The E3 2021 Thread

spronk

FPS noob
i'm excited for

• Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo Infinite (more curiosity than actual play)
  • Hades coming to gamepass (heard its a great game)
  • Far Cry 6 looked cool
  • Elden Ring
  • Lesbian Simulator i mean life is strange (no, not really)
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon coming to gamepass (but plat'd already)
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance coming to gamepass next week
  • Psychonauts 2 coming Aug 2021
Anything that was announced past Jan 2022 doesn't exist as far as I am concerned, when its closer I will care.

Sony should be doing their own big thing July 8th

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was pretty hype about the chances for a good nintendo showing until I saw that guy nixing the Metroid Prime stuff, and the rumors (which you can never believe) behind the MP4 stuff is just dire, kind of cut the hopes down to just Zelda info which I guess they did deliver on.

Wait, did Metroid Prime 4 get nixed?

God Damnit.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Wait, did Metroid Prime 4 get nixed?

God Damnit.

They announced awhile ago that they are restarting development. So it wasnt nixed, but the initial development was apparently really bad. And now restarted and a long way from release

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is nonsense because if you detatch a Joycon from the Switch then you have a Wiimote.
Yeah pretty much. Just make MPTrilogy and Skyward Sword "docked-only" games that don't have a handheld mode.

Without a hardware update, the Switch is going to start looking really god damn old compared to the Xbox and PS5.
That didn't stop them with the Wii. 480p graphics during the 2006-2013 timeframe when PS3/360 were doing 720p and sometimes 1080p. By 2010 or so the Wii looked incredibly antiquated on an HDTV to the point that I only really played retro games on it, and they persisted with it for another four years.

They announced awhile ago that they are restarting development. So it wasnt nixed, but the initial development was apparently really bad. And now restarted and a long way from release
Oh yeah, I know about that. Thought for a second that it got fully-nixed on top of that, like they decided to just not bother.

The stuff I'm very excited for:
-Elden Ring
-Square's FF1 Souls game thing
-Metroid Dread

The stuff I'm sort of excited for:
-BOTW2
-Far Cry 6

That's about it. No Metroid Prime 4, no Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, no Bioshock 4, no Switch Pro. What an anemic week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Given the complete restart on development I'm just assuming that MP4 will never happen. If it does at this point we're looking at what, 2023? 24? For sure society will have collapsed by then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's what I'm starting to think about Bayonetta 3 at this point too.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Given the complete restart on development I'm just assuming that MP4 will never happen. If it does at this point we're looking at what, 2023? 24? For sure society will have collapsed by then.

Plot twist : Metroid Prime 4 is just post-apocalypse Nintendo releasing a fully-functional arm cannon so you can fend off cannibals and mutants in the Covidous Wastes. Powered daily with an amiibo.*

*not included

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Welp, this is gonna be a fantastic year if you're an indie dev, the big studios basically have nothing.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i liked seeing Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite and GOTG but yeah the big surprises this year were the leaks that turned out to be false, namely

- no switch pro hardware update
- nothing about a Marvel XCOM game afaik
- nothing from Warner about their Suicide Squad or Gotham Knight games (not releasing in 2021 tho anyways)
- no crazy portable steam handheld
- no crazy Gamepass stuff like Ubi titles now included
- no big Microsoft studio acquisition like IO interactive or other big ones
- actually almost nothing hardware wise

ShakyJake

<Donor>
i liked seeing Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite and GOTG but yeah the big surprises this year were the leaks that turned out to be false, namely

- no switch pro hardware update
- nothing about a Marvel XCOM game afaik
- nothing from Warner about their Suicide Squad or Gotham Knight games (not releasing in 2021 tho anyways)
- no crazy portable steam handheld
- no crazy Gamepass stuff like Ubi titles now included
- no big Microsoft studio acquisition like IO interactive or other big ones
- actually almost nothing hardware wise
Yeah, I'm guessing chip shortages nixed any hardware releases.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Well for that one, safe bet is that they're saving them for the DC fan event in October (although I admit, I had thought that they would at least have something for Gotham Knights at E3).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Society won't collapse by then. They'll just lay the groundwork. It won't actually collapse until the establishment wills it enough to knock over the first domino, probably in late 2025 when they realize President Desantis isn't going to play ball and decide to 2020 his ass into oblivion.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll admit Metroid Dread gave me a woody. Nostalgia driven, but a woody nonetheless.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This E3 was a steaming pile of shit, even Microsoft's shit (which was far superior), was 90%, "Look at this cinematic?!".

Elden Ring, Stalker, and Forza was possibly the only shit we actually saw that I cared about.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Here's a video that's better than anything at E3. Anybody know what the music is from 2:00 to 6:00 ish? Pretty sure it's from a game, and we don't have a "what's that song" thread.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I have to admit, I have never been on the Game Pass bandwagon but after the last few games having been on Game Pass day one, and most Collectors/Deluxe editions either being money grabs or complete shit, I may just buy and extra year of gold and then switch over.