The Elder Scrolls Online

kudos

<Banned>
Overall good changes, but they are just now putting Collision Detection into the game? I'm torn, as I like this for the PVP side, but it's not so hot for the PVE stuff, especially dungeon entrances and narrow areas. My bigger concern is this is a pretty big design change this late in the game.

TrainWreck1.gif
The amount of rage back in the day from blocking dungeon exits in Karnor's during trains was AMAZING.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overall good changes, but they are just now putting Collision Detection into the game? I'm torn, as I like this for the PVP side, but it's not so hot for the PVE stuff, especially dungeon entrances and narrow areas. My bigger concern is this is a pretty big design change this late in the game.

TrainWreck1.gif
Hmm considering it says just for NPCs, so no player vs player collision.

signati_sl

shitlord
Since only NPCs collide, it shouldn't matter in PvP -- so long as they don't apply the collision detection to pets. It doesn't say whether the NPCs collide with each other, but if so then that could lead to interesting bottleneck tactics in PvE.

edit: Cinge barely beat me to it (lmao)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
ESOHead has done some work to patch up their database. They still have a nightblade skill in the Assault line of the Alliance war (previously it was wrong the other way around).

Race Skills - Teso Elite
Imperial - Races - Esohead - Elder Scrolls Online Database

Here's the full skill map with a simpler interface (which lends to fewer mistakes):

Elder Scrolls Online Skills - Teso Elite

ESOHead will clearly be better once they figure out their database glitch.

It shouldn't be anything extreme, at least. I recall reading about some of FoH's raids in PoP. Didn't one run something like 12 hours, with everybody hitting the same buttons over and over? Yeah, that doesn't need to happen. A good 30 minute battle against one of the hardest nasties out there for legendary loot and bragging rights wouldn't be too horrible though -- especially if it keeps people on their toes throughout. There's a big difference between cast -> sneak -> jump -> block -> cast -> block -> etc for 30 minutes with six full groups and something like taunt -> taunt -> taunt -> taunt -> ... for 12 hours. Long battles should only be included if they're fun enough to seem short.
I still see Red Diamond under Imperial for those although Red Diamond is not a Life steal but a Life on Hit which is a minor correction.

signati_sl

shitlord
That's interesting. I could have sworn it said something else just recently. It may be time to start analyzing these a little more closely, assuming major changes are behind us now.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure how collision helps the problem with combat feeling off and disjointed. A lot of is animations and feedback(on hits, being hit etc).

signati_sl

shitlord
It's using the Havok engine and apparently is in response to some of the criticisms players had about how combat felt.
Isn't Havok kind of CPU expensive for a MMO, where large PvE battles are concerned? It might not be an issue, since we won't see the kind of 500+ actor battles that happen in PvP, but I hope they're focus testing and optimizing the hell out of that. It's the kind of problem that could creep up later with a nasty sucker punch.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The heavy armor does look good. The light armor is ok. The medium armor...what's up the pink wings on the helmet???
No idea wtf those pink wings are. Good thing there will be styles you can find around the world to put on your armor to change your look. Dragon Knight armor looks so good but I want to stick with my templar idea.

I have been watching the videos of PvP and am struck that stealth looks pretty over powered in this game. Are we all going to be nightblades?

Also, I don't remember seeing any armor dye. Are we all going to be variations on brown and gray?

kudos

<Banned>
I have been watching the videos of PvP and am struck that stealth looks pretty over powered in this game. Are we all going to be nightblades?

Also, I don't remember seeing any armor dye. Are we all going to be variations on brown and gray?
I'm going dragonknight.

The amount of rage back in the day from blocking dungeon exits in Karnor's during trains was AMAZING.
Oh thanks. A flashback. Now I need therapy again. Even OLDER school was using Ogres to block the entrance stone to Lady Vox. Now THAT was awesome rage induction.

kudos

<Banned>
Sure...right up until 19 naked ninja cat nightblades pop out of nowhere and stab you to death 43 times.
Thing is... anyone can stealth. In that dragonknight video I posted he hides while scouting.

Also I'm sure you can put skills for any class to make them able to stealth if you want.