The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol I have one but I didn't like your list so ill probably just let it rot in my email... That's what happens when you're a Jerk!
But what if three days from now when beta weekend is over you'll wake up and be like "howdy, that Bondurant Sir is a fine lad after all, and his list was a monument of modern comedy, the pinnacle of neo-sarcasm and splendid humour, I really should have known better". You'd better give me an invite now and we'll see on Monday where we'll be about lists.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is the third time I got into beta and the third time my key has been invalid...?

sigh.
Maybe customer support will get to me before the beta is over this time.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
hes not even saying there isn't high level content. just that low level content is often more polished then high level content. And that low level content is often not a good indication of high level content either.
AoC springs to mind as well. Fucking Tortage. How many people got into Tortage and thought to themselves that the game was going to be awesome?

Utnayan, you keep listing your opinions. That's great. We get it.Let the rest of us form our own opinions
...says the biggest shill in the thread.

So, people start calling you out on your batshit crazy ranting, and your response is to try the old shill card again. Cool strategy.
They aren't mutually exclusive, and Utnayan would probably admit that he goes overboard half the time. We've always called him out for going apeshit, just like you've been called out for being a shill for some time now.

Bruman

Golden Squire
...says the biggest shill in the thread.
I can't think of anytime Beo has came around said NO X IS AWESOME, YOU'RE WRONG. Meanwhile, Ut has repeatedly bashed us in the face with NO IT'S SHIT IT'S ABSOLUTE SHIT YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LIKE IT.

That's the difference. And hell, even if Beo has said something like that once or twice, it's still a world of difference between 1 or 2 remarks that noone remembers.

Beo: My opinion is X, your opinion may be Y though.
Ut: Your opinion is Z, and if it's not Z, you're wrong, because it is Z, and you're a shill / Matt Firor in disguise / etc

I just know I'm looking forward to this beta weekend, not to play the game (that I'm actually pretty ambivalent about and more than likely won't buy, unless the maybe 2 hours with the combat system tomorrow really win me over), but because afterwards we can have actual discussion on what people did and didn't like based on first-hand experiences. I suspect it'll be a lot of didn't like, and what few "did like" people get brave enough to post, will be negged and have Ut replying that they're wrong.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How about you fucking morons stop quoting every fucking UT post if he is skull fucking your inner child that badly.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
First weekend where there are 12+ of the guild I belong to will be in testing so this should be moment of truth. My guildmates typically hate everything so I dont expect much.

This is the first time all three factions are playable with their own starting areas enabled far as I know.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
His choice in avatar confirms whatever bullshit you two are arguing about.
I'm not arguing about anything with him. I'm calling his credibility into question. I don't think he's had any since he had a buddy who worked at Sigil in 2006.

There is a good chance that TESO, like all MMOs since WoW, is going to 'suck' and have several major flaws. That doesn't mean he should be allowed to shit all over any discussion in this thread, assaulting people with the same 3 ridiculous arguments ad nauseam.

If his name was qwerty he would have already been RRPed.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
As some one who doesn't follow this game, but is very entertained at the notion of a possible DAOC esqe pvp. Is this game focusing on small scale stuff or focused towards zerg v zerg? I miss 8v8 =<

Barab

As some one who doesn't follow this game, but is very entertained at the notion of a possible DAOC esqe pvp. Is this game focusing on small scale stuff or focused towards zerg v zerg? I miss 8v8 =<
There will always be zergs but the amount of skirmishes I had in the last rvr weekend in Cyrodill was far more consistent than what I would find in wvw gw2. Came across small groups to solo and a few peeps to long strung out lines of enemies trying to get to an objective. No large ass red names seen from miles away either.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
There will always be zergs but the amount of skirmishes I had in the last rvr weekend in Cyrodill was far more consistent than what I would find in wvw gw2. Came across small groups to solo and a few peeps to long strung out lines of enemies trying to get to an objective. No large ass red names seen from miles away either.
Yeah I guess thats true about zergs, just jumped back on gw2 trying to do small skirmishes is almost nil. Do they have AOE CC in ESO? That was about the only way to counter and kill zergs in daoc with small grps. Thanks for the info.

Barab

Yeah I guess thats true about zergs, just jumped back on gw2 trying to do small skirmishes is almost nil. Do they have AOE CC in ESO? That was about the only way to counter and kill zergs in daoc with small grps. Thanks for the info.
There is but honestly man that first weekend was a cluster fuck. It was some great "fog of war" type fighting going on since it was all new, no names over heads of friends or enemies,no organization, more action type slashing and range ie darkfall style. There is CC and methods to break CC. It feels like daoc frontiers. I am just concerned being able to switch campaigns easily or if they allow you to have multiple faction toons in various campaigns that its is going to cheapen the realm experience. From my own experience it felt like darkfall/mount & blade had sex with daoc frontiers and made a baby.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
They aren't mutually exclusive, and Utnayan would probably admit that he goes overboard half the time. We've always called him out for going apeshit, just like you've been called out for being a shill for some time now.
Oh, I totally do. I can go overboard, those posts usually coincide with seeing ridiculous Canadians like Quaid posting here and my brain cannot comprehend how his brain has the capability to send electronic signals to his fingers to type. My brain fries trying to understand how he can defy science, and then I realize he is Canadian, so he isn't human and isn't like the rest of us. Your posts, however, are like the calming waves of my vacation in Playa Del Carmen with my wife and I sucking down fruity drinks and being served fish tacos from our cabana boy Oscar. And then I can rationally think again without the normal distractions.

So with that said, now that I have been calmed by Erronius.

I do not hate Matt Firor. I do not hate Paul Sage. I am sure they are fantastic lovable people, have families, maybe have kids, are good dads, good husbands, who knows. Guess what... That's not what I am talking about. What I am talking about relates to their work in the industry making games.

Paul Sage designs games his way without any input from his team from the top down, demands resources from other teams so his portion of the project goes off without a hitch, and is a drain on the leadership side of the team itself. His employees have no say in the game design, have little input, and therefore have zero ownership. Now, if Paul Sage was a creative and well respected designer, this may be a good thing. However, he isn't. And it isn't a good thing. And the end result is seeing the level 1-17 content be passed over 7 times in 3-4 years resulting in Tortage part 2. Level 17-32 content is still being populated and itemized (World design is fairly complete for everything at this point - world design meaning the landscape) without anything higher level complete. With 5 months to go, * This is NOT GOOD * even if it wasn't a multi-platform launch - which makes it even worse. So to sum up, he is a leadership void within the organization, takes little to zero input from very creative designers he leads, and is fairly unethical from even the Ultima days.

Matt Firor should not be president of a company. He flat out shouldn't. The decisions made to promote Zeb Cook and then Paul Sage over Rich Lambert is a complete travesty. It's why the entire genre is at a stand still as we see it today. I would genuinely be excited to see this game and what it could be with Rich Lambert at the helm. Matt Firor doesn't understand economies of scale, and is NOT a business minded person. His decisions to make this a subscription based model is attrocious, but even more so in the fact he has already allocated resources to not finish the damn game, but to start the process of the Free to Play conversion for the sake of the buck. He is ultimately behind the marketing decisions, using the IP to sell boxes to make TESO look more profitable, and then to switch it into a F2P model in 6 months to make sure the game as a whole is in the black. After, my guess is he won't stay with the organization. In fact, neither will Paul Sage. They will head over to Battlecry and fuck up Fallout Online with Rich Vogel.

This evidence cannot be refuted, it cannot be shunned. The one thing I was initially wrong about was Brian Wheeler. It isn't Brian Wheeler's fault (Wheeler is the PvP lead) when he cannot get resources needed for his scope of the project when Sage cannot keep anyone on track even with his top down design methods and forced down my way or the highway approach to what aren't even game designers anymore, but drones.

If you like it somehow, good for you. For some reason there are people that liked Defiance, still play SWTOR, and even Vanguard.

That doesn't mean this title won't be the next non commercial flop. And what is horrible is this type of development with these types of people continue on, and quite honestly, to the point where a lot of people here don't even give a fuck anymore. That's fucking horrible.

So to recap, I am sure the people outside of the industry are decent enough people. BUt they are fucking cancers inside the industry, and especially inside the MMORPG genre.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
With no diminishing returns CC is retarded.

The F2P is necessary given they are likely concerned over their internal metrics of how many people aren't even bothering making it to level 10 over the weekends or even weeks.

Cash grab on box sales to the ES faithful with f2p because no one plays it after the first week is not only expected but necessary if they want any chance to recoup $$ spent. So they best be ready for it.

Especially when the inevitable "This isn't an elder scrolls" game hit the forums / word of mouth.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
With no diminishing returns CC is retarded.

The F2P is necessary given they are likely concerned over their internal metrics of how many people aren't even bothering making it to level 10 over the weekends.

Cash grab on box sales to the ES faithful with f2p because no one plays it after the first month is not only expected but necessary if they want any chance to recoup $$ spent.

Especially when the inevitable "This isn't an elder scrolls" game hit the forums / word of mouth.
^^ Completely understand why they are doing it. I am glad we agree. I just wish it wouldn't sell at all, because then Firor and Sage wouldn't be able to talk their way out of their failure and we could replace them with some folks that aren't horrible game designers/presidents. At this point, I think you will agree, the consumer suffers while these people try to save their jobs which they shouldn't have had anyway - and this product is direct proof of that.