The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
While waiting for that, let me introduce you a thrilling community event, The Developer Question Of The Week :

I swear to the gaming gods anytime any of these people do one of these videos I want to throat punch whoever is speaking. It is THAT fucking bad. Who green lights this? Honestly!? Are they THAT out of touch with reality? What fucking planet are they from? Have they been on a permanent acid bender since 1965? Obviously this guy has. Does anyone look at these before they go out? Are they trolling the general public because they have nothing else to do because the majority of their studio knows this game will suck ass and are already polishing their resume? Do they even want their name attached?

There are actually people breathing right now patting themselves on the back for this.

Seriously.

Blackwulf

N00b
The Elder Scrolls fan base seem to like this stuff. It's positively received on the main forums, for instance. I'm with you, though, as I'd much rather see more dev q&a, etc.

Speaking of q&a, it's apparently quite a process. The teso.junkiesnation q&a based on this forum's questions has been approved (at least some of the questions) and our rep is currently getting dev answers for us. Hopefully there will be something soon.

While waiting for that, let me introduce you a thrilling community event, The Developer Question Of The Week :

Good to see that Colonel Sanders got a job after that Kentucky Fried Chicken thing ...

But seriously, that guy is Lawrence Schick. He made some of the best Dungeons & Dragons modules in history. Maybe that stuff doesn't hold up today, but you gotta cut him a little slack for the RP stuff.
redface.png

S2 both covers.jpg

Check it out. People were camping the Shroom King back in 81 ...

in-the-dungeons-of-the-slave-lords-fc-1981.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good to see that Colonel Sanders got a job after that Kentucky Fried Chicken thing ...

But seriously, that guy is Lawrence Schick. He made some of the best Dungeons & Dragons modules in history. Maybe that stuff doesn't hold up today, but you gotta cut him a little slack for the RP stuff.
redface.png

S2 both covers.jpg

I made a really nifty text adventure back in 1979 in basic on an Apple II as well.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Cool. So how many millions of people played it and/or were influenced by it?
He made a fucking White Plume module. He didn't invent D&D.

Has anyone ever heard of delorium incessation era effect? You probably won't have but should, especially in this industry. It's when people did something no one gives a fuck about 35 years ago which had relative little impact on anything back then anyway and now, automatically, should be looked at as some type of gaming magistrate. It's why this game, and many others in this genre, are mediocre (at best) box rot at worst.

Did they hire the guy that designed the art for the bridges in River Raid? I bet that guy can make a mean Mushroom plant to harvest in Tamriel.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This is total and utter bullshit. Im sure all the games, save a very few, have all been profitable up to this point. Even swtor is probably in the black now and making money. And that was supposedly one of the most expensive ever to make.

I just dont buy your line of reasoning because if all these games were such utter failures and lost sooo much money, why do they keep making them? Money people behind these games are not dumb, bro. These things are cash cows no matter if you or I deem them to be failures. Go check over at mmorpg.com and see how many more are in production....
I completely agree with this. Most games make some sort of profit, I'm sure. That's obvious by the fact that most are still running. Being a failure can just mean not hitting expectations, not actually losing money.

Kind of like major movies. Even when they bomb, they still make money

DMK_sl

shitlord
Honestly... How behind the times are these guys. I seriously cannot fathom how the PR for ESO approves these terrible videos. I try to think of every rational process that could possibly green light this absolute garbage. I mean even a short snippet of game play with some voice over would be fine... I just can't fucken understand..How can such a fucken great IP be so terribly presented?

It's like their PR is some pissed off dev that has been working on The Elder Scrolls single player games from the beginning and he got shafted to the MMO and is doing everything in his power to make it look like shit. Honestly that's the closest I've come to a rational reason for this shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Honestly... How behind the times are these guys. I seriously cannot fathom how the PR for ESO approves these terrible videos. I try to think of every rational process that could possibly green light this absolute garbage. I mean even a short snippet of game play with some voice over would be fine... I just can't fucken understand..How can such a fucken great IP be so terribly presented?

It's like their PR is some pissed off dev that has been working on The Elder Scrolls single player games from the beginning and he got shafted to the MMO and is doing everything in his power to make it look like shit. Honestly that's the closest I've come to a rational reason for this shit.
You think this is bad just wait until you see the train wreck of a game. The same people thinking this is a great idea are some of the same people running the show of this game. You haven't seen anything yet.

DMK_sl

shitlord
You think this is bad just wait until you see the train wreck of a game. The same people thinking this is a great idea are some of the same people running the show of this game. You haven't seen anything yet.
Fuck me. I fucken love the Elder Scrolls games as well. They are like the GTA of dungeons and dragons.

Blackwulf

N00b

redface.png

S2 both covers.jpg

Check it out. People were camping the Shroom King back in 81 ...

Haha, that's so badass! When I saw those images I was swamped with nostalgia. Shit, man, I remember playing those modules. I had no idea Lawrence Schick did that - they need to publicize that kind of thing more. His voice is pretty legit, and all the Elder Scrolls fanboys go nuts over these posts he does. Have you seen this one? lol

He made a fucking White Plume module. He didn't invent D&D.

Has anyone ever heard of delorium incessation era effect? You probably won't have but should, especially in this industry. It's when people did something no one gives a fuck about 35 years ago which had relative little impact on anything back then anyway and now, automatically, should be looked at as some type of gaming magistrate. It's why this game, and many others in this genre, are mediocre (at best) box rot at worst.

Did they hire the guy that designed the art for the bridges in River Raid? I bet that guy can make a mean Mushroom plant to harvest in Tamriel.

Seriously? You can't find it within yourselves to give props to the author of some of the best old school D&D modules? I mean are you guys getting paid to poison the well for this game? It's the same fucking broken record every time you post.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean are you guys getting paid to poison the well for this game? It's the same fucking broken record every time you post.
Maybe they're the same people who've been watching recent video leaks (lvl50 Cyro Stress Test, etc) and are disgusted about that whole "Skyrim beta" feel originating from the very same forums you keep talking when you speak about "this week developer's question" PR appraising ?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I mean are you guys getting paid to poison the well for this game? It's the same fucking broken record every time you post.
You should really give up and just go shill on another forum. No amount of you sucking this game off is going to change the general attitude towards the game around here. Go and tell your masters that you have failed and that you are better off trying to fool some place else.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wait, you mean people who don't like something will keep posting they don't like it while peopel who do like it will keep posting that they do like it?

Crazy.

Blackwulf

N00b
You should really give up and just go shill on another forum. No amount of you sucking this game off is going to change the general attitude towards the game around here. Go and tell your masters that you have failed and that you are better off trying to fool some place else.
Yeah, cause I've done anything that can be called shilling here lately. Try something original or constructive please.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Seriously? You can't find it within yourselves to give props to the author of some of the best old school D&D modules? I mean are you guys getting paid to poison the well for this game? It's the same fucking broken record every time you post.
What the fuck are you talking about? I saw the video and in my opinion it was fucken terrible. I spoke specifically about the latest thing released.I guess now we shouldn't post unless it's positive. Also it's isn't just me and UT who think that video was shit. The general consensus at the moment is that the video is shit. Once again you will try and bait UT or anyone you can into an argument so the thread will stay on the first page. Honestly you are the worst poster on this forum.