The Elder Scrolls Online

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Ok, how about this

The game sucks because it isn'tfun

The combat is awful
The animations are awful (they game is far along enough that it won't be fixed by release)
The story is awful.

Yeah, the combat is close to ES, but combat has always been a second banana to actual story telling in the elder scrolls stories. I'm given no initiative in the opening level besides "I'm in hell and I don't want to be here." Once I get out I'm given no closer except that a hologram tells me I'm special. Then I see 15 cats and dark elves run by calling each other faggots. If I'm not havingfunin the first couple hours then what's my initiative to shell out 60 bucks and then an additional 15 a month for content that they have shown absolutely jack shit about minus PVP which would be terrible because, idem, the combat is awful.

There's really no defense for this shotty kind of game design besides that you love Tamreil. In which case, sure, fork over your money. I don't care.

I'm sure a few amount of people find trying to get the ball into the wooden cup is a load of fun, but the vast majority will be over here if you need us.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No he hasn't. I'm not sure if you just weren't around for any of it on FOH, or if you just have thin skin or something, but his posts in here aren't remotely"full bore psycho hating". On the classic 'Utnayan' scale they're maybe a 2 or a 3 out of 10. Emphasis on 'maybe'.

'Full bore psycho hating'would be Utnayan derailing multiple 38S threads in succession, insulting Curt's kid ('nuff said) and ending up making people think that he and Curt Schilling were going to meet up somewhere and duke it out. All while just about EVERYONE demanded someone do something because those threads kept melting down and eventually (EVENTUALLY) he got banned.

Thought you meant hooker at first, but then both work LOL.
I know full well the history of Utnayen, I was a member on FoH before Vanguard, and a lurker from Furor's days, just didn't post until a year or so before we came over here.

And yes he has gone full bore psycho on this game. He has almost 500 posts in this thread (probably more by now). And almost all of them over the top hate filled diatribes against the devs for reasons we still don't know. What the fuck else to you call it?

I like Utnayan, and have a healthy respect for him. When he isn't off the rails he makes a ton of sense. If you had ever read any of my discussions with him then you would know that. But instead you went full bore psycho with your preconcieved bigotted comments against me. Probably because of other threads I have posted in.

Leave your preconceptions at the door. Then you might sound a little more intelligent. So with that thought in mind, why don't you reread my post and say something not so ignorant.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this thread. Sorry to the rest of you for that, but I had to respond to Erronius for being erroneous.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
And yes he has gone full bore psycho on this game. He has almost 500 posts in this thread (probably more by now). And almost all of them over the top hate filled diatribes against the devs for reasons we still don't know. What the fuck else to you call it?
I'm starting to wonder if you're just salty that he called you out in this thread and now you have an axe to grind.

But instead you went full bore psycho with your preconcieved bigotted comments against me. Probably because of other threads I have posted in.
HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_xlarge.jpeg

That is some Jerle level shit right there, LOL.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm starting to wonder if you're just salty that he called you out in this thread and now you have an axe to grind.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_xlarge.jpeg

That is some Jerle level shit right there, LOL.
WTF are you talking about? That has never happened. You can ask him yourself idiot. We have a healthy level of respect for each other. He knows what I'm talking about. Apparently you don't.

F'ing moron. Stop trying to troll the thread with shit you don't know anything about.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Skyrim not having targeted combat alone separates them by an uncrossable chasm that doesn't need set classes, cooldowns or non-combat NPCs to throw out the idea of TESO being a multiplayer skyrim.

The reason your summation is so disagreeable is because many TES fans wanted a multiplayer skyrim and instead we got a poorly implemented TES:TOR.
well said sir.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
People are dicks to each other on the internet. People are dicks to each other in a post-apocalyptic setting where resources are scarce.

They chose the wrong IP to turn into an MMO. Standard internet behavior would have fit in perfectly with a sandbox FFA Fallout MMO.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
WTF are you talking about? That has never happened. You can ask him yourself idiot. We have a healthy level of respect for each other. He knows what I'm talking about. Apparently you don't.

F'ing moron. Stop trying to troll the thread with shit you don't know anything about.
Christ on a crutch, and you were just accusing both Ut and I of going "full bore psycho" and you just lost it yourself, LOL.

I remember you and him going at it over any number of topics, though it's possible that it was more genial than it seemed. I've kept up on the entire thread, though to be fair given the length and timespan it's hard to stay up on it 100%. Though you and Dragen going at it tooth and claw on a regular basis was lulzy.

Leave your preconceptions at the door. Then you might sound a little more intelligent. So with that thought in mind, why don't you reread my post and say something not so ignorant.
I've read it several times and I still think that you're losing your collective shit and overreacting. I still say that you're wrong on Ut, but keep going apeshit over something incredibly minor LOL.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are dicks to each other on the internet. People are dicks to each other in a post-apocalyptic setting where resources are scarce.

They chose the wrong IP to turn into an MMO. Standard internet behavior would have fit in perfectly with a sandbox FFA Fallout MMO.
LOL, I claim the FoH/Rerolled IP.... kickstarter to be up shortly. Send money.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Christ on a crutch, and you were just accusing both Ut and I of going "full bore psycho" and you just lost it yourself, LOL.

I remember you and him going at it over any number of topics, though it's possible that it was more genial than it seemed. I've kept up on the entire thread, though to be fair given the length and timespan it's hard to stay up on it 100%. Though you and Dragen going at it tooth and claw on a regular basis was lulzy.

I've read it several times and I still think that you're losing your collective shit and overreacting. I still say that you're wrong on Ut, but keep going apeshit over something incredibly minor LOL.
Look, stop with your stupidity and go reread some of our discussions before spouting off on things you have no knowledge of. You jumped the gun and now you are trying to back pedal.

Anyways, I don't want to have a back and forth here. That's for the general forums like politics. I don't want to be a part of a spat in the games forums. Hate to read it, and it sucks to be in one.

So if you want to continue this, send me a pm.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I don't have beta. Call me cynical but Ithinkthe devs have got something to hide with the extremely prohibitive NDA
/sarcasm

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Preview: The Lawyer-Friendly Version

This weekend ZeniMax is hosting a beta test for Elder Scrolls Online. You might be wondering why there are no previews to be found. It's because the testers aren't allowed to say anything.

The Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) for ESO's beta forbids participants from releasing any screenshots or video from the test. They also can't release any information about the "software, software code, designs, graphics, rules, playing strategies, artwork, visual depictions, plot, theme, settings, characters, characterizations, skills, emails, screenshots, marketing emails, marketing and promotional plans, current, future or proposed products or services of ZeniMax, written or printed documents, announcements or prereleases, product samples, artwork, graphics, promotional and/or marketing items), the Beta Trial forums and other private ZeniMax forums, business and/or trade secrets, testing protocols, processes, and standards relating to the Game and/or associated products or services of ZeniMax."

In fact, testers can't even reveal that they're part of the beta test without potential legal consequences. Asking a gamer to describe the beta version of Elder Scrolls Online without including any information about the game AND without revealing that they're in the beta test in the first place sounds impossible. However, it's not impossible for Umberto Fakeington III, our resident imaginary writer. Take it away, Umberto!

'Thanks, Pete. I logged a few hours of Elder Scrolls Online this weekend and have nothing but ______ things to say. As the first project from an untested studio, ESO has its share of skeptics. I can say with absolutely certainty that the doubters were proven _______.

It all begins with the character creator. Within minutes I was able to build a _______ ________ that's every bit as detailed and lifelike as my character from ___________. There's a long list of _______ and _______ to choose from in building a character. I was never _______ with the myriad of options, though.

My newly minted character awoke in a ______ __________. He was approached by a _________ who __________ _____________ __________ __________. Then the _______ and we ________ alongside __________ ________. I was immediately ________ by the _________. This is storytelling at its __________.

But what really struck me was how ________ everything was. _______ _____ the _________ _________ and ___________. _________ _________ __________ but __________ ______. Clearly _______ _______ ______ _______. ______ _____ ______ _______ __ ________. _______ _______ ______, you know?

_____ __ ________ ____ ______________. ____ _____ _____? _____. ____________ ___ _______ _________. ______ can of Old Milwaukee _________ _____. ______ ____ ____ ______, _______. _____ __ _______ - ___ ______ _____. ____ ___ _____. Frankly: ____.

______ ______ ____ __________ haberdasher __________ __ _____. _____ ______ __ _______ _____ ______ _____ ______ ___ __________. ___ ____ _______. As Mark Twain once said ____ ______ ___________. strumpet ______ _____ __ _______. _____ _________ ____ _______________. ______ ___ ___________ ____. ____ _______ __ _______!

It all reminds me of ___________ ______. _____________ _______ ______ ______ ___. __________ ___ ______ ____?! _____ ____ ___ ____________. _______. ____ __________ __ ________. _____ _____ ______. Long story short, I'm never eating broccolini again.

You can relive my journey through ______ in the screenshots below. Your own adventure will begin in ______ when ESO launches on the PC, Mac, PS4 and ____.'

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Look, stop with your stupidity and go reread some of our discussions before spouting off on things you have no knowledge of. You jumped the gun and now you are trying to back pedal.
I've read them before and I'm reading them again now (ugh). And I didn't jump the gun nor am I trying to backpedal, you were wrong about Ut and it still sounds like you have an axe to grind. Unless you have some other explanation for it.

Anyways, I don't want to have a back and forth here. That's for the general forums like politics. I don't want to be a part of a spat in the games forums. Hate to read it, and it sucks to be in one.
Says the guy that flipped his shit and is now trying to walk it back. Thanks for the neg though, LOL.

So if you want to continue this, send me a pm.
Who is trying to backpeddle now by trying to run to PMs?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is it true that you run around picking up actual Elder Scrolls; as some sort of upgrade item?

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I want to like it, as I'm jonesing for a MMO, but I'm having great difficulties. I could forgive a lot if the PVP/end game was superior, but such hopes seem dubious or unrealistic.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to like it, as I'm jonesing for a MMO, but I'm having great difficulties. I could forgive a lot if the PVP/end game was superior, but such hopes seem dubious or unrealistic.
Do they have any of the 3 way PvP systems in place for the beta? If that breaks the NDA then forget I asked.

If those work that would go a long way to forgiving the other areas of the game so many here dislike.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Not defending TESO, I haven't played it yet. But hyperbole like yours is standard for this board for almost every mmo. And yet, not every mmo is the worst mmo of all time.
Yeah. You're full of shit. This board is actually pretty spot on for most MMOs that come out. Maybe you lack the reading comprehension to realize it, but the level of criticism thrown at every MMO is relatively varied. FFXIV was one of the best received MMOs on here that had so much praiseit got its own fucking sub forumfor it. GW2 had mixed praise that accurately described its shortcomings, TERA had tons of praise for its combat (but again, criticism on its significant shortcomings), and even SWTOR despite its numerous issues had plenty of people giving it some props for the leveling experience.

This game? TESO? There's absolutely no praise to be had for the game because it is a TREMENDOUS turd. There are no redeeming parts to the game because it's one of the shittiest MMOs to come out in the past 8 years. Feel free to deflect criticism on it saying "LOL U GUYS HATE EVERY MMO", but any sort of analysis of the other listed games illuminates just how full of shit your post just now really was.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
why would pvp matter with an ES combat system? character movement/control/targetting is much like playing a console shooter with boxing gloves on.