The Elder Scrolls Online

Oh, I don't hate Wonder Woman
smile.png
I just fail to see how Lynda Carter is renown. She was awesome as Wonder Woman
smile.png
It's a great voice cast and you know it. Say something nice!

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are just throwing money away now
Just saw that article. Man, didn't anyone learn from SWTOR expensive voice-over debacle?
Ah well, I guess when they go F2P and rake in the $$ from unlocks of quest items / ability bars & they'll be just fine. Thats the new model right?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's a great voice cast and you know it. Say something nice!
Sure. Too bad the game is shit?

Voice acting doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to me when combat is so unresponsive and broken/disjointed I won't be in the game for 50 minutes to hear any of it.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Not sure Wildstar is that close to release and the beta is much bigger and is ongoing for Wildstar. I know at least 5 people who post here that are in it and are generally positive. Last I heard they had exposed up to about level 35 with all fundamental game systems in.

edit oh man and thanks for reminding me what happened in AoC when we finished the solo levels. That's another great example of...if the company is not showing it, it doesn't exist.

edit2 I don't mind Ut. I think most long time readers filter his argument methods to get to the essence of what he is saying. He is, unfortunately, more often right than wrong...but seriously...hating on Wonder Woman? What is wrong with the man???
Wildstar already missed it's initial release date. Last I checked it was listed as spring <March to May>, which is pretty much the same as TESO. Wildstar's big selling point is it's endgame <I refuse to use elder game..>,but I have yet to talk to anyone who has actually played it. I've played their weekends and outside of it giving me carpal tunnel, the game was mildly fun, but fairly in the TESO category of being mediocre and not very appealing.

My guess is the voice acting for TESO will be similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, which was fine. As long as they don't go crazy a la EQ2 or SWTOR, I'm cool with that.

Is that a recent pic of Lynda Carter? Last time I saw her was Super Troopers and she was looking pretty good there. Nice genes! Still hittable at what, 65?

Wildstar already missed it's initial release date. Last I checked it was listed as spring <March to May>, which is pretty much the same as TESO. Wildstar's big selling point is it's endgame <I refuse to use elder game..>,but I have yet to talk to anyone who has actually played it. I've played their weekends and outside of it giving me carpal tunnel, the game was mildly fun, but fairly in the TESO category of being mediocre and not very appealing.

My guess is the voice acting for TESO will be similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, which was fine. As long as they don't go crazy a la EQ2 or SWTOR, I'm cool with that.

Is that a recent pic of Lynda Carter? Last time I saw her was Super Troopers and she was looking pretty good there. Nice genes! Still hittable at what, 65?
The next big patch in February unlocks 1-50, warplots and raid testing for WildStar.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The next big patch in February unlocks 1-50, warplots and raid testing for WildStar.
Cool, thanks for the information. So as a comparison if TESO does something similar, then they are pretty much in line with their release competition.

I'd like to play TESO again and see if the experience is any better. My first go round left a very bad taste in my mouth, but the videos and information are very appealing. It might be a snow job, but like AOC the foundation for a good game is there if they can polish it and fix the 800 pound gorilla: combat feel.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Waht is there actually to learn? That SWTOR is still making money? $139 million just from cash shop last year.
Yeah that free to play system and the cartel packs is a cash windfall. SWTOR turned a profit.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
edit2 I don't mind Ut. I think most long time readers filter his argument methods to get to the essence of what he is saying.He is, unfortunately, more often right than wrong...but seriously...hating on Wonder Woman? What is wrong with the man???
Why do people keep saying this? Who hasn't predicted that every MMO since WoW will be bad and fail?

Sure. Too bad the game is shit?

Voice acting doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to me when combat is so unresponsive and broken/disjointed I won't be in the game for 50 minutes to hear any of it.
Now I feel like your specially assigned teacher... now now you didn't even try! I know you can do better than that!

Environmental graphics are great when cranked.
Skill system is at least interesting.
Some of the architecture is nice
It has a wonderful history and lore to draw on

Um that's what I got! You gotta be able to agree with some of that Ut!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Now I feel like your specially assigned teacher... now now you didn't even try! I know you can do better than that!

Environmental graphics are great when cranked.
Skill system is at least interesting.
Some of the architecture is nice
It has a wonderful history and lore to draw on

Um that's what I got! You gotta be able to agree with some of that Ut!
* The environment graphics look just like SWTOR Environments when "Cranked". Some are decent, some are passable, a few good, and a few horrible. There is nothing ground breaking here. At all. So far I think one of the best environments I have seen to date would be Alderaan in SWTOR. But probably only because I am partial to the Rocky Mountains and that area reminded me of it. Other than that this is all subjective. Below, isn't.

* The skill system is bloated nonsense post level 21. Which you haven't seen yet.

* You mean little statues everywhere? You are seeing the early game. Paul Sage had 90% of the resources for 3 years. At that point you better see a little statue here and there.

* It has a wonderful history and lore to draw on and then doesn't draw on any of it. The lead Lore creator is a guy that designed Zaxxon and is living his own legacy of being an AD&D module designer. When TES Blackmarsh comes out, it will all be based as Canon faster than Bioware snubbed KOTOR 2, will have zero relevance, and we can get back to the true lore settings.

Looks like I agreed with about 5%. Are you in the closed beta? Have you played through that?

Looks like I agreed with about 5%. Are you in the closed beta? Have you played through that?
Woot 5%!! We agree!

Sigh... I am not in the ongoing closed beta. What you are describing is not good at all. Games can recover from being unfinished. It's tough to recover from developer dysfunction.

(Also, I liked KotOR 2)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Someone posted a graphic over in the TOR thread. It was #8 on the list of top FTP earnings last year, tied with TF2.
Surprised the shit out of me as well. Thats why I posted it.

But lets get real here, that game could of been so much more if they just cut those voices even by 1/2 and focused on the game. One of the devs of SWTOR, a lead artist used to post on SA and he basically said the same thing. They just went nuts with the voice and story and forgot about the rest of the game.

A bit of voice sprinkled here and there is a nice touch. But you definitely dont need to voice over the entire fucking game like SWTOR did.(with top paid professional voice actors to boot!) Thats an insane waste of money.