The Dragon Prince

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol there is no trap here my man, if he is caught he can be kept prisoner, tortured for information, exiled back to his land, whatever his captors deem fit. If it wasnt war time, I bet the latter would be more reasonable than the formers.

You're still trying to make an argument that this Dragon was illegally flying over human land, when there is no legal precedent to say otherwise. They were at war, which means the humans were in their right to shoot at it, but as I stated many times over that would have been foolish to do, until Soren shows up.
If the dragon wanted to raze the city, hell if all the dragons of xadia decide to invade, I doubt there is much the humans could do to stop them.
Maybe check yourself and think maybe there are some nuances you arent seeing.

...if the humans are in their right to shoot at it then it is necessarily illegal for it to be flying over their land.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
...if the humans are in their right to shoot at it then it is necessarily illegal for it to be flying over their land.
Are birds illegal to fly over land? The hell kind of causual relationship is that.
War time gives them the right. Doesnt make it illegal. Legality is a social construct.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lol there is no trap here my man, if he is caught he can be kept prisoner, tortured for information, exiled back to his land, whatever his captors deem fit. If it wasnt war time, I bet the latter would be more reasonable than the formers.

So the humans would be in the wrong for trespassing correct?

You're still trying to make an argument that this Dragon was illegally flying over human land, when there is no legal precedent to say otherwise. They were at war, which means the humans were in their right to shoot at it, but as I stated many times over that would have been foolish to do, until Soren shows up.

Let me quote you again...

Lol the dragon was not in the wrong my man. How do I make this make sense to you?

You're conceding you were wrong here, and that the dragon was in fact in the wrong and trespassing on human lands where it was unwelcome.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Are birds illegal to fly over land? The hell kind of causual relationship is that.
War time gives them the right. Doesnt make it illegal. Legality is a social construct.

Thunder, the dragon, was the king of Xadia and everyone in it. The elf assassins we're serving the dragon queen in killing the king of katolis over his death.

They aren't unintelligent birds. But sapient creatures.

Why do you think the show is called th Dragon PRINCE?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

doorface.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

War is a social construct too. Everything humans label is a social construct. Saying something is a social construct is absolutely meaningless, because all language is socially constructed. That's not an argument.

When at war with someone, its typically well know you should not enter their lands. Entry becomes a provocation in and of itself. Which again, brings us back to the Mama Bear. You seem to understand entering someone's home when NOT welcome a huge provocation, but attempt to say the dragon did nothing wrong due to "legal precedence" or whatever weird illogical segue you're using to cover your cognitive dissonance.

The reality is the dragon knew they were at war, understood she was not welcome and decided to fuck with the humans anyway. Right?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
So the humans would be in the wrong for trespassing correct?

Let me quote you again...

You're conceding you were wrong here, and that the dragon was in fact in the wrong and trespassing on human lands where it was unwelcome.
It was trespassing yes, saying it is wrong or not wrong is interpretation. What I am saying its stupid policy to shoot first and ask afterwards. It was circling above, not being aggressive. If it was a person circling the town, sure send an envoy and ascertain their intentions. How do you propose they do that to dragon? You can't so you either dont fuck with it or you do. They choose poorly, that's alllll I'm saying.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Thunder, the dragon, was the king of Xadia and everyone in it. The elf assassins we're serving the dragon queen in killing the king of katolis over his death.

They aren't unintelligent birds. But sapient creatures.

Why do you think the show is called th Dragon PRINCE?
Yea, I understand that, do you also understand saying it's illegal for a dragon to fly over their land, when the dragon isnt bound to their laws of the land is a ridiculous statement? Trespassing is understood, it is a fancy way of saying they shouldn't be there but they are, but illegal? Lol, illegality means bound to a set of laws, which that dragon is not. It's like saying it is illegal for China to beat their protestors to death. That shit dont fly if you are a US citizen, but they make their own laws, and last I checked there wasnt any international war crimes commities for Xadia and Humans.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea, I understand that, do you also understand saying it's illegal for a dragon to fly over their land, when the dragon isnt bound to their laws of the land is a ridiculous statement? Trespassing is understood, it is a fancy way of saying they shouldn't be there but they are, but illegal? Lol, illegality means bound to a set of laws, which that dragon is not. It's like saying it is illegal for China to beat their protestors to death. That shit dont fly if you are a US citizen, but they make their own laws, and last I checked there wasnt any international war crimes commities for Xadia and Humans.

What the fuck is this stupidity? Why would you bring up some irrelevant bullshit about China? It's literally a crime for a foreign national to cross the US border without proper authorization even when we AREN'T at war.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Lol what the fuck? If only there wasn't a magically sundered scar in the land full of magma that said this side is for humans and this side is for Xadia.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck is this stupidity? Why would you bring up some irrelevant bullshit about China? It's literally a crime for a foreign national to cross the US border without proper authorization even when we AREN'T at war.
Did i mention the US border? It's a crime to beat people to death for demonstrating, but notice China does it willy nilly? Because China's laws != US laws, where it is ILLEGAL.

See the difference? Need me to draw in crayon?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Lol what the fuck? If only there wasn't a magically sundered scar in the land full of magma that said this side is for humans and this side is for Xadia.
Think of it more like a Reservation. This is where you Humans can live, never come back over here. Doesn't magically mean Xadia can't and won't go there whenever they please - note they have caregivers for ancient monuments in their land already.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did i mention the US border? It's a crime to beat people to death for demonstrating, but notice China does it willy nilly? Because China's laws != US laws, where it is ILLEGAL.

See the difference? Need me to draw in crayon?

I doubt you possess the mental faculties to safely use a crayon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Think of it more like a Reservation. This is where you Humans can live, never come back over here. Doesn't magically mean Xadia can't and won't go there whenever they please - note they have caregivers for ancient monuments in their land already.

Are you saying Xadians are justified in doing whatever the fuck they want then?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
War is a social construct too. Everything humans label is a social construct. Saying something is a social construct is absolutely meaningless, because all language is socially constructed. That's not an argument.

When at war with someone, its typically well know you should not enter their lands. Entry becomes a provocation in and of itself. Which again, brings us back to the Mama Bear. You seem to understand entering someone's home when NOT welcome a huge provocation, but attempt to say the dragon did nothing wrong due to "legal precedence" or whatever weird illogical segue you're using to cover your cognitive dissonance.

The reality is the dragon knew they were at war, understood she was not welcome and decided to fuck with the humans anyway. Right?
Everything to do with humans is a social construct yes - for how society acts. When you bring another species into the picture, you can't impose your values on them, law included.
That's beside the point though, there is nothing in the story thus far that states the exile of humans meant the Xadians were also barred from going over there - they just never had a reason to. The fact that they are at War now doesn't change this. Sure the humans can be like "rah we're at war, you're here illegaly!" but seriously, the Dragons and Elves probably don't give a fuck, because that's human culture, not theirs.

The dragon may or may not have known they were at war, it might have been there on a peace mission for all you know. It *didnt* attack anyone after 3 days, only when provoked. Maybe ask yourself why instead of insisting you are correct and you know it's motivations?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Are you saying Xadians are justified in doing whatever the fuck they want then?
We are justified in clear cutting rainforests which kill thousands of wildlife for shopping malls. Who is to say they don't see us as anything less than wildlife? They shuffled us off their ranch when we started using Dark Magic.
They were justified in doing whatever the fuck they wanted 1000 years ago, with little human affect to the contrary. This is a fantasy setting after all, we aren't the Alpha at the top of the food chain here.