The Documentary Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Betting on Zero. Netflix atm

About the big multi level marketing companies and a guy betting against them.
On November 22, 2013, he admitted on Bloomberg Television that Pershing Square's open short position in Herbalife was "$400 million to $500 million" in the red, but that he wouldn't be squeezed out and would hold the short "to the end of the earth".[51]

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone watched this? I've suddenly seen it pop up on my Facebook feed, and am curious if it is worth watching.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone watched this? I've suddenly seen it pop up on my Facebook feed, and am curious if it is worth watching.

"80% of male children and 50% of all children will be autistic by 2030"....

I'm going to go ahead and guess it's not worth watching.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
"80% of male children and 50% of all children will be autistic by 2030"....

I'm going to go ahead and guess it's not worth watching.
How funny. I didn't even hear that statistic the first time I watched that trailer. Good point!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Episodes | The Vietnam War - New

Ken Burns doc Vietname War - can stream free at above link

Supposedly amazing, watching episode 1 right now but i'm hearing really good things. This board would probably care most that it's supposedly very fair, giving true legit reasons why we were there and why the war lasted so long instead of duurrrr americans are baby killers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Episodes | The Vietnam War - New

Ken Burns doc Vietname War - can stream free at above link

Supposedly amazing, watching episode 1 right now but i'm hearing really good things. This board would probably care most that it's supposedly very fair, giving true legit reasons why we were there and why the war lasted so long instead of duurrrr americans are baby killers.

We have a thread for this and it deserves more attention since it's really good!

The Vietnam War

Trigger warning for watching it though, it can be a bit emotional and tough listening to some of these guys explain the nonsense they had to deal with.

Well worth watching!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Jiro Dreams of Sushi. If you like Sushi in any way, or are a foodie at all, this is a very interesting watch.
I just re-watched this for the first time since it came out. I really want to visit that restaurant some day. Maybe his younger son's version. He's 86 years old now, so I don't know how much longer Jiro himself will still be doing his own restaurant.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Jim and Andy: the great beyond.

If you liked man in the moon you should enjoy this. Carrey talking about making the movie while they show behind the scenes footage he had that was made by Kaufmans girl and Zmuda.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is an older documentary, but until today, I don't think I had seen it. It's sort of a companion piece that went along with the Band of Brothers miniseries on HBO. This is a little over an hour of those guys talking about what went down during the war for Easy Company.
We Stand Alone Together (TV Movie 2001) - IMDb

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
The DW Documentary series crept into my YouTube recommendations and I've been digging it... example:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So tonight I was out at the local food fest they have the last Friday of every month. A radio station plays non-stop 80's and 90's hip hop there. It's not bad all things considered.

Anyway, they interrupted a song to talk about some guy that's present and is doing a Netflix Documentary based on the Accidental Death Missile Incoming warning, and they wanted people that were walking around to tell their stories. And props if you cry. So... Yeah, that hunk of shit is coming.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched The Seven Five on Netflix. Documentary about corrupt police in Brooklyn in the 80's/90's.

The Seven Five (2014) - IMDb

It's really interesting and it's one of the funniest documentaries I've ever seen. I love New Yorkers.