The Elder Scrolls Online

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I thought there was a first person option. Is that not true? Or does it suck?
I've been playing it in 1st person since the start. It's definitely not as immersive as previous TES games but I think i like it more than 3rd person. That's mostly because of everybody complaining that the game feels too "floaty" and that you don't feel impacts or feel any weight in your character's movements. For the most part combat feels like pretty empty hack-and-slash, except Gauntlet Legends from like 15 years ago is more satisfying in that regard.

QUESTION - If i only unlock 1 class skill tree with the first point, will that one skill level EXP faster because it's the only one unlocked? Or will skill tree EXP at the same rate regardless?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I said my peace about this game months ago when I played it and then bowed out of the thread as I didn't feel the need to repeat myself. Glad to see everyone else verify all things things I already said back then.

Crell_sl

shitlord
If this game gets a ton of polish done to it, it could work out to be ok. Combat is terrible, servers suck, and it's just all around buggy. It does have a nice atmosphere, and the VAs are great like always. I just can't see it being a solid game right now when it gets released.

Really just can't get over how bad combat is. 1'st person is almost a must.

edit: I will add that graphicly the game runs great, even on my ancient PC. So that's a plus,.. I guess.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Well, I'm sure as heck not gonna try to change people's minds - at least you saw for yourselves. I'm either not as picky as some of you, or just a matter of taste, I dunno. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Some things are pissing me off (nameplates would be nice, for fucks sake), and obviously little bugs and server things. I'm definitely gonna stick out to level 10 and spend some time in Cyrodiil; I wanna see what's changed.
i know it's hard after 370 of your posts have been white knighting for this shit fest, but it's over. the game sucks, you know it does, just stop it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I said my peace about this game months ago when I played it and then bowed out of the thread as I didn't feel the need to repeat myself. Glad to see everyone else verify all things things I already said back then.
I want to face palm everytime anyone posts about how it will be good. And have been for the last year. Yes. Validation. Sorry. Unlike with vanguard, I will tell everyone. I fucking told you so.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
How does that blind dude run so fast?

Good thing they put all these empty chests and urn around. Unless it's FFA looting which is an even worse idea.

Does it really "pause" the game when I open up the inventory/character/OPTIONS screen?

I think I'm fighting this guy but in the third person it kind of just looks like we're rubbing our chests together.

Oh good, there's a first person mode.

That will be awful for pvp which is their endgame content right? Good thing I can turn with A and D.

Good, the game crashed right as I opened the options screen to log out.

Crell_sl

shitlord
I want to face palm everytime anyone posts about how it will be good. And have been for the last year. Yes. Validation. Sorry. Unlike with vanguard, I will tell everyone. I fucking told you so.
Maybe if they pulled their heads out of their asses they could pull this off to be a decent game. The background for it is there, but right now it's just a giant clusterfuck. And I highly doubt they will make it something decent. Push a playable game, bring in box sales because of the IP, then vaporware after 6 months.

Unless they do a FFXIV thing, and revamp the entire thing after a year.. Honestly playing this beta just makes me want to go play Skrim. If I want to jump into Tamriel, I might as well do that.

Jesus tittyfucking christ this game is terrible. No amount of polish can save this shit. At this point I am only logging in to laugh my ass of at the absurd amount of fanboyism in zone chat.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Maybe it will get really good if everyone gives them 15 bucks a month for a couple years?

I smell an Alganon online killer...

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume they made improvements over that time. So your impressions from back then do not count as much as those of the people playing now.

Unfortunately, most people playing now still have a negative impression of the game. That isn't enough to sway me from not trying it (for reasons I stated earlier), but it is enough to make me wary.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I love pc games optimized for consoles. Seriously i hope they get aids and die.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You're only let down if you actually thought this shit had a chance to begin with. Only the super die hards that buy anything elder scrolls will be giving these guys their money.