The E3 2021 Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
GOTG had me hoping it'd be like Spider-man. After this extended sequence, it looks like a hard "nope."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Asholes. Starfield "Xbox excklusive". We made Bethesda into what it is today. We endured all the bugs and troubles. They owe us a day one PC version ffs.
Xbox-exclusive means "not on PS5". It will be on Windows too.

Announced at the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on November 11, 2022. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.
I'd be very surprised if it wasn't day one on PC Game Pass as well, that's probably just poor wording there in the press release.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gaming industry following in the footsteps of Hollywood. Just "remake" the same shit. What kind of asshole pays for a "remastered" Life is Strange?

Edit: Oh my. And the sequel is a super power of empathy? Jesus...

May as well make the super power being non-binary.

Last edited:
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
PC Gaming starting up. God, the guy who hosts this is just the worst; I'd forgotten just how annoying he is.

EDIT: And the skits--Jesus Christ, the skits.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So is the gaming industry going for the record of most zombie games in a year?
Feeling like the 90's when everyone wanted to get on the fighting game train...
:rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Asholes. Starfield "Xbox excklusive". We made Bethesda into what it is today. We endured all the bugs and troubles. They owe us a day one PC version ffs.

All their games said "exclusive" but at the end said windows 10 PC as well. Just no PS4/PS5.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres zero creativity left in the AAA/mainstream game industry. Copy, rehash, remake, repeat.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Theres zero creativity left in the AAA/mainstream game industry. Copy, rehash, remake, repeat.

Games that take risk and cant make assured money are usually cancelled early or late, or never get the green light. Im sure somewhere some intern with great ideas is being told to shut up and do his job till his creative insights die and he becomes a new VP at EA.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Well, I remember that interview from Kotick in the late 90s early 00s where he wanted to take the fun out of video games. Took him a few decades but he has succeeded.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Big studios are not going to risk AAA tier funding on unproven ideas. We still get big name games which have some uniqueness to them, think H:ZD or Returnal, but they are just reskins of existing games/mechanics pretty much.

There is still plenty of innovation and creativity in indie studios though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No risk no reward. They keep on printing reprints over and over, people just dont want that shit. Someone has to take risks or the industry is dead. Indie studios dont habve the money nor the manpower to create AAA games. And while some of their ideas are great its still not being represented in the AAA industry.