The Elder Scrolls Online

I also agree, AE with no caps is one way to deal with it so long as it doesn't turn into a BW insta gib on some narrow stair way up to the lord's room.
A potential drawback to AE damage is it pretty much forces AE healing? Yeah BW/Sorc AE damage was ridiculous but it could be countered by equally ridiculous WP/DoK AE heals. Imagine how even more OP Bright Wizards would have been if only single target heals existed...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Everything in between is there as well.

Ebon Heart and Daggerfall are mostly done at this point.
When did this go passed internal?

I'll have to log in again. It must have been recently.

If that is the case they should be artificially bumping weekend beta characters to 25 so they can blow through some bugs under stress.

But that would make sense.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
When did this go passed internal?

I'll have to log in again. It must have been recently.

If that is the case they should be artificially bumping weekend beta characters to 25 so they can blow through some bugs under stress.

But that would make sense.
Early Oct. Some groups can make those and at a variety of ranges.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
How feasible is it to say have a heavy tank sorceror ? Thinking of making an orc one but unsure of what talent choices there are.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How feasible is it to say have a heavy tank sorceror ? Thinking of making an orc one but unsure of what talent choices there are.
You are going to be playing Solo to 17. Without a lot of talents that mean anything. It won't matter. Log in and play anything.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone else getting blocked at the loading world list part? I'm assuming it's clogged with people attempting to log in.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I can't get through. Well I did for like 2 minutes and got booted out of character creation before I could do anything heh.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
This game is * NOTHING * like the games you mentioned. And for you idiots that think I just sit here and bash the game, that post directly above me is why. The viral bullshit this thread has seen thus far has done nothing but spread mass confusion to sell boxes. When that bullshit stops and this game gets talked about the way it should be, I'll quiet down a bit. Until then, the entire marketing spin of this is a complete sham, and good posters here deserve to know the fucking truth.

And yes Astral, you are correct. What happened here is that Paul Sage was given 3 years, most of the assets, and then went top down crazy on his team after he was promoted to replace Zeb Cook, in which that promotion went to the wrong person. The end result is PvP was literally 2 guys for 4 years and is only being developed now, the 35-50 game isn't complete, and the 25-35 just entered F&F Beta and is a fucking mess. Yes, combine that with a hard launch date in 5 months which ZM has passed down, and you have yourself a game in which the 1-17 game they are showing is to try and hype folks up, because that is all they have to show. The 1-17 game is still very mediocre even after 7 passes. (Yes, seven passes).

In the end, this game is nothing like Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim - but that won't stop them from trying to pitch it that way because eveyrone on this team from the top down knows all they are doing now is getting a shipped title on their resume so they can get the fuck out. Christ, about 65% of this team is already queued to move to Battlecry and work for Vogel. And it can all start over again. Seriously.

When there is a game discuss, go nuts and discuss it. Until then the entire thing is one giant smokescreen to fool the masses into buying a box because it says elder scrolls on it.
You know, Ut, people would love you if you just wrote an occasional post like this that summarizes YOUR observations on the game. This pretty much sums up everything you've been trying to tell us in 400+ posts in this thread alone. Keep it brief and simple instead of constantly yelling at people that frequent a forum that's just not as mainstream anymore.

I don't think many people here are buying the "hype" that you claim has been in this thread. Some people are just curious to play something new, even if it will be shit. Others just want to throw their money at Bethesda after enjoying the past several releases they have come to know and love.

As for me, I can't log in yet, because of the 301 error.

Collision detection would also be good to combat zergs. Get rid of stacking that way. Yes to no AE cap, if anything have the AE get stronger with the more people it hits.
Are you saying this game will be like Shadowbane? Uh oh!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
You'd think that since they were smart enough to go with a single server infrastructure they'd be smart enough to know how to load test said infrastructure.

NOPE.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
The create button isn't working I guess. After getting kicked off the character screen twice I said fuck it and just mashed create once I got back...and nothing happens.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The create button is working, it's just not dropping you to the char select screen (or entering the game) after creation.

Eventually you'll get name in use errors. Once you hit that point, keep trying to log in and eventually you'll get to character select. Then you get to see 'requesting character load' errors.