The Elder Scrolls Online

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't had much interest in this game due to the info coming out of this thread (and a few other places) but I have an opportunity to try Beta now and it's been a while since I've gotten feedback about recent developments.

What's the consensus here? Is the game worth going through the trouble to DL and play the Beta, or no?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best answer is try it for yourself. I gave it a shot and will be buying it and playing for a few months. Its worth the try IMO. Im glad I did because I did not find anything in this game remotely negative as the thread portrayed this game to be.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its a game you definitely have to try for yourself, I think its total crap but other people like it so it really depends on your own tastes. get to at least level 6, you can queue for cyrodil at level 5 I think and there are three things to check out: pve leveling, pvp leveling (instanced RvR) and crafting

i will say that you should really try to go in with friends, I think its an mmo that will not be fun at all if you are playing solo

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't had much interest in this game due to the info coming out of this thread (and a few other places) but I have an opportunity to try Beta now and it's been a while since I've gotten feedback about recent developments.

What's the consensus here? Is the game worth going through the trouble to DL and play the Beta, or no?
I haven't played since the first beta key I received months and months ago. Honestly, at the time, I didn't care much for it. However, many of my complaints have either been addressed in recent patches (from what I have read) or completely overshadowed by PvP.

I'm going to give it another go this weekend. If i'm reading the community right, I believe it is fair to say the consensus is if you like PvP you should probably give it a shot. If you want some grand PvE experience, you may want to stay away. I've heard Skyrim fan boys will be disappointed if they think it's going to be that type of experience. Though I have heard good things about crafting if that helps.

I'll be able to speak to a lot more early next week.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Utnayan would tell you No and if you come back later and post you liked the game and had fun, call you a paid shill for Zenimax.

For the most part everyone else is saying various degrees of Yes. It really all depends on what your criteria is to have fun in a MMO. Some like the PVP but hate the PVE, some like both.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't played since the first beta key I received months and months ago. Honestly, at the time, I didn't care much for it. However, many of my complaints have either been addressed in recent patches (from what I have read) or completely overshadowed by PvP.

I'm going to give it another go this weekend. If i'm reading the community right, I believe it is fair to say the consensus is if you like PvP you should probably give it a shot. If you want some grand PvE experience, you may want to stay away. I've heard Skyrim fan boys will be disappointed if they think it's going to be that type of experience. Though I have heard good things about crafting if that helps.

I'll be able to speak to a lot more early next week.
This is my concern as well. Is it anything close to Skyrim? How on rails is the leveling?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
yeah its a game you definitely have to try for yourself, I think its total crap but other people like it so it really depends on your own tastes. get to at least level 6, you can queue for cyrodil at level 5 I think and there are three things to check out: pve leveling, pvp leveling (instanced RvR) and crafting

i will say that you should really try to go in with friends, I think its an mmo that will not be fun at all if you are playing solo
Cyrodil got bumped back up to level 10 to enter in the patch that added collision detection. For the weekend beta I assume it will still be level 5 to enter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To tell you the truth the PvE experience is not that bad either if you dont mind the quest based leveling. I thought it was well done although Im kind of over that whole quest grinding thing after doing it time and time again.

But there is other shit as well, if you stray off the beaten path there is shit to explore, elite type mini bosses to battle and farm, hidden away quests too. So there is more than meets the eye.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To tell you the truth the PvE experience is not that bad either if you dont mind the quest based leveling. I thought it was well done although Im kind of over that whole quest grinding thing after doing it time and time again.

But there is other shit as well, if you stray off the beaten path there is shit to explore, named mobs to battle and farm, hidden away quests too. So there is more than meets the eye.

Carl_sl

shitlord
This is my concern as well. Is it anything close to Skyrim? How on rails is the leveling?
There was an over arching story conveyed by voice acting for what little of the leveling process I completed in this last beta, However when I first got in beta back in early 2013 the first thing I did was ignore the story quest and run off in to the woods. I had an npc run up to me and ask for help, I stumbled on a few other quests and I explored some caves, I didn't feel gimped in the leveling department.