5.)Keeping the Old Game Alive
6.)Notes on Nuclear War
7.)Goodbye War
8.)The Knife Edge of Deterrence
can't find a copy

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just watched "Jay-Z Made in America". Ron Howard doc about Jay-Z's music festival in Philadelphia. Good story with lots of different kinds of good music. Needs to be watched someplace with a good sound system if at all possible. Currently playing on Showtime. Check it out.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watched Schooled on Netflix.

It's about student athlete slavery in the NCAA.

Sick fucks.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Overnight (2003) - TagTélé

Documentary confirming what I already believed:

1. Boondock Saints is a shitty movie
2. The director/writer of Boondock Saints must be some kind of tasteless jock retard.

Seriously. Troy Duffy is a bad investment, and a straight up terrible person who believed his own hype.

At least Kanye waited til he released some hit albums before he called himself Jesus.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Salinger (2013) - IMDb

Watched this a couple of days ago. Some of it is really interesting, particularly the parts about his unpublished stuff. I thought some of it was kind of weird and cheesy, and the people who make pilgrimages to his house are fucking weird.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>

I didn't really know much about Ginger Baker going into this other than about Cream and Blind Faith but it ended up being a crazy story. The full doc is on Netflix.

A Band Called Death about a proto punk band from Detroit and Soldiers of Paint about these guys that recreate the battle of Normandy in Oklahoma with paintball guns are two other good ones that are on Netflix right now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Overnight (2003) - TagTélé

Documentary confirming what I already believed:

1. Boondock Saints is a shitty movie
2. The director/writer of Boondock Saints must be some kind of tasteless jock retard.

Seriously. Troy Duffy is a bad investment, and a straight up terrible person who believed his own hype.

At least Kanye waited til he released some hit albums before he called himself Jesus.
So I just read up on this guy. Is he really working on a Boondock Saints 3? 2 might be one of the worst movies I've ever sat through. Seriously, it's fucking awful.

Disp_sl

shitlord
There's a new documentary out there called "The Act of Killing".
Director Ti West (the Innkeepers) was talking about it on Opie & Anthony yesterday.
It's supposed to be very emotionally powerful.
Rotten Tomatoes has it at 97%.

It's a story about murder in Indonesia, where over 1 million Chinese people were killed for being Communists.
They even had some of the real soldiers acting out what they would do to the Chinese people they were killing.

Watched this on Netflix last night and it was pretty incredible. It basically follows one guy and his partner as they talk to a lot of the people who were involved with them in the Communist executions in Indonesia back in the 60's. Goes through all the corruption, intimidation, and propaganda involved by the gangsters, politicians, newspapers, and military/police. The premise is these guys (the executioners) are setting out to create a movie recreating some of the atrocities they committed. There's a stark contrast between the two main executioners; Anwar (main dude), starts to realize how fucked up what he did was and how terrible the torture was when he acts as the person being tortured in a few scenes. The other guy, Adi, shows no remorse and justifies it in his mind because he was doing what his country needed. Both of them acknowledge that they were the real bad guys, not the communists. In one scene they talk to the head publisher for the newspaper who is a national icon, and he openly talks about directing the executioners whom to kill and altering what hostages said to make them look like the communists were the bad guys.

Movie was crazy from start to finish, and I definitely recommend it. Watching documentaries like this and just thinking about all the chaos and corruption in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, South America, and Russia helps me realize just how insulated we are from most of the rest of the world. Outside of Europe, Australia, U.S, and Japan, the world can be pretty fucked up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is the documentary putin tried to bribe the makers not to show.
its about the corruption and fuckery behind the winter olympics.