The Elder Scrolls Online

Blackwulf

N00b
What do you guys hope to see from Adventure Zones?
I'm hoping they are large outdoor zones where there are many encounters tuned to require large groups (or adjusted based on the size of your group.) Someone let slip somewhere that they'd tested them with a 5 man group, but that they could be scaled up to 12. Maybe on Reddit? I don't remember. I'm hoping that deep into the zones there are very difficult encounters that drop some nice loot! Hope they announce some details soon.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unless the imperial lifesteal is just insanely good then I don't think they are that great. More stamina is nice but some of the other races offer more mitigation which in almost every mmo ever has beaten out more health for tanks.

If that lifesteal is really great tho then that is some pretty hardcore p2win bullshit.

I actually thought the 12% health Racial was the OP one for Imperials. I can't imagine stacking enough life steal to make any build viable. Personally I think I'm going to go with an Imperial Templar just to be a little different. I'll have to wear more light armor then heavy I think but 5/2 split would probably be enough.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
eh, the racials I like are Orc, or Orcasmer or whatever they are calling them these days, but man I don't like the models. In the interest of mixmaxeroni, though, Orc Two-Handed Heavy Armor Sorcerer it is, I guess.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Something better than traditional PVE end game boss raids. Until I actually know what Zenimax plans to do differently with their PVE raiding game compared to WoW, hard for me to really envision what these adventure zones are.

Something better than traditional PVE end game boss raids. Until I actually know what Zenimax plans to do differently with their PVE raiding game compared to WoW, hard for me to really envision what these adventure zones are.
I envision them as the TESO version of Timeless Isle, tuned to 12 man groups with trash, smaller encounters, dungeons, rares, and raid bosses etc. However we know next to nothing so my vision could be entirely incorrect.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Since these are all things that beta testers will see in the zones they have access to, I don't think this info violates the NDA. Latest patch has the following:

- Collision detection with NPCs just got put in.
- You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
- Mob difficulty increase slightly starting at level 5.
- Buffs and nerfs to class abilities
- Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules. Hoping that means bows got fixed

Melvil_sl

shitlord
Since these are all things that beta testers will see in the zones they have access to, I don't think this info violates the NDA. Latest patch has the following:

- You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
- Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules. Hoping that means bows got fixed
All great changes, though specifics on buffs and nerfs would be nice. /hint hint

kudos

<Banned>

It's like they are reading this thread. Good changes.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Anyway to get details on the buffs and nerfs?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You can make heavy armor with caster stats?
Any class can wear any armor type and use any weapon. If you want to play a sorceror with a 2 handed weapon and heavy armor (which buffs defense) you can. Whether that gimps you compared to a sorceror in light armor (which buffs casting) is a different story.

FYI every class ability in the game uses magicka so regardless of what armor type you need, you will want armor that buffs your magicka total or regen.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Great changes! Two of those are things I was really hoping they would add/improve upon. I never thought they'd ever add Collision Detection into the game.

signati_sl

shitlord
I actually thought the 12% health Racial was the OP one for Imperials. I can't imagine stacking enough life steal to make any build viable. Personally I think I'm going to go with an Imperial Templar just to be a little different. I'll have to wear more light armor then heavy I think but 5/2 split would probably be enough.
The Imperials don't actually have a liftsteal. All racials are passives, and that lifesteal belongs to the nightblade class. That's just a mix up in ESOHead's database. There are a few other mixups.

Grave_sl said:
I want to see adventure zones as the PvE that keeps MMO old timers happy. Skyrim is an adventure zone, and Skyrim is a very big place. The way I see it, there's room for numerous kinds of content that should focus on a range from one group to six (a full raid group). I'd like to see overland trash for the small groups, but with better loot and xp than typical instance dungeon boss adds. Not quite as hard as bosses. There should be something for each group/raid size that can be found early on, just as a hint of what's further in. Quests are the perfect vehicle for that. Wouldn't want people to try to overland trash and think that's all there is.

Further in, a mix of dungeon bosses, lighter raid targets, and traditional raid beasts would be expected. There should be at least one that requires old school tactics, even if only one. That should be the kind of kill that makes for bragging rights. The bigger the risk and longer the fight, the better the loot, of course.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Imperials don't actually have a liftsteal. All racials are passives, and that lifesteal belongs to the nightblade class. That's just a mix up in ESOHead's database. There are a few other mixups.

Interesting. Do you know what the actual Imperial racials are?

kudos

<Banned>
The bigger the risk and longer the fight, the better the loot, of course.
Please don't make it sound like longer fights are a good thing. I can't remember how many times I tried to get through a raid without falling asleep because the HP pool or the mechanic just took too fucking long. It doesn't have to be a long fight to be an epic fight.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Please don't make it sound like longer fights are a good thing. I can't remember how many times I tried to get through a raid without falling asleep because the HP pool or the mechanic just took too fucking long. It doesn't have to be a long fight to be an epic fight.
You know you miss Lord Seru/Cursed fights.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Wow. It is like a patch to my post. Can't complain about that.

Interested to try it in the next beta if I get in now.

signati_sl

shitlord
Interesting. Do you know what the actual Imperial racials are?
ESOHead has done some work to patch up their database. They still have a nightblade skill in the Assault line of the Alliance war (previously it was wrong the other way around).

Race Skills - Teso Elite
Imperial - Races - Esohead - Elder Scrolls Online Database

Here's the full skill map with a simpler interface (which lends to fewer mistakes):

Elder Scrolls Online Skills - Teso Elite

ESOHead will clearly be better once they figure out their database glitch.

It shouldn't be anything extreme, at least. I recall reading about some of FoH's raids in PoP. Didn't one run something like 12 hours, with everybody hitting the same buttons over and over? Yeah, that doesn't need to happen. A good 30 minute battle against one of the hardest nasties out there for legendary loot and bragging rights wouldn't be too horrible though -- especially if it keeps people on their toes throughout. There's a big difference between cast -> sneak -> jump -> block -> cast -> block -> etc for 30 minutes with six full groups and something like taunt -> taunt -> taunt -> taunt -> ... for 12 hours. Long battles should only be included if they're fun enough to seem short.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

Overall good changes, but they are just now putting Collision Detection into the game? I'm torn, as I like this for the PVP side, but it's not so hot for the PVE stuff, especially dungeon entrances and narrow areas. My bigger concern is this is a pretty big design change this late in the game.

TrainWreck1.gif