The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm telling you, my leading theory is UT was either denied a job by the group of developers he hates so much or was fired by them. There is just no way the zealous hate he shows for them is purely from making bad/rushed video games.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I will try to stream this game tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Only been in the stress test so it will probably be pretty boring as I figure stuff out. Also I will need to cover up my chat area so I don't get banned or anything silly assuming it is still under NDA.

Jave

Trakanon Raider
I will try to stream this game tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Only been in the stress test so it will probably be pretty boring as I figure stuff out. Also I will need to cover up my chat area so I don't get banned or anything silly assuming it is still under NDA.
It has your email address covering your entire screen. It's not intrusive, but it's there.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It has your email address covering your entire screen. It's not intrusive, but it's there.
Uggh, thats lame. My account is registered under my work email too, so its not something I want out there.
frown.png
So much for that idea.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
/\ Thank God someone gets it.

Now try something a bit more recent.

Congratulations, Funcom. - The Secret World Forums
Ut, we generally agree, but you are wrong on this one. TSW was an unmitigated disaster for Funcom.

The MMOs are "cash flow positive" because they gutted the entire company and went from 2 live teams and very large development down to one small live team for all 3 games. If you just look at it on a current month-to-month basis then they are making money yes, but TSW will likely never make the money it cost back in any reasonable time-frame.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Gotchya. You would know better than I in that regard. Was looking at a press statement that time around.

That seems like a rather narrow view of if the game is good or not.

Lots of variables in an MMO, a lot that can go wrong.
You are speaking with Blackwulf. Our resident Shill.

Khalid if you stream it you will have your beta revoked and if you have real information in the beta form for this stress test, they will revoke any and all access to anything you have prior or current. Can't have people actually knowing what the game is like.

Cinge, I have lived in MN my entire life you fucking twit.

Blackwulf

N00b
That seems like a rather narrow view of if the game is good or not.

Lots of variables in an MMO, a lot that can go wrong.
Nah, I just loved DAOC. If cyrodiil brings back that feeling, it's all I would need. That doesn't mean it would be a great mmo for other people's tastes.

You are speaking with Blackwulf. Our resident Shill.
So, people start calling you out on your batshit crazy ranting, and your response is to try the old shill card again. Cool strategy.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Cinge, I have lived in MN my entire life you fucking twit.
Please, let us know which of these industry giants you work for, so we can better understand why you should be heading up these projects instead of Sage and Firor:

gamedevmap

Or are you just so good that East & west coast based companies let you mail it in from home?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Please, let us know which of these industry giants you work for, so we can better understand why you should be heading up these projects instead of Sage and Firor:

gamedevmap

Or are you just so good that East & west coast based companies let you mail it in from home?
Who said I worked in the industry you Canadian Jackwagon?

By the way, there are Activision/Blizzard offices in Eagan MN... idiot.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nah, I just loved DAOC. If cyrodiil brings back that feeling, it's all I would need. That doesn't mean it would be a great mmo for other people's tastes.

So, people start calling you out on your batshit crazy ranting, and your response is to try the old shill card again. Cool strategy.
No. I would rather call you out though on your "If it's anything like DAOC RvR it's all good with me". I would like to know how you say this when you have already fucking played it.... So you already know it's not. So what is the purpose of that post? You also write for the fan site here, want the hits bnecvause I know what the pay structure will be like when you get hits, and you have avested interest in not pissing off anyone over at Zenimax Online so you can get more access. In other words, you are a shill. A shill with special interests. Possibly even worse.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So let me get this straight... You absolutely rail against people who do work in the industry and claim to have insider info at every turn... And now your defense is 'jokes on you! I don't even have development experience!'.

Brilliant.

Btw is it just a coincidence that the definition of 'Utnayan' in Hindi is 'development'? (Specifically fetal brain development if I was told correctly by my brown homeboy)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So let me get this straight... You absolutely rail against people who do work in the industry and claim to have insider info at every turn... And now your defense is 'jokes on you! I don't even have development experience!'.

Brilliant.

Btw is it just a coincidence that the definition of 'Utnayan' in Hindi is 'development'? (Specifically fetal brain development if I was told correctly)
I didn't say I don't have development experience. I said I don't work in the industry.

And that's "UtHAYAN" for the Hindi reference you illiterate Canucks fan. To settle the mystery, I got the name from a random name generator in EQ when I was making a Dark elf Necromancer in 1999. Before that I was known as "The guy that Canadians fear due to an ability to process numbers in written form"

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You are so full of shit I can smell it over the crack fumes coming from Toronto.

Btw nice avatar.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You are so full of shit I can smell it over the crack fumes coming from Toronto.

Btw nice avatar.
I don't even know what it is. A huddle of some sort? Looks like a bunch of people from the Yanomamo tribe getting ready to call a huddle break for a slant route.

Well, at least you are admitting smelling crack fumes. No wonder why you are slow on the uptake.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

By the way, there are Activision/Blizzard offices in Eagan MN... idiot.
That is a fucking sales office, idiot.

They do have a studio in Eden Prairie though... But if you are claiming to work for Acti/Blizz I may just have to find a new pair of pants, because I'm gonna shit my current ones from laughing so hard.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That is a fucking sales office, idiot.
And Eden Prairie is the studio.

Did you drink the poisoned Elsinor beer this year again at Octoberfest?

I'll deal with your Canadian pucker-butt later. I need to go deal with some traffic. It snowed for 4 seconds.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There's nothing to deal with. You've already destroyed any bit of credibility you had in your critiques of Sage & Firor by admitting that you don't even work in the industry, and if you did at any point, it was at some small time MN studio.

Haters gonna hate.

Blackwulf

N00b
No. I would rather call you out though on your "If it's anything like DAOC RvR it's all good with me". I would like to know how you say this when you have already fucking played it.... So you already know it's not. So what is the purpose of that post? You also write for the fan site here, want the hits bnecvause I know what the pay structure will be like when you get hits, and you have avested interest in not pissing off anyone over at Zenimax Online so you can get more access. In other words, you are a shill. A shill with special interests. Possibly even worse.
It was actually pretty close to the feeling I want, but I'm not going to let you bait me into busting the NDA wide open.

PS - I resigned from TESO Junkies a couple weeks ago. My life is pretty busy, and the time I have to devote to gaming, I'd rather be actually gaming or busting some nerd's balls on game forums; I know I'm insane. I think Draegan deserves someone in that position who will really put in some effort.