The Elder Scrolls Online

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Nope, logic will not win out. ESO will sell 5 copies on the Brobox.

But seriously, I think getting consolers to accept an extra sub fee will be a gradual thing in the way that UO->EQ->HOLY SHIT WOW was.

EDIT: This wasn't exactly a serious, heated argument or anything. Much joking hyperbole was involved. Don't get the wrong idea, heh.
These are the same idiots who send a check to Microsoft for Xbox Live for years to play multi-player on servers they themselves pay for, correct?

For the life of me I can't understand why MMO teams don't sell 'season passes' instead of subscriptions. Different wording, same milking of people, and easier to sell, especially to the Xbox kiddies.

spronk

FPS noob
here are two beta keys for my daytime brethren, if they don't work probably used by a lurker

NXCTHFFLPJWH3XMTE934
E9J9P3DKJL9FKX5FKLNH

use atThe Elder Scrolls Online

you can get your own atLogin - Curse
if those two didnt work, not sure when curse starts handing out keys to everyone but i think its today

the download is absolutely massive (like 25 gigs?) so get it started now, beta starts friday afternoon and runs till midnight monday

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Keys gone by the time I could make an account. Someone must have taken Kreugen because I sure as shit can't find what email I registered with if I ever signed up.

Curse just says ineligible.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Kreug, I agree. They need to definitely use a F2P model for the consoles for this type of game and then do the DLC, and cash shop thing. Basically what DCUO does. Or what SWTOR oes on the PC side. Charge $5-$10 for mini content updates, chapters, whatever... This $15 per month wont fly and I guess they will find out the hard way.
F2P games are so fucking horrible that I find myself wishing I could pay a sub for ANY amount of money just to make all of that shit go away. But with "free" phone games changing the world due to morons dropping thousands of dollars a month on them it's probably the new reality. They are already testing the waters with Killer Instinct and Forza.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I made an account but got ineligible to. Website still advertising them, maybe it's only for premium people?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
$7K Gaming PC.
My mind is boggled how your buddy came up with that number. I can't imagine having to spend more than $1500, at MOST, for a rig that will run any game on the market at max settings. My $1000 laptop will also run BF4 at settings that are noticeably better than xbone.

That said, a $7K would be easy as shit to put together. 4K Quad SLI rig and were way more than halfway there.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well l'm looking forward to this weekend to see what all the talk is about. I've been hearing lot's of negative stuff (performance and optimization stuff mostly) but I am real curious to see if the gameplay just has that "fun" factor a la WoW when it first came out or during the Lich King/BC days.