The Elder Scrolls Online

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, at least ToR might get a small reprieve for biggest disappointment once this shitty thing hits the masses. I passed up testing this time to go out of town to visit friends. Good call on my part.

Blackwulf

N00b
Going back and reading the utter shit that people like Blackwulf were posting is good comedy now. Seriously. Not to say that people weren't calling out the bullshit as it was being spewed, but it looks all the more hilarious in the context of this weekend. All the astroturfing in the world can't undo the damage the last 24 hours has done to this turd of a game.
Haha, well this has been eye opening to me for sure - I thought I had a lot more in common with the majority of people on this board, but I must be wrong. I actually think the game is decent. I have some major complaints, don't get me wrong, but I suppose I better not get into specifics what with the NDA up still. If they can fix a few things, I'll probably still buy and play, but some little things (okay I gotta say one: UI being dumbed down to Skyrim levels is retarded in an MMO) might be deal breakers for me. I suppose it will depend on how much can actually be done with LUA mods.

Anyway, yeah, I think maybe my tastes just don't fit in around here anymore. Judging from the excitement around things like voxels and fucking wildstar, I'm either doomed to always like an MMO that only a few people really like (hence it won't succeed long term), or I'm just going to have to face the fact that MMO's aren't where it's at for me anymore.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I started following FOH during Vanguard development I think. Yeah... I think I spent my forum time over on VNBoards prior to that.
Go back there. You are a bullshit con artist and you do not belong with decent posters here that speak the truth.

Fuck off back to wherever it is you came from - which would be the spawn of a viral marketing department to offset your teaching pay grade. The proof is out now. In fucking droves.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ut it's just a beta, the broken <everything> doesn't matter and will get fixed. People like you don't belong in the beta. It's not just a free demo, why aren't you helping make it better by finding bugs? Go back to wow you casual.

Zone chat in this "game" is truly something to behold.

Blackwulf

N00b
Go back there. You are a bullshit con artist and you do not belong with decent posters here that speak the truth.

Fuck off back to wherever it is you came from - which would be the spawn of a viral marketing department to offset your teaching pay grade. The proof is out now. In fucking droves.
You're cute, dude. I'm not a fucking con artist; do you know what that is? I've said, from day fucking one, that people should try it and make their own decision. How is that conning people? I stand by what I've said, all-a-fucking long, that I consider DAOC the pinnacle of mmo games, and if cyrodiil is good I'll still be buying this game. How is that a con? I've never lied about my views or my motivations.

Fuck straight off, you goddamn downsy dipshit.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think that's the chat in every 'other' MMO but WoW since 2005 though, certainly was in GW2 and TOR when they released.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ut it's just a beta, the broken <everything> doesn't matter and will get fixed. People like you don't belong in the beta. It's not just a free demo, why aren't you helping make it better by finding bugs? Go back to wow you casual.

Zone chat in this "game" is truly something to behold.
I love you.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You're cute, dude. I'm not a fucking con artist; do you know what that is? I've said, from day fucking one, that people should try it and make their own decision. How is that conning people? I stand by what I've said, all-a-fucking long, that I consider DAOC the pinnacle of mmo games, and if cyrodiil is good I'll still be buying this game. How is that a con? I've never lied about my views or my motivations.

Fuck straight off, you goddamn downsy dipshit.
Do you teach your English students how to invade decent forums for the sake of viral marketing and use it as a learning tool on how to write?

Wait, why aren't you playing this glorious pile of shit in the making? Quit posting and back to the breach old chap! You need to findsomethingworthwhile to write about here. I am laughing at your stupidity thinking you are grasping on to that one last straw of PvP to sell the game to your target market.

1) I was right about this pile of shit from the beginning and I told you so.
2) Cyrodill is a thousand times worse than what you have seen thus far.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

spronk

FPS noob
loving the genius who decided alt should be the cancel button during login, so alt-tabbing while login is happening cancels login

old MMO chat troll: "this game is alright, it reminds me a lot of wow, the first MMO ever made"
new MMO chat troll? "do you guys think Justin Bieber will like this game, his support of dota2 made it popular and he just tweeted he loves skyrim and TESO"

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, it is different, I'll give it that. I guess I can't go into specifics but the guys comparing it to Vanguard, yes, I think those are painfully accurate representations of the experience. I feel obligated to do my beta duty and play as I can this weekend and report shit, all that jazz, but I know that will mean nothing. Some things are just meant to stay single player, I guess. Ah, well. Perhaps Wildstar will be the droid we are all looking for!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really don't follow any other gaming message boards, is the response here the standard everywhere?

Blackwulf

N00b
1) I was right about this pile of shit from the beginning and I told you so.
2) Cyrodill is a thousand times worse than what you have seen thus far.

Don't go away mad, just go away.
I'm not going anywhere, yet, sweetheart. I'm looking forward to the NDA drop so we can talk more openly about what is good and what is bad. I'm interested to see how future betas shape up - are they going to listen to some of the feedback? Are they going to bite the bullet and delay release to fix some of the bigger issues?

I'm not quite ready to give you a concession on #1, and I already know what Cyrodiil is like, and I disagree with you. However:

If they don't address some of the issues that I have with the game before release, I will pan it, and I'll do so openly, BEFORE it goes on sale.

How does that make me a shill or con artist? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few more months, though, and see how it really shapes up. A lot can change in 5 months (assuming a late spring release.) There really ARE redeeming qualities, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the really time consuming things already done?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm not going anywhere, yet, sweetheart. I'm looking forward to the NDA drop so we can talk more openly about what is good and what is bad.
We are talking about it right nowand no one gives a shit about the NDA across 453 internet gaming forumsyou fucking twit!

Abe: Yes. Horrid. Even the SA forums, who loves every game, is going apeshit. Here are some snippets so you can see them.

Welp, i've played for about an hour and while there might some amazing shit just over the horizon, I am so bored that I just can't make myself play this game any more. The movement is slidy and awful, the combat has no impact at all, and is awful, the character models are from eq2, and all of the skills (at least for the NB) are terrible.
know it's a beta, but I laughed out loud when the Redguard zone thief started talking and sounded like Solid Snake.

Then switches to Microsoft Sam for another part of his dialogue.

Then sounds like Solid Snake again afterwards, and continuously hits on my character. It was hilariously jarring.
In its current state this game is terrible. The combat feels flimsy and the world is not immersive at all. Last two mmos I've played are ffxiv ar and gw2, and enjoyed both immediately upon playing. This game, it just makes me bored and frustrated. I can't believe what a total steaming pile of shit it is. Disgusting.
The tragedy of TESO is that there will never be a mod to fix all the poor design decisions and let you see what's worth seeing without wanting to shoot yourself

I think this is the worst 'major' MMO I've ever played in any form of beta or launch or anything. It's ugly, the UI is terrible, the combat can't decide if it wants to be a hotbar mmo or an elder scrolls style game so instead it just combines both into a really fucking clunky terrible mess, questing is shitty, exploring is even more shitty because there's hundreds of people everywhere and every chest is looted and every enemy is dead because for some reason they decided to make nothing instanced.

I literally cannot comprehend how anyone here can be pleasantly surprised by this, since I was basically expecting it to be terrible and it's actually way way worse than I expected. Like I don't even know what feedback I could give the developers beyond maybe "scrap the whole thing and find a new job" because holy shit is it awful.
Well I was hoping the main storyline would at least feel like a single player ES game but I guess not. Between that and the weird combat I don't really like this game. I could get over the animations it's just the combat
My biggest problem is the animations and combat. Just like everyone has been saying. Everything else is mediocre (the skills, play anything you want type thing) to great (graphics...and...uh...)

I' wondering if the devs are even aware that the majority of people don't like the animations/combat in this game.
I am absolutely certain that they are aware of the popular perception of this game and its problems; in fact, every complaint that comes out of these laughable beta tests has probably been anticipated many times over within the studio. But a. the sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a drug, and b. a lot of surely lovely people are collecting paychecks from cranking out 'bring vecna 6 cliff racer hides' quests, so why rock the boat too much?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So is this game in the running to take the top honors for taking a famous/ successful IP and ruining it in mmo form ?
Ahead of WAR and SWTOR ?

Also if this is the "polished" part - how horrific is it past 17 ?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I'm interested to see how future betas shape up - are they going to listen to some of the feedback? Are they going to bite the bullet and delay release to fix some of the bigger issues?
They haven't listened yet, so why you would question whether it will happen this close to launch just baffles me.