The Elder Scrolls Online

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give it another look when its sub $25 and all of the miracle addons are out.
Why not wait for another month after when it goes F2P?
wink.png

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Ok I'll check it out and start collecting the information. I am guessing you have since you know of the LUA, and it was working before they disabled LUA's for that window? Any conclusions yet? Or haven't you taken it that far. Because I would like to run the parses to check how many things are broken. Part of the frustration for me in any of the add ons before they were disabled a few weeks back were the numerous patch changes breaking them and it was impossible to keep up.
Even WoW still goes through the scenario where patches break addons and look how long it's been around. I imagine once this is released we'll see sites like Curse pick it up where you can download/manage addons directly from them through an external client so that might take some of the management headaches out of it. I absolutely hate defending TESO because I think they've made some really bone-headed decisions that could have made the game much more than just "meh" but at least they have the groundwork in for players to do some pretty solid modding thus far.

As far as that particular addon is concerned, your questions would probably be better served on the official tester forums where we're talking about it. I'm sure I've said too much already about it but I think you get the idea.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's not. They've explained it was used solely for prototyping.

Get the fuck out of here, you beta imposter.
They rewrote the renderer you fucking idiot.

Is this supposed to be some kind of brain buster? Yeah, the dudes that wrote HE are butthurt that ZOS rewrote the engine and it performs and looks beautiful.
Do you live in the same world as Rich Vogel? Everything core of the engine is still there, and of that, we saw a lot of fun shit this last weekend didn't we.

Or do you live on a world where none of these things happen because there are boxes to sell and it's that time of the marketing cycle to disarm and confuse?

Don't answer that.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Called out again on what??? LUA's are NOT WORKING CURRENTLY. They are buggier than shit and all over the board and have BEEN DISABLED due to the massive amounts of patch fixes. Each Patch breaks another Mod.

I wanted to simply know the NAME of the LUA. I have never heard of it, and looked everywhere previously with a purpose to call out the broken shit abilities not firing and working correctly.

Hey Pyksel when is the last time you had this working? 3 weeks ago, all LUA's were disabled. It was right before my move. January 31st.

Make that 2 weeks ago.
Yet another lie. LUAs/Addons have been working fine for at least the past 6 weeks and have not been disabled during that entire time.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\ You are absolutely full of shit Rescorla. Get back to your cube, you have 7 weeks to ship something that people can actually connect too, unlike this weekend.

Even WoW still goes through the scenario where patches break addons and look how long it's been around. I imagine once this is released we'll see sites like Curse pick it up where you can download/manage addons directly from them through an external client so that might take some of the management headaches out of it. I absolutely hate defending TESO because I think they've made some really bone-headed decisions that could have made the game much more than just "meh" but at least they have the groundwork in for players to do some pretty solid modding thus far.

As far as that particular addon is concerned, your questions would probably be better served on the official tester forums where we're talking about it. I'm sure I've said too much already about it but I think you get the idea.
At least there is one sane poster here left.

Yeah the patching cycle is warping all sorts of havoc.

I'll re-quote part of your post for Blackwulf and the 3 shill group that are having a hard time gaining a foot hold on SA.

I absolutely hate defending TESO because I think they've made some really bone-headed decisions that could have made the game much more than just "meh" but at least they have the groundwork in for players to do some pretty solid modding thus far.
That's exactly where it lies. From the mouth of an "unconfirmed" closed beta tester, Blackwulf.

Those boneheaded decisions came from Paul Sage. I cannot even imagine how much better this game would be without that guy in charge. Or, had he listened to his design team that knows better.

Blackwulf

N00b
They rewrote the renderer you fucking idiot.

Do you live in the same world as Rich Vogel? Everything core of the engine is still there, and of that, we saw a lot of fun shit this last weekend didn't we.

Or do you live on a world where none of these things happen because there are boxes to sell and it's that time of the marketing cycle to disarm and confuse?

Don't answer that.
Huh? Have you not even played the weekend beta? It's like you describe a fantasy. The only problems this weekend were stress test induced load times and occasional lag that was mostly cleared up by Monday as they throttled things back. The graphics engine was beautiful with complex lighting effects, hi res textures, and smooth game play with 20x the players on screen that swtor allows.

Clearly the guys who rewrote the engine know what the fuck they are doing.

Ps, it's funny seeing you beg pyksel for info when you are supposedly in the same beta forums he's in.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Huh? Have you not even played the weekend beta? It's like you describe a fantasy. The only problems this weekend were stress test induced load times and occasional lag that was mostly cleared up by Monday as they throttled things back. The graphics engine was beautiful with complex lighting effects, hi res textures, and smooth game play with 20x the players on screen that swtor allows.

Ps, it's funny seeing you beg pyksel for info when you are supposedly in the same beta forums he's in.
It's going to be funny seeing people post you are full of shit as usual when posting this opinion you just did up top, like the last 5 times over the 3 months you have done it.

I do not need to play the weekend beta. Why the fuck would I put myself through that heartache when I am in a contained atmosphere I can fucking log into? Perhaps you should review the last 13 pages consisting of the weekend beta experience again to refresh your memory.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Load times were not the only problem this weekend. At one point I had 6 quests in my journal that could not be completed because the server was not spawning the npcs that I needed. This is the sort of thing that the stress test was designed to find though, so I am hoping that they fix it and do another weekend event.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
BW:
Theonly problems this weekend were stress test induced load times and occasional lag
Ut says:
It's going to be funny seeing people post you are full of shit as usual when posting this opinion you just did up top
Flank:
Load times were not the only problem this weekend. At one point I had 6 quests in my journal that could not be completed because the server was not spawning the npcs that I needed.
That took 4 seconds. Nice work Blackwulf.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .

Those weren't the only problems there were still plenty of quests that were bugged, areas of the world where people would get stuck or fall through, combat responsiveness (and we're not talking lag here we're talking about missed timings) but to be fair, every MMO suffers most of those especially early on and even well into launch.

It's no where near the devastating picture that some folks have painted it but it's certainly nowhere close to being what it COULD be. The game is just flat out mediocre at best with a spattering of fun elements but you have to step over quite a few of the shit piles to get to them.

Blackwulf

N00b
I was talking engine problems, boys. Yes, there are many other bugs.

Utnayan, why not address the fact that you've been lying for months about being in closed beta?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
/\ You are absolutely full of shit Rescorla. Get back to your cube, you have 7 weeks to ship something that people can actually connect too, unlike this weekend.
LOL you're beginning to reek of desperation. Pyksel has already confirmed the same exact thing I have been saying.

You really should stop digging the hole any deeper. I suggest you show some honesty and admit you are not in the closed beta and that all your rants have been based on what you saw in past weekend beta tests.

You can shoot me a tell/mail in game, at which point I will come back to the board and admit I was wrong.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I'd like to point out that on Sunday you said the loading times were "a lot better" than Saturday. They weren't, of course. And now you're claiming they were cleared up on Monday. They weren't, people (including myself) had the same problems- client crashes and disconnects on top of the loading screen and general lag. Maybe if you're on site you got smooth game play, but everyone in the chat of my campaign for Cyrodiil was complaining of 5-10 second ability lag each day. Every time I went near a zerg the client would desync: every player character would freeze/run in place and I could run around them for 30ish seconds before timing out back to the log-in screen. This happened on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Now, I don't have the greatest internet in the world- and clearly some people were able to play without having that problem as seen in the video posted earlier in the thread. But if 7 down and 1 up internet isn't good enough to join PVP in ESO I think there are going to be quite a few disappointed people. And it wasn't some obscure issue on my end- I posted on the bug forum about it in a thread with quite a few others.

Claiming there was smooth gameplay last weekend is just as ridiculous as Ut claiming they removed the "simultronics code" or whatever he says.