambo compared to challenging.

The stronghold at the end ended up being problematic, especially the end part with the two fuel tanks you need to destroy. I remember this one from a year ago, it was even problematic back then in WT4. I think my group wiped like 5 times, couple of those we were near the end, with both tanks destroyed, the 2 chungus dead, and yet those last few swarms of enemies are no joke. This one faggot kept on pushing up too far, and every time he got his ass handed to him, then others trying to rezz his ass end up dead too. Its like, learn your fucking lesson, kid. Some people are just stupid. Basically 2 people on our team were carrying, me and this other dude, the other two had no fucking place being there.

But yeah, anyway, managed to score a V. I think I ended up with something like 2.5 billion dmg and 135 kills, lol. I did some gamer maths and came up with ~10,000 bullets landed on enemies, and thats not counting the misses, which was probably around 12,000. Thats ~150 LMG big 150 magazines reloaded.

Did not score even one upgrade for my shit. At the end I think they gave you 5 packages to open when you got done. All in all I got like 30 gunner points from the whole thing?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
  • Unscheduled maintenance for tomorrow"
  • "For 1.5 hours"
  • "5 AM EDT"
  • "We're gonna talk about the difficulty" (but not right now)
  • "We're looking at DZ infinite loading"
  • "Another issue we're looking at: misbehaving gearset"
  • "Sound issues is a constant thing we're trying to improve"
  • "Also looking at issues with reviving party member"
  • "Another issue is inaccessible bounty's location"
  • "Contaminated season cache is not intended"
  • "First topic: seasonal manhunt"
  • "If you change global difficulty after finishing Neptune, it will reset"
  • "Resetting Neptune doesn't block progress to Jupiter"
  • "UI issue if it doesn't show that way"
  • "We never intended to reset Manhunt progress when changing directive"
  • "We're working on that"
  • "Directive resets when you fast travel or go to a friend's world, that's not intended"
  • "We want to have UI for explicitly resetting manhunt"
  • "Next week we're going to have our first league"
  • "It involves activities related to Neptune manhunt"
  • "Speed run challenge for missions"
  • "Rewards include patch, trophies, and exotic cache"
  • "League lasts for 2 weeks"
  • "After season ends, exotic mask reward will go to normal loot pool"
  • "Might drop from similar-named NPC" (aka enemy named Coyote)
  • "Let's talk about difficulty"
  • "Topics: 1. general difficulty balancing"
  • "Enemy stats per difficulty tier"
  • "topic 2: Coop scale"
  • "Behind the scene scaling"
  • "topic 3: Dark Zone TTK"
  • "TTK in DZ is super quick, it's not intended"
  • "Still investigating"
  • "Low build diversity in DZ because of the low TTK"
  • "Talking about PVE now"
  • "Currently hard difficulty is roughly in line with where we want it to be"
  • "Meanwhile challenging is a bit overtuned"
  • "Challenging was initially balanced for people with perfect build"
  • "But it limits build diversity"
  • "We'll probably tune down challenging a little bit"
  • "We'll tone down damage too so blue build can survive"
  • "Currently the scaling for 3-4 player groups, especially on elite and named enemies, is off and they become spongey"
  • "We think we can do a good job fixing it"
  • "We might adjust heroic slightly"
  • "Heroic is not for everyone"
  • "It's for people who wants hardcore difficulty"
  • "The coop scaling fix should make heroic easier too for groups"
  • "We're actually happy that difficulty is back in the game"
  • "Fixing this balance issue should open up the build diversity, hybrid 2-2-2 build might even be viable"
  • "Fix for this balance issue needs update on BOTH client and server"
  • "We may do multiple balance changes, changing things one at a time"
  • "Raid is balanced differently"
  • "Loot quality"
  • "If you play challenging difficulty, enemy shouldn't drop purple loot"
  • (And heroic too I assume)
  • "Item container might still drop purple loot"

Vorph

Every subsequent grenade is dodged.
I knew Acosta didn't actually work like the description said, but finally found the exact info on what it does do on reddit: There's a hidden 45 second ICD that gives you a free grenade and instantly triggers overcharge on your skills. You shouldn't even have to wait for the grenade to explode, let alone need to hit something with it.

I really hope they correct the text but knowing the asshattery of Massive they will probably change the effect instead, which will make it and skill builds in general useless again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK, maybe solo the skill stuff is kinda lacking, but in groups they are really powerful. I have ran dozens and dozens of missions with PUGs over the last 2 week and its definitely noticeable when a good skill player is on your team. Shit like CC, heals, rezzes or even that mortar turret dude I told you guys about laying waste to enemies with his turret while we mopped up behind him. Shit even having someone to shock or daze mobs out of cover so you can shoot them is invaluable and time saving. So youre not playing whack a mole with the 3 dudes left on a map hiding behind cover and shit.