The Dragon Prince

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Fantastic season. Ended too soon - goes to show how great it was. I'm totally expecting

Callum to reverse the spell on the dragon king

Cannot wait for the next season.

that would be probably very bad given that at least one of his wings shattered after he crashed.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
U goobers didn't warn me of faggot elves! My kids are now scared for life!
You didn't point out the Card Crusher meme when Callum crushed their precious moon opal simply to get a glimpse of how a Rayla's parents fulfilled their duty but a bunch of asshole moon elves ostracized a whole family that literally did what was right at every opportunity? So now she's going to bang a white boy who can fly higher than an eagle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm only on episode 3 but just wanted to pop in and say, yeah, they just HAD to add more gay shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Yeah I am only 3 in also... why add literal gayness in aspects that are not needed- other than WOKE YO.

And yeah - I love how we are meant to feel sorry for ASSASINS that are trained and sent to kill - but they have a pretty flower ceremony so, murder is all good and awwman poor elf fags are sad one died. (Or did he...I don't know, I assume his half-sunk flower means something because he was...kinda...magically eaten?)

• 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Yeah I am only 3 in also... why add literal gayness in aspects that are not needed- other than WOKE YO.

And yeah - I love how we are meant to feel sorry for ASSASINS that are trained and sent to kill - but they have a pretty flower ceremony so, murder is all good and awwman poor elf fags are sad one died. (Or did he...I don't know, I assume his half-sunk flower means something because he was...kinda...magically eaten?)

You see, it's not gay, since Moon elves get to pick their gender parts, when they drink the gender fluid, during their bar mitzvah. The blacksmith elf has a female penis, the assassin elf (now stuck in a soul stone) had a male vagina, and both were united in their hatred of tits. A perfectly normal heterosexual relationship....

• 1Worf

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
He is half sunk because he isnt technically dead? Him + Raylas parents are in Virens coinpurse.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Enjoyable season for sure. Was wondering how they'd set up the next one since this seemed to tie up so much with the last episode.

Siliconemelons

yeah, havent watched it since the gay elf make out session... haven't encouraged kids to want to see it...

sad, this was a decent fantasy that my wife and I could watch with the kids...

And yes, I am saying that girl / girl is more "acceptable" because female affection is more passable and explainable to our children vs male on male. in S2 my kids where just like "they are sisters!" but the dudes...thats not something brothers do...and prompted more questions so, nope, done.

also gay is gross, lez is hotaf

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
You arent explaining anything to your kids if fem/fem is passable but male/male isnt. Literally the same thing. My line is drawn at made up genders, and honestly your chances of meeting one and interacting with someone like that is rare. Gay relationships however are pretty mainstream now, so sheltering your kids from that (depending on their age) isnt doing them any favors.
You can also just enjoy the show and not focus on the irrelevant-to-the-plot assassin relationship.

Siliconemelons

Neither is passable to me and my views - I am saying what triggers a question to me/wife from my two girl kids.

And yes, they are sheltered little Christian kids in private school and a close knit circle of friends / relatives / cousins etc. They are 3rd and 1st grade - and those were their reactions - the girl queens kissing = "aww they are sisters" - the fags kissing "ewwww, what are they doing? why are they kissing as boys."

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Neither is passable to me and my views - I am saying what triggers a question to me/wife from my two girl kids.

And yes, they are sheltered little Christian kids in private school and a close knit circle of friends / relatives / cousins etc. They are 3rd and 1st grade - and those were their reactions - the girl queens kissing = "aww they are sisters" - the fags kissing "ewwww, what are they doing? why are they kissing as boys."
Finished the season last night. It was quite enjoyable but, yes, another gay couple thrown in at the end. There have been more homosexual relationships depicted in this series than hetero.

I'm with you, Xadion. If I had young children I would not be comfortable letting them watch this. I wish they would just leave this shit out completely -- both sides.

• 1Solidarity

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I'm just giggling that you are raising 2 Christian girls who think 2 girls kissing is np, just sisters.

Edit: and you don't bother correcting them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm just giggling that you are raising 2 Christian girls who think 2 girls kissing is np, just sisters.

Edit: and you don't bother correcting them.

Is there some benefit to understanding that fags exist at age 5 over age 15?

• 1Rustled

Burns

Is there some benefit to understanding that fags exist at age 5 over age 15?

How else is your 6 year old going to know they need gender reassignment therapy?

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Not lying to your offspring has benefits.
Developmentally, kids learn the most throughout their early childhood, and bigotry is hard to unlearn.

Personally I dont think this show is for kids under the age of 8. Your mileage may vary, but unless you arent comfortable discussing adult themes whether its violence, sex, bigotry, politics, etc I would stick to books and children themed stories. If you deviate, dont lie to them to cover up your own xenophobia or refusal to give real answers.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fuck dude. If you don't expose your children to homosexual behaviors at a prepubescent age honestly you're just teaching them bigotry.

This is what you are saying.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Actually I said I wouldn't expose them until you are ready to explain it, not blanket statement disregard what they are seeing. "Sisters loving each other != the two queens love for each other."

Kids dont come into the world with bigoted ways or ideas, its filtered through their parents into them at a young age.

Make more sense to you?

Siliconemelons

You do know that if I "corrected them" and explained the situation - you would be even more pissed off from "the bigotry" aka, Christian values and Biblical morality

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got around to watching this. I really want to like it but this show makes it so damn hard.

So we finally get more background on the original dark mage. Dude discovers, or is helped to discover by Aravos, dark magic. Which he uses to empower humanity and make the Xadians, who openly declare they consider humans to be lesser creatures, actually consider them somewhat equal. To parlay with the first dark mage Sol Rega, King of Fire Dragons, arranges a meeting. He gives the first dark mage the condition that if he comes he will not harm him. This is so he agrees to come.

However this was an elaborate ruse so he could get the guy there then kill every single human in the nearby city when the dark mage guy was not there to protect them. If he chose not to comply to his command to not use dark magic. Real noble of you dragons. Yeah fuck you. In the first dark mages finest act he sacrifices his life to wound Sol Rega and save his city. How is this supposed to make me dislike dark magic or the first dark mage?

This contrasts with Evezandum the Thunder Dragon. Who we are supposed to feel bad for in this big dramatic sad scene. A dragon who killed hundreds if not thousands of humans over his life. Who never even bothered speaking to them because even Viren didn't know his name was Evezandum. Humans just called him Thunder because he crackles with lightning and thunder. Why should I feel bad some beast like that was killed off? Just like the red dragon in the last season there is absolutely no reason to have sympathy for malevolent dragons. But you are supposed to in the series for... reasons and it goes through a lot of setup to attempt to portray that.

We also get into Dark Magic being evil now. But to push that we have to subvert the previous seasons use of it. Aravos is capable of things that Viren and Claudia, who remain the only human dark mages, were not even remotely capable of. Aravos is certainly more evil than the humans sure. But we don't know why he was imprisoned or anything yet. Aravos distinctly did not need any reagents to do what he did. Which is a key point to dark magic. What are we supposed to figure with it here?

King Ezri going on a jaunt to be king but then immediately rejoining with Callum cheapened it considerably. For all the traveling they've done for two seasons to just get to Xadia we find that Ezri can just go from Katolis all the way to wherever in Xadia Callum was in like a day. No big deal. It just cheapens the journey aspect considerably. This is furthered by the fact that apparently Ezri's dad and Viren traveled deep into Xadia to hunt the Thunder dragon. Rather than just wait at the border where Thunder stands vigil... except for when the plot needs something else.

Not sure why Viren is afraid of Xadians though. They seem to universally be total clowns. Viren walked alone into Thunder's lair and found the egg. The holy dragon warrior company there to protect it fled when Thunder died and their leaders, Reyla's parents and elite warriors, got killed by Viren... who was alone with just a staff in a place he didn't know anything about. Fucking lol. This part makes Viren having his army and casting bloodlust on them especially pointless. Because even when Thunder was alive the King and Viren were able to get there and take his egg and all his shit with no support at all.

Just really cheapens the plot as a lot of it makes very little sense now. These are plot holes you can drive a cruise ship through. I did laugh at the Dragon Prince's mom conveniently being in hibernation though.

Viren is certainly an overly ambitious and evil human. No question about it. But the leaders of multiple kingdoms were slain by Xadia in response to Thunder being killed. Which gives impetus to Viren's ambition. So in the end the homicidal xenophobic Xadians are forced to ally with the lesser creature humans (and human kingdoms in opposition to Viren for unexplained reasons) to fight off Viren and his supporters now. Who have corrupted the Sun Elf magic to cast Bloodlust or some shit. I don't even know.

Last edited: