The Elder Scrolls Online

kudos

<Banned>
No idea what the fags complaining about were thinking. This game is great and it runs way better than I expected. My settings are much higher than I thought possible for this game. All around fun and interesting. Combat doesn't bother me but I'm not doing archery so no clue about that.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having issues DLing game from patcher. I am on FIOS and have been getting 20-70kbps.... for about 3 hours. Tried restarting without effect. Sucks badly wanted to try this game.
150kb/s -- boo.
frown.png

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How hardware intensive is ESO? SS look amazing. Thing is I am going away for business the next 11 days and will only have my laptop it's a gigantic pos. AMD neo l335 processor, 4gb (actually pretty fast ram), decent speed hard disk, and sadly a Radeon 3200.

Gaming on super low-end machines has been a tradition of mine for a while. Even if I have some nice desktops now. This laptop was able to raid on SWTOR, play EQ2 on second highest settings. Just hope it can run ESO!
The game looks fantastic on high setting (especially ultra-high). On medium settings, the game really isn't much to look at. You really need a high end machine to see anything special . . and it does look special! However, if you read my previous post . . I uninstalled the beta a short time ago. The game is bad . . just, bad.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's fixed on closed. Confirmed.

Holy shit though I just cannot even bear to play this PvE anymore. It is so mind numbingly boring... I made it to about 75% of level three.
Which AAA MMORPG in the last 5 years had good PVE?

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
The player animations, more specifically the running and jumping animations, are still absolutely atrocious. I look at EQL and it's like amateur hour in this mother.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Which AAA MMORPG in the last 5 years had good PVE?
There are a lot of good PvE games that are out there. for SWTOR and all it's faults, the PvE storylines, were good. TSW had fantastic PvE up until Egypt. The atmosphere and engaging creepy shit was awesome. The entire PvE around this game is built upon go here, activate this, kill this, activate that. I know it gets a bit better after the starter zones, but not much. The people that will look to play this before making a purchase will see these zones and immediately want to cancel their preorders.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I like the game enough to buy. It's not the next thing, but its Elder Scrolls, online. Ill play until I see EQL fleshed out more.

ESO is pretty good if you stay in 1st person.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There are a lot of good PvE games that are out there. for SWTOR and all it's faults, the PvE storylines, were good. TSW had fantastic PvE up until Egypt. The atmosphere and engaging creepy shit was awesome. The entire PvE around this game is built upon go here, activate this, kill this, activate that. I know it gets a bit better after the starter zones, but not much. The people that will look to play this before making a purchase will see these zones and immediately want to cancel their preorders.
*shrug* You're right, SWTOR had great PVE storytelling, but the encounters were pretty 'meh'. I disagree with TSW... but I didn't make it to endgame in that so my opinion isn't worth much.

The last time I enjoyed a PVE experience was like... The Burning Crusade & Vanguard.

I just go into MMOs these days assuming shit is gonna be bland and easy.

kudos

<Banned>
The player animations, more specifically the running and jumping animations, are still absolutely atrocious. I look at EQL and it's like amateur hour in this mother.
And then you look at the god fucking awful character models and realize nothing is perfect.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not too bad... I have no major complaints. I guess realizing that I would be paying $15 a month for it turned me off. To me, there's only a couple of games I would give a monthly fee to, a Blizzard MMO and Everquest anything. I still haven't had the opportunity to try out PvP but maybe tomorrow. Bottom line, I'm currently enjoying FTP games such as LoL and actually the Diablo 3 stuff has been very nice. I know this is all Apple and Oranges but MMO's are going to have to be pretty incredible to get a monthly fee from me.

Again, looks good, it feels decent, but i'm not seeing anything that would blow FFXIV, GW2, or even SWTOR out of the water. ESO has pieces that are better than some other pieces but it's going to come down to your taste and probably to how much you enjoy PvP (at least from what i've read. Hopefully i'll get some PvP tomorrow)

It is better than before. I bought it. Animations are ass but not bad otherwise. Good thing to past the time while we wait for EQN. Are you PRX scrubs playing this?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
*shrug* You're right, SWTOR had great PVE storytelling, but the encounters were pretty 'meh'. I disagree with TSW... but I didn't make it to endgame in that so my opinion isn't worth much.

The last time I enjoyed a PVE experience was like... The Burning Crusade & Vanguard.

I just go into MMOs these days assuming shit is gonna be bland and easy.
No I get it, but these people are here to sell it.

Here is my advice, and someone at ZO steal it. Change all level reqs for Cyro to level 1. Now. Not next weekend beta. Get people into Cyrodil as soon as possible. You'll salvage a box sale. The PvE is a subjective experience but you must look at the numbers and see how many people are falling off. Blame Paul Sage. It's horrible. The guy literally had 4 years to make what you are playing through now. 4.

* Reduce campaigns to 14 days.
* Reduce entering the AvA to level 1. Immediate. On character select.
* Fire Paul Sage and for God's sake no one ever recommend him again. You are seeing what happens with that choice.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I really wanna see what the Adventure zones, or whatever they are, have in store.

My pre-order is contingent on them being decent or not.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
* Reduce campaigns to 14 days.
* Reduce entering the AvA to level 1. Immediate. On character select.
Indulge my lazyness... what's the deal with campaigns (can only do them once every n days?) and what is AvA?

I'm down to 60kb/sec, so there's a good chance this download will not finish before the weekend is over. Not inspiring me with a whole lot of confidence...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I've downloaded 100GB so far... I really should have let this shit update last night.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm using Unity HUD, and I seem to have two sets of health and target frames. I can't seem to figure out how to turn either one off or on.

edit: Oh wait, FTC has their own unit frames. That's what I'm fucking up I think.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought EQNL ran like shit compared to this, plus the art style in eqnl is too disney for me. I was expecting eso to be a huge turd. Glad all the bashing was way off.

kudos

<Banned>
It's still rather buggy though.

The two problems I'm getting repeatedly are:

1. Game keeps freezing randomly for a couple seconds. Then goes right back to normal. No idea why this happens but I saw other people complaining in chat.

2. Sometimes I'll be talking to an NPC and it will bug out and I won't be able to do anything but stare at their stupid face. I'm forced to log out and back in to fix it.

oh and 3. I go to a quest objective spot and it won't let me activate it. In fact one time I didn't even get the option to see where I was supposed to go until I logged out and back in and there it was on my screen to push E to activate.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So chances of this being a complete clusterfuck during the first couple weeks reasonably high ?

Lag/load wise I mean , assuming there can't be any sort of queue system I suppose with the mega server bit. I'd prefer servers and a queue that results in stable and lag free once in than having the infrastructure being overloaded to hell with no limits.