The E3 2021 Thread

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Frankly, we should have expected this.

Debugging an almost complete game? Plausible to get done from home, especially if geometry is finished.

Having your art people pulling down massive unoptimized uncompressed world geometry repeatedly, especially once the scope gets cut down and you start tossing out 30% of the game world repeatedly? Much uglier.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Alot of artists are so normal they don't even own a computer. Like they leave work and go do real life stuff instead of going home and working on the game some more.

So weird

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nintendo is tommorrow. Everyone else was pretty meh though(well Microsoft was good if you are gamepass person).

MS has been the only good thing ive seen so far - Sucks Sony abstains from E3 but not really surprised at this point

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Alot of artists are so normal they don't even own a computer. Like they leave work and go do real life stuff instead of going home and working on the game some more.

So weird

1623763157744.png

• 1Pathetic

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This E3 has been a God awful shit show of epic proportions, disappointment, and political/woke nonsense.

I'll be damned if I ever buy another Take Two title ever again. Fuck off Take Two.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yea the political/wokeness is a mess. The corporatization of games is always god awful. A lot of cringe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Usually Nintendo can really shit the bed but i dont think they can top how pointless Capcom was yesterday so it probably wont end on the biggest turd in the pile anymore lol

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Best Buy has had MP4 on their site available to preorder for well over a year.

Kudos to this guy trying to get webhits lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just got a heads-up from a friend at Gamestop that they might be doing Switch Pro preorders this afternoon and that they've been "led to believe that" by the company. Probably serious.

I'm going to pop over there and see what's what.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And shock more remasters and garbage for Nintendo.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo fucked it all up lmao

Looks like we're going to see a nice crash in 2022

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Seriously.... No MP4 .... I mean a new Zelda sure next year "hopefully" ....

And what the hell is that handheld from 1985 with Zelda on it. Seriously.....

Delly

Trakanon Raider
That new Metroid Dread game seems cool. Might actually get the Mario Golf for the fam.

Overall though, another snoozer.

• 1Truth!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Metroid Dread was some game they were gonna make for the DS like 20 years ago but cancelled it. Not gonna get my hopes up on that.

• 1Truth!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully BOTW2 has some dungeons in it. They were sorely missing in BOTW1.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I guess my Gamestop buddy was wrong, no Switch Pro? Glad I didn't run over there.

Metroid Dread and BOTW2 are cool at least. I'm glad to get any Metroid at this point.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Metroid Dread is cool because more Metroid is cool, but I'll admit I was disappointed. I wasn't expecting MP4 to be ready but I at least hoped we'd get a quick release for Metroid Prime Trilogy that's been rumored for a while.

Getting Dread will depend on how it plays though, I'm not a fan of games where I'm constantly pursued by something so I'll have to see closer to release if it plays like the Metroid 2 remake on 3DS (which was awesome) or not..

BOTW2 wasn't too surprising as an announcement but it looks very cool, wish we'd learned more about it but it looks really fun.

I'm not a big Tekken fan so the Smash x Tekken announcement fell kinda flat for me, though I have the fighter pass so I'll get him anyway.

I don't play any of those JRPGs so most of the announcements were not interesting for me, but I'm on the other hand super excited about Two Point Campus, since I really really enjoyed Two Point Hospital.

The rest is mostly remasters of games I'm not interested in, or ports of games I've already played and finished on PS4 so eh..

Also surprised that there was no Switch Pro teasing at least, but then again I don't really see any reason for them to upgrade it with the same old games coming out.. maybe they'll do one next year for the BOTW2 release as a bundle pack like they did for BOTW on release.