The Elder Scrolls Online

Flank_sl

shitlord
I just downloaded and patched and it is sitting at 29.4 gb, but I suppose it might temporarily of used more while patching.

The client works but 'beta is not currently in session'. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well, beta clients aren't necessarily streamlined either. Sloppy development will keep a lot of legacy assets in there for you to download. Who knows though.

spronk

FPS noob
last beta weekend they shutdown the pvp stuff (cyrodill i assume) after just 3-4 hours, giving some vague reason how it wasn't ready or crashing or something. but hopefully this weekend will work better, i'm glad I leveled a character to level 10 last time so I can jump right into it

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bah still can't find videos of the beta interface. Wow my googlefu sucks. Everything I find out youtube looks standard UI.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The Olympic games comes with a huge budget and a desire to make the opening the best opening so far. This year, that feature and power to implement things falls to Putin. Not to mention the large possibility of people trying to do something in protest against the discrimination against homosexuals in Russia. I wouldn't miss the opening ceremony for any computer game. I have high hopes for crazyness and lots of "In Russia" memes afterwards.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Weirdo ;P
smile.png

I am Norwegian. We pay more attention here to the Winter Olympics because we hope/expect to win medals. They are few and far between in the summer games.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Haven't there been crazy terrorist threats against the Olympic Games?

That said in all honesty it seems no matter how shitty the country they're in, even the most back ass hellhole can keep their shit together for a few weeks for the sake of public image.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
For those interested in the art style aka graphixxx of the next two 'big' MMO's, here is the situation. These are uncompressed direct shots at full settings. This is ESO.

iSnzEeil4Dcn2.bmp

This is Wildstar.

ibxFUJB7Oks4ps.bmp

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Second image looks like WoW. First image looks like Guild Wars 2 a little bit but... missing something

Image was to large to link to.
GW2
http://myviewscreen.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/gw2.jpg

Honestly most graphics these days are "close enough" that I would be satisfied with them if the gameplay was excellent. If there is any one thing they should copy from WoW it is first and foremost the smooth, fast, fluid and responsive combat style.