The Elder Scrolls Online

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If I stop playing it, I'll stop posting about it, sure. It's what normal people do.

Yay, let's all just wait and see, and no one have an opinion! Makes for a really fun discussion forum. Your fence riding skills make Canada proud.

Now fuck off until something interesting happens - I'm out, sons!
Your ESO dick riding skills do Jenna Jameson proud. Everything I heard and or seen about this game is not as bad as Ut says it is nor is as great as fanboi shill faggots such as yourself say it is. Drum Roll please

It's MEDIOCRE just like every MMO released in the last fucking 5 to 8 years some good ideas that were poorly implemented that blizzard will steal some half baked shit that makes you go what the fuck it. But it won't make you forget DAOC fuck it won't even make you forget it mediocre cousin Warhammer.

It's the same fucking game we have seen for years just with an ESO skin playing it safe enough to sell boxes and juice 3 month subs from. I been advised that it worth a shot playing but not on release pick this shit up after it goes F2P play for 3 months and move on and that is what Ill do and I would suggest others follow the same lead.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So when this fails, you'll stop posting right?
He will vanish like a fart in the wind after trying to drum up as many box sales for the company.

Gecko, poor troll attempt. You're going to have to be smarter than that on the bait scale.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Wait...to show that the internet is positive about the game, you recommend to look at FACEBOOK and REDDIT?!

They wouldn't allow their FB page to voice negative opinions, and Reddit is known for over-zealous mods making sure nothing but rainbows and sunshine happen - it turns into fanboy central. I don't even post on Reddit and I know this.

Now, if SomethingAwful or NeoGAF or something has a big change of opinion, please let me know.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
and no one have an opinion! Makes for a really fun discussion forum.
Okie-dokie. I'll reiterate my opinion of this project to facilitate discussion.
rrr_img_57694.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If this were a big media company I'd have Utnayan and Blackwulf as opposing commentators to argue for 30 seconds every 10 minutes. Instead you both need to settle down. Blackwulf, the game isn't good and your constant praise is so transparent. Utnayan, you're so full of shit your eyes are turning brown.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds exactly like the ability misfire bug that plagued SWTOR from beta until last month when they finally fixed it. No surprise though since this game is getting rushed out the door for April.
So they actually managed to fix it? I remember they said they did, and the engine seemed improved somewhat and the misfire was mostly fixed, but it was never as crisp and responsive as WOW. My friend at the time was really excited about playing a star wars game, she was not big into computers or nerdcrafting and all she had to say when she logged into TOR was that it was unresponsive and WoW felt better, and this was after the changes.

Im immediately dubious of any game with engine ability problems in beta because it seems like one of those things that just can't be fixed 100% and is suggestive of a deep underlying problem. Wow, Wildstar and Tera (apart from the animation lock) are the only games that have felt silky smooth to me, and they felt this way from the second I picked it up. GW2 wasn't bad either, but the physics or something felt a little off.

Disappointing if this game is going the shithouse engine route that lets the other games down.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If this were a big media company I'd have Utnayan and Blackwulf as opposing commentators to argue for 30 seconds every 10 minutes. Instead you both need to settle down. Blackwulf, the game isn't good and your constant praise is so transparent. Utnayan, you're so full of shit your eyes are turning brown.
Why am I full of shit here Tuco? Should I PM you everything Ive got? And then what? We can't post it anyway. I did that once with Draegan and then they accused him of being Me for Christ sake under a pseudohandle.

I'm not full of shit, although I am know there are some high level ZO officials in this thread that would like to confuse and deflect.

How could anyone not be skeptical of a game that has shown so little of the game systems or content? How is this not most similiar to Warhammer (or maybe Vanguard) when we all got to level 30 and the rest of the game was not even done? I'm very open to being convinced but what we have seen is Warhammer II. Is there someone out there that has seen the rest of the game and can send me a PM saying... it's fine... it's all finished and the game systems are all in. Two months out and good games, MMOs that will be successful, are polishing content, not adding whole swathes and new game systems.

bayr_sl

shitlord
We are pleased to announce that a renowned group of actors will be lending their voices to The Elder Scrolls Online. John Cleese, Michael Gambon, Kate Beckinsale, Malcolm McDowell, Lynda Carter, Bill Nighy, and Alfred Molina ? and many more ? take on the roles of just some of the interesting characters you?ll meet while exploring Tamriel.

The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Revealed | Bethesda Blog

They are just throwing money away now

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We are pleased to announce that a renowned group of actors will be lending their voices to The Elder Scrolls Online. John Cleese, Michael Gambon, Kate Beckinsale, Malcolm McDowell, Lynda Carter, Bill Nighy, and Alfred Molina - and many more - take on the roles of just some of the interesting characters you'll meet while exploring Tamriel.

The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Revealed | Bethesda Blog

They are just throwing money away now
Box sales. The game will never sell on it's own merits, so they need to resort to this (while blowing a lot of budget) on crap that most everyone space barred through anyway.

Lynda Carter is renown? Last time I even thought of her was I watched an episode of Wonder Woman in 1979. How far Kate Beckinsadale has fallen
frown.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
How could anyone not be skeptical of a game that has shown so little of the game systems or content? How is this not most similiar to Warhammer (or maybe Vanguard) when we all got to level 30 and the rest of the game was not even done?
This same sentence could equally apply to Wildstar. I'm really curious about the NDA hiding the game this close to release. In regards to TESO they have a lot of information out there, more than Wildstar, but like Wildstar I have yet to talk to anyone who has anything to say about the endgame at all. I tend to be skeptical and think they are pulling an Age of Conan, but it's hard to say. I did get a few good months out of AOC, which is better than most MMOs.

I think there are a lot of issues with TESO, but I think the overt hit job being done by people like Ut who are full of shit adds nothing to this thread. I've let my issues be known, and unfortunately I am not in closed beta and outside of a few hours of a demo, I haven't played the game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Surprisingly enough after looking at her IMDB she seems like a goto person for TES. Been in both Oblivion and Skyrim.
I wouldn't have ever known she was voice acting any of the NPC's in those games. Now I'll have to go back and check which characters.

What a waste of money this is.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've let my issues be known, and unfortunately I am not in closed beta and outside of a few hours of a demo, I haven't played the game.

It's 10 times uglier than GW2, combat feels like garbage, and the interface is poor.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. I've bought all of their games at release. I might be the only person on this board who actually liked Oblivion. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole after playing it for a few hours.

I was cautiously optimistic for this game, but after playing it for a few hours I have to say it's just completely awful.

I have zero interest in this now.
Guess what Gecko? Nothing has changed outside more bugs, the same poor animation, the same combat responsiveness issues, and the same horrible UI. But with now better voice acting!

There is nothing full of shit about it, and quite frankly, this shit will happen again and again and the same posts and replies will happen again, and again... Because these same people are allowed to stay in their positions that perpetuate it.

This same sentence could equally apply to Wildstar. I'm really curious about the NDA hiding the game this close to release. In regards to TESO they have a lot of information out there, more than Wildstar, but like Wildstar I have yet to talk to anyone who has anything to say about the endgame at all. I tend to be skeptical and think they are pulling an Age of Conan, but it's hard to say. I did get a few good months out of AOC, which is better than most MMOs.

I think there are a lot of issues with TESO, but I think the overt hit job being done by people like Ut who are full of shit adds nothing to this thread. I've let my issues be known, and unfortunately I am not in closed beta and outside of a few hours of a demo, I haven't played the game.
Not sure Wildstar is that close to release and the beta is much bigger and is ongoing for Wildstar. I know at least 5 people who post here that are in it and are generally positive. Last I heard they had exposed up to about level 35 with all fundamental game systems in.

edit oh man and thanks for reminding me what happened in AoC when we finished the solo levels. That's another great example of...if the company is not showing it, it doesn't exist.

edit2 I don't mind Ut. I think most long time readers filter his argument methods to get to the essence of what he is saying. He is, unfortunately, more often right than wrong...but seriously...hating on Wonder Woman? What is wrong with the man???

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not sure Wildstar is that close to release and the beta is much bigger and is ongoing for Wildstar. I know at least 5 people who post here that are in it and are generally positive. Last I heard they had exposed up to about level 35 with all fundamental game systems in.

edit oh man and thanks for reminding me what happened in AoC when we finished the solo levels. That's another great example of...if the company is not showing it, it doesn't exist.

edit2 I don't mind Ut. I think most long time readers filter his argument methods to get to the essence of what he is saying. He is, unfortunately, more often right than wrong...but seriously...hating on Wonder Woman? What is wrong with the man???
Oh, I don't hate Wonder Woman
smile.png
I just fail to see how Lynda Carter is renown. She was awesome as Wonder Woman
smile.png