The Elder Scrolls Online

And they are pretty much guaranteeing that you won't be able to play the game in any reasonable manner during the test. They are going to reboot randomly and with notification, crank stuff up on the servers to put them under load, etc.

If you are hoping for this to be a good chance to get a feel for the game I would say you are better served in waiting for an actual play-test invite. With that said, I made an account anyway and will try to log on to see if I can move more than 5 feet without crashing.

Madaxe_sl

shitlord
From stress test invite:

In return for helping us, your participation in this stress test will increase your chances to be invited to a normal, longer-term test.
I suppose i'll download and do a stress test despite my better judgement. If nothing else, maybe I'll get a beta key i can trade for some other beta I'm actually interested in!

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
And they are pretty much guaranteeing that you won't be able to play the game in any reasonable manner during the test. They are going to reboot randomly and with notification, crank stuff up on the servers to put them under load, etc.

If you are hoping for this to be a good chance to get a feel for the game I would say you are better served in waiting for an actual play-test invite. With that said, I made an account anyway and will try to log on to see if I can move more than 5 feet without crashing.
Or you might get lucky and their servers might not be complete garbage. I know, I am crazy.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There's no way they are gonna 'underestimate' demand for a fucking elder scrolls game... Is there?

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I saw the words "beta" and "invite" in the subject of an email and got my hopes up that it was Hearthstone. Just a stress test key, but it's up for grabs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sucks, as I literally don't even get home from work until 9pm EDT, as I live on the west coast.

This blows, I wanted to at least get in game!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I'd TOTALLY blow a vaca day to stare at a login screen in rage as some server down message flashes for 2.5 hours. Especially for a game that had been universally lauded.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ You beat me
smile.png

I heard there's a pretty bad flu hitting the west coast right now
This would be the worst use of a sick day.

Seriously.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Hey, I'm not willing to do it, but maybe this dude is. I'm off with nothing to do in those hours anyway

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Testing a shitty upcoming MMO login screen for 3h in hope of 3mins of level 1 gameplay won't exactly ruin my day, and I'm kind of intrigued about their combat gameplay. It seems to suck so hard on paper (and in leaked videos) I would rather try it myself. Call it curiosity !

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Testing a shitty upcoming MMO login screen for 3h in hope of 3mins of level 1 gameplay won't exactly ruin my day, and I'm kind of intrigued about their combat gameplay. It seems to suck so hard on paper (and in leaked videos) I would rather try it myself. Call it curiosity !
Yup, feel the exact same way.

Gonna do some paper work while I sit in front of the screen