The E-cig Thread

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The one downside is the hole leading to the wick is smaller then the stock coil ls that come with it. I find myself needing to add a drop or two of water in high vg blends otherwise I get dry hits. The .5 stock has a perfectly sized hole that wicks nicely even in max vg juices. Saw a vid showing you how to rebuild the stock occ coils and it seemed easy enough. Will most likely explore that option for the best of both worlds.

Plus, the stock coil allows more juice capacity as well, since it doesnt take up as much room screwed into the tank.

Oldbased

> Than U
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...l-heads-5-pack

Fasttech is awesome for prices( make sure you buy authentic coils as the others are cheaper,look the same but people say they aren't ) but shipping is slow as balls unless you upgrade it from free.
Like 2-4 weeks slow, shit literally crosses the ocean I think on the boat.

Also for you subtank mini guys you'll probably want extra o rings but unless you do the Lowes fat oring thing I found on reddit, Kanger wants 1.99 a set + 2.99 shipping. Couldn't find them on Fasttech but I did order new glass tanks from there as I have broken 3 already.

Should add when you order from them they do take a picture of the package and has a tracking id on the order page you can track from china. So you at least know where your shit is at all times and even what it'll look like before it arrives.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You sure they're legit ? I hear Kanger especially are counterfeited a lot overseas. Some prices that are super cheap and sound too good to be true probably are. (I havent checked your link, just wondering)

Oldbased

> Than U
You sure they're legit ? I hear Kanger especially are counterfeited a lot overseas. Some prices that are super cheap and sound too good to be true probably are. (I havent checked your link, just wondering)
They counter that with offering both the legit kanger(listed as authentic ) and the knockoffs.
I have bought both versions and taken them apart to compare with the original occ coils I had. The authentic version are indeed Kanger the knockoffs are identical except the wire isn't kanthal and the cotton is some wierd shit.
5 coils for $11.35+ about .90 shipping if you want it in a week or so isn't that bad.
Don't buy the knockoffs to save a buck per coil though. Still $2.25 a coil for the real Kangers and they last me about 5-7 days but better than the $3.50 the local stores want.
Just got my black oring set from Kanger today and my black glass tank from Fasttech.
Now waiting on my textured skin from Jwraps.com\

Should add the subtank glass tanks ran a buck and change and I didn't upgrade shipping the 2nd order I got today. Took 12 days to arrive to KY from China. They come clear, blue tint, black tint.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Okay so my Subtank mini should be coming in the next couple of days, does anyone have any experience of the mini and the Aspire Nautilus? Just wondering what I can expect from it coming from the Nautilus flavour wise.

Oh and I originally ordered my iStick 50w from Fasttech but the day after I'd ordered they changed my shipping date to a month later (after taking the cash from PayPal) so I cancelled the order. I'm not the most patient individual at the best of times.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Well it came in the mail this morning and holy shit this is a much warmer more flavourful vape, perfect.

Only tried the 1.2 coil so far and now am a little scared to try the .5.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well it came in the mail this morning and holy shit this is a much warmer more flavourful vape, perfect.

Only tried the 1.2 coil so far and now am a little scared to try the .5.
1.2 is for flavor .5 is for smoke. Many at the vape shops here sport .5 and buildable .5s on the mini but it's too hot for me since I use a thinner metal drip tip than the mini came with. I'm all about the almond joy and banana flavor juices and the 1.2.
Now that my cig thing is a thing of the past I now only vape about 40 ml of juice a week and dropping back to 12mg the next bottle.

Oldbased

> Than U
The one downside is the hole leading to the wick is smaller then the stock coil ls that come with it. I find myself needing to add a drop or two of water in high vg blends otherwise I get dry hits. The .5 stock has a perfectly sized hole that wicks nicely even in max vg juices. Saw a vid showing you how to rebuild the stock occ coils and it seemed easy enough. Will most likely explore that option for the best of both worlds.

Plus, the stock coil allows more juice capacity as well, since it doesnt take up as much room screwed into the tank.
Hmm on the mini juice capacity is unchanged since the rod remains the same. Coil doesn't matter for capacity.

Devlin

Golden Squire
1.2 is for flavor .5 is for smoke. Many at the vape shops here sport .5 and buildable .5s on the mini but it's too hot for me since I use a thinner metal drip tip than the mini came with. I'm all about the almond joy and banana flavor juices and the 1.2.
Now that my cig thing is a thing of the past I now only vape about 40 ml of juice a week and dropping back to 12mg the next bottle.
No kidding about that drip tip, it's way too big. Would one from my nautilus or protank 2 be suitable or is it that size for some sort of safety reasons?

Oldbased

> Than U
No kidding about that drip tip, it's way too big. Would one from my nautilus or protank 2 be suitable or is it that size for some sort of safety reasons?
Any 510 will fit. Fasttech sells about 2000 different ones but the orings not always in the same chamber spot. Local Vape store carries about 20 different ones as well.
They range from a buck to 5 each.

Here is the one I bought on the left, original subtank tip on the right.
rrr_img_93103.jpg

Devlin

Golden Squire
I think I'm going to have to cut back on the nicotine and pg of my juices for future orders with this tank. So much throat hit that I'm coughing like shit every time I try a lung hit. 50/50 12mg is too damn high.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think I'm going to have to cut back on the nicotine and pg of my juices for future orders with this tank. So much throat hit that I'm coughing like shit every time I try a lung hit. 50/50 12mg is too damn high.
50 is really bare minimal on subtank anyways. I find mine likes 70%vg the best for leak issues and coil burn. I started at 12mg, went up to 18( I WAS a 3-4 pack a day smoker afterall ) been at 15 this last week going back to 12 next week.

Devlin

Golden Squire
50 is really bare minimal on subtank anyways. I find mine likes 70%vg the best for leak issues and coil burn. I started at 12mg, went up to 18( I WAS a 3-4 pack a day smoker afterall ) been at 15 this last week going back to 12 next week.
Yeah, that's a brutal amount of cigarettes per day. I don't see any conceivable way that I would go back to smoking now, I just like the flavour aspect too much.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just got my OCC Authentic Kanger coils from Fasttech and compared the box to local vape shop.
They are legit, has the code you can look up on Kanger to confirm and all that. Everything is identical , so they are legit.
Only about a buck savings off local shops but for sure cheapest way to go on subtank. ~ $2.25 per coil.
Also got my samsung 25r 18650 battery charges so much faster and lasts so much longer than the cheap no brand one I had.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I've been using the .5 ohm coil for the past few days and it's an easier/smoother vape than the 1.2.

The iStick 50w and the Subtank mini are a really nice combo. Still using my MVP2 and Nautilus for a cooler vape as well.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Update on the Subtank.

Started using the RBA and holy shit this is an absolutely fantastic vape, massive flavour and lots of vapour. Still using the prebuilt coil that came with it and it's reading at .6 ohms, mouth to lung is no longer a problem. This thing just makes juices truly shine, I had some Hawk Sauce from Mount Baker Vapor and I liked it before but with the Subtank it's out of this world fantastic.

My Nautilus and Protank II are gathering dust.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So.. I finally got into a subtank, the aspire atlantis, after using the nautilus for like 5 months. I dunno if something was wearing out or breaking, or if I was just getting too used to it, but I'd regularly take 7-9second hits on my nautilus to get the vape production I wanted and it was still lacking. Just got tired of it.

Got the atlantis a day ago, and I really didn't think my e-liquid choice through before doing so. I'd been down to 6-8mg (depending on brand, some don't offer one or the other) but I can't really take a real hit at 8mg with this thing.. and 6 is even a bit rough. Unfortunately, since buying the atlantis was somewhat spur of the moment.. I literally just received like 200ml of liquid through the mail at 8mg. May have to order some 0mg of the same flavors just to mix and cut it down. I'm guessing that works the way I hope?

On that note, recently discovered my new favorite vape company at a convention down in dallas (was there for a different reason, but it was in the same convention center), Violet Vapor. They had $5 30ml bottles on special, ended up getting like 4 that I liked, especially 'Doctor Who' and 'Just Keep Swimming'. Ordered their other two dr.who brands to try, dalek and TARDIS. I've, only really vaped the tardis one so far but again, just like the Doctor Who one, REALLY good fruit flavors, ignore the nerdy/gimmick names if need be, these guys are just great at creating blends.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there a go to site any of you use for reviews and stuff? There are so many you tubers with reviews that I don't know what to trust since they are all getting this shit for free.

Devlin

Golden Squire
The guy on YouTube P Busardo I think is RIDICULOUSLY in depth with his reviews, I would certainly trust everything he says just because he's so incredibly thorough and never uses any hyperbole.
Reddit ain't bad either generally.