The Elder Scrolls Online

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
pvp in eq2 was damn good when it launched, i had the best pvp of my gaming life.. The did put in quite a bit of effort with the pvp-versions of items but it really was a pvE game no ?
Lol sorry no, it was the most twitchy pvp I have ever seen I logged into a battleground and couldnt stop laughing at how bad it was.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Asked on SA, asking here: For the guys in - is bow combat improved? Does the bow comat have a TES feel to it, or is it still that disjointed mess of 'what the hell is happening' that it was last beta?

If it's improved, I might bother to reinstall.

spronk

FPS noob
not a great start, created a character, got him into the prison room, went afk to walk dog, came back and game has crashed. oh well. gonna try and power through a few hours today morning just to see how much i can stomach, wish me luck.

stress chars are all erased as far as I can tell, I will miss my level 4 snake guy. screens still have a watermark, with your login name now instead of a number. game does seem a lot more polished though so far, I deliberately re-rolled away from ranger though because like you saw, the bow combat was utterly abysmal last stress test.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Asked on SA, asking here: For the guys in - is bow combat improved? Does the bow comat have a TES feel to it, or is it still that disjointed mess of 'what the hell is happening' that it was last beta?

If it's improved, I might bother to reinstall.
How exactly do you want it to be different? Having arrows be an actual projectile that then needs arc/collision detection and specialized netcode/host state rewind for hit detection doesn't seem like something they're going to add at this stage of the game.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Bleh...you guys were right.

This game is missing something..only 1 hour in atm , maybe endgame is better?

spronk

FPS noob
here are 2 more no clue if they will work no you cant get the email they got sent to if they don't work for ya well that sucks

5T7JCWJF5HTH36GGKE7C
56L4REDPXAM6JDKW9FJJ

it is definitely a better game than last stress test but still after an hour i was bored and went to watch the daily show, gonna force myself to keep playing because you have to fight through the pain to win, ya know

Nija

<Silver Donator>
At this point I'd like to see a return to non-forced-faction PVP. In other words, free for all pvp. Let people choose from a few NPC factions to represent or form guilds and alliances and go to war.

Essentially I'd like to see a Shadowbane-like game without the amazingly buggy client and the horrid click-to-move system. Something like normal WASD controls, projectiles that can be manually aimed and evaded, friendly fire, resource control, finite resources, and player/faction/clan housing.

And I'd like a pony.

Bruman

Golden Squire
How exactly do you want it to be different? Having arrows be an actual projectile that then needs arc/collision detection and specialized netcode/host state rewind for hit detection doesn't seem like something they're going to add at this stage of the game.
I expect that when I click the mouse, that it loads the arrow. As I hold the button, it starts pulling it back for a more powerful attack, until it's all the way back. Then I can release when I want, and the mob takes damage.

Instead what happened was, I'd click the mouse and Game.Random(); would happen. Sometimes it would kinda maybe happen like I listed above. Sometimes I could click kind of fast, which should just end up with nothing happening since I haven't even loaded the bow, but instead it'd go ahead and fire it. Sometimes I'd get a powered up shot. Sometimes I wouldn't. Sometimes I wouldn't even know if I had shot an arrow.

It so so fucking unresponsive and the animations were so out of place, that I really could not tell most of the time what was going on.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Lol sorry no, it was the most twitchy pvp I have ever seen I logged into a battleground and couldnt stop laughing at how bad it was.
If you logged into a battleground, then you weren't playing EQ2 pvp at launch. At launch the pvp WAS actually really fun