The Elder Scrolls Online

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Just got through playing for the first time and to me it plays exactly like Swtor with one class story, so fun for a little while but I'ld recommend waiting for Ftp. Also did they hire the entire Dragon Age VO team?

kudos

<Banned>
What are people's thoughts between DW vs 2H

So far I'm leaning towards 2H just being better overall
I'm crushing things as a 2h dragon whatever it's called. Taking on 2-3 mobs at a time but I'm heavy armor and not retarded when it comes to distributing stats/skills like some of the people I see running around.

Caliane

I'm crushing things as a 2h dragon whatever it's called. Taking on 2-3 mobs at a time but I'm heavy armor and not retarded when it comes to distributing stats/skills like some of the people I see running around.
its easy to be retarded when there is no transparency on how anything works.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ut, while I'm inclined to agree with not enjoying the game either...you're gonna have to take it down a notch bud.

Thank you.
Sorry.
smile.png

Beer soon.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was naked with my bow and arrow taking out 2-3 mobs at a time as well. I do what everyone else does. Put points into health because that's all that matters.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Advantages: You canalwaysplay with your friends, new and old.No strugglingto get everyone you know on the same realm or paying for server transfers.
My buddy and I grouped up and spent most of our timenot being able to see each otherbecause we were phased into different portions of a quest line. They take phasing to new ridiculous heights in this game because my buddy would talk to some NPC like a second before me and in some caseswe would just see each others arrows hovering above an invisible characteruntil we turned in and caught back up.
This is some odd shit right here between the two posts.

So what you're saying is you can 'always' group up with you buds, but you may never actually get toplaywith them because of this phasing, and there's a myriad of loading screens that constantly put you both in a new phase? And this isn't even busy launch yet?

What's fun about invisible guildies? The fuck kind of mmoing is this?

kudos

<Banned>
Ut why are you so against this game? If you should be crying about MMO's it should be the wildstar thread. No innovation at all and the game is a clone of multiple MMO's. Or pantheon. Why going so hard against this game? If you don't like it then don't play it.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Ut why are you so against this game? If you should be crying about MMO's it should be the wildstar thread. No innovation at all and the game is a clone of multiple MMO's. Or pantheon. Why going so hard against this game? If you don't like it then don't play it.
From what I gather in lurking, he mainly doesn't like the people running it. I think if anyone else was running it, he'd say 'meh average game' and move on.
Too be fair, it doesn't look like there's much innovation in this either if that's what you're implying so whether it's this or WS.. doesn't really make a difference. Unless you care to cite some innovation which I haven't seen anyone say yet, what difference does it make?
Unless the innovation is the first mmo you can play with pals not on your screen making them invisible, that is an innovative approach. Pay to not play with them.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This is some odd shit right here between the two posts.

So what you're saying is you can 'always' group up with you buds, but you may never actually get toplaywith them because of this phasing, and there's a myriad of loading screens that constantly put you both in a new phase? And this isn't even busy launch yet?

What's fun about invisible guildies? The fuck kind of mmoing is this?
Here is some innovation. Log in to your mmorpg and not be able to see your buds. Grave works for zenimax online. Expect the company line here. Grave has no other choice. Although I do like grave.

Kudos: I realize my opinion on fun doesn't mean fun for everyone. But the PvE game is so crushingly boring I am trying to figure out what is fun about any of it. I cannot bring myself to get through the starter area after already knowing it does get a smidget better when abilities open up, but then you see the combat responsiveness issues. Even with abilities opening up, the content itself doesn't change. And honestly, they spent 4 years on 1-17 content over and over again. Imagine what 17-50 is like.

Which is why I made recommendations to let people start in Cyro from the very start. I even said I am happy they made some Megaserver changes. But on a Friday night when I moved over to the weekend beta, I saw a total of about 9 people compared to a TOON of people. Now I was in the same phase as anyone else. If they instanced the hell out of it to fix load issues and virtualize everything on top of each other, that would be the bandaid fix I would expect at this point. But I guess people can at least log in and play.

I probably wouldn't bitch as much if there wasn't a subscription. There is literally no way anyone will stay with this as is. It's almost Defiance levels of bad, and that game was sub free. Honestly, I think even defiance is better than this.

The music is still good. If I need to pull a positive out. From what I have played of Wildstar so far, I found it cluttered and boring as well. But at least those developers aren't trying to hide from the player base and they try to make active changes as best they can. These people are just trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the public to sell a box based on an IP they never had anything to do with. That is also one of my major problems aside from the game issues. Hell, look at the Matt Firor interview I posted where he said combat beta feedback was very positive after they made combat changes back in August? Really? Even Rescorla had no words for that.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Here is some innovation. Log in to your mmorpg and not be able to see your buds. Grave works for zenimax online. Expect the company line here. Grave has no other choice. Although I do like grave.
Was yesterday your first time to play the game? We have discussed how phasing works in the game multiple times. Do you need another explanation?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Kudos: I realize my opinion on fun doesn't mean fun for everyone. But the PvE game is so crushingly boring I am trying to figure out what is fun about any of it. I cannot bring myself to get through the starter area after already knowing it does get a smidget better when abilities open up, but then you see the combat responsiveness issues. Even with abilities opening up, the content itself doesn't change. And honestly, they spent 4 years on 1-17 content over and over again. Imagine what 17-50 is like.

Which is why I made recommendations to let people start in Cyro from the very start. I even said I am happy they made some Megaserver changes. But on a Friday night when I moved over to the weekend beta, I saw a total of about 9 people compared to a TOON of people. Now I was in the same phase as anyone else. If they instanced the hell out of it to fix load issues and virtualize everything on top of each other, that would be the bandaid fix I would expect at this point. But I guess people can at least log in and play.

I probably wouldn't bitch as much if there wasn't a subscription. There is literally no way anyone will stay with this as is. It's almost Defiance levels of bad, and that game was sub free. Honestly, I think even defiance is better than this.

The music is still good. If I need to pull a positive out. From what I have played of Wildstar so far, I found it cluttered and boring as well. But at least those developers aren't trying to hide from the player base and they try to make active changes as best they can. These people are just trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the public to sell a box based on an IP they never had anything to do with. That is also one of my major problems aside from the game issues. Hell, look at the Matt Firor interview I posted where he said combat beta feedback was very positive after they made combat changes back in August? Really? Even Rescorla had no words for that.
annoyed ned stark.

come back after the weekend.

khalid

Unelected Mod
but I'm heavy armor and not retarded when it comes to distributing stats/skills like some of the people I see running around.
Well, the important thing is that you have managed to feel superior to all the new players in beta!

edit: Speaking of which, this game seems weird in I have to go out of my way to grind mobs to stay even in quests. Either that or I am not exploring enough. It is very very easy to run out of quests at your level and be stuck with a quest log of stuff 3 or more levels higher than you. When I try and do those quests, I get my ass kicked.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
On the flip side, I feel SWTOR is one of the best single player games I've ever played. I really enjoyed the stories and I liked the interface and game.I personally do not like anything about TESO.
And as of right now, it is worse than SWTOR in November 2011.
There are a lot of good PvE games that are out there. for SWTOR and all it's faults, the PvE storylines, were good.
SWTOR was much more fun.
...it plays exactly like Swtor with one class story, so fun for a little while but I'ld recommend waiting for Ftp.
There are plenty of reasons to criticize TESO. However, the people who compare it to SWTOR just baffle me. That game was terrible and boring in almost every sense, from combat to quests. Yet, TESO is terrible and SWTOR was fun? Give me a fucking break.

Caliane

From what I gather in lurking, he mainly doesn't like the people running it. I think if anyone else was running it, he'd say 'meh average game' and move on.
Too be fair, it doesn't look like there's much innovation in this either if that's what you're implying so whether it's this or WS.. doesn't really make a difference. Unless you care to cite some innovation which I haven't seen anyone say yet, what difference does it make?
Unless the innovation is the first mmo you can play with pals not on your screen making them invisible, that is an innovative approach. Pay to not play with them.
Amusingly, this is him being tame.
And why he got real annoying in the past. I'd almost forgive him here.

TESO is really looking to be alot like SWTOR to me.
And back then, a good number of us, got into beta. played a bit. and said. meh. We came back to forums, and said that. games "meh." then went about our way.
The problem is, when a game is mediocre, and you don't have people raving out how bad it is, those forum posts vanish right quick into the flood of fanboys, and "next big thing" mmo players.
When SWTOR actually came out, all the people that weren't in beta, only saw the fans of the game talking about it. Alot of people got burned by it, since everyone that saw the flaws, moved on. And dint feel the need to harp on them over and over. (and of course some of the major flaws didnt really show up till late game, or after real testing of the engine.)

I have better things to do with my time, then scream about bad games. Let Ut be the evangelist.

Edit to address Xaxius's point.
we are talking swtor beta to Teso beta. alot of the major flaws with SW were only really visible past what was available in beta. the pvp zone was not in beta. server lag issues.
Abilities cancelling. Not sure anyone saw that in beta.
tor was medicore in beta. but terrible in live.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
There are plenty of reasons to criticize TESO. However, the people who compare it to SWTOR just baffle me. That game was terrible and boring in almost every sense, from combat to quests. Yet, TESO is terrible and SWTOR was fun? Give me a fucking break.
I saw you quoted me, but I don't think outside of copying a similar manner of doing quests that they are that similar.

I found SWTOR to be quite fun. I liked the combat, class storylines, and companions. I just think the MMO portion was cut and pasted from MMORPG 101, mostly, and was not very innovative or good, which is pretty much what you see in the post you quoted me.

I'm curious, do you like and find WOW to be engaging? What MMOs are fun and worth playing in your opinion? What makes an MMO good?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I saw you quoted me, but I don't think outside of copying a similar manner of doing quests that they are that similar.

I found SWTOR to be quite fun. I liked the combat, class storylines, and companions. I just think the MMO portion was cut and pasted from MMORPG 101, mostly, and was not very innovative or good, which is pretty much what you see in the post you quoted me.

I'm curious, do you like and find WOW to be engaging? What MMOs are fun and worth playing in your opinion? What makes an MMO good?

There was literally nothing wrong with his post, someone asked him a question directly and he answered it directly and calmly.
By itself, no. Coupled with the 37 other posts in the last 3 pages, maybe..
cool.png

I like Grave's posts and insights, and Uts cheapshot at him made me not so much mind the mod powerz waving their big sticks for a change.

kudos

<Banned>
Well, the important thing is that you have managed to feel superior to all the new players in beta!

edit: Speaking of which, this game seems weird in I have to go out of my way to grind mobs to stay even in quests. Either that or I am not exploring enough. It is very very easy to run out of quests at your level and be stuck with a quest log of stuff 3 or more levels higher than you. When I try and do those quests, I get my ass kicked.
The opposite happens to me. I was doing side quests and I outleveled the main story quest by like 2-3 levels before I got on the boat and made my way to some mud hut lizard town.

I also hated Star Wars MMO. I uninstalled that after 5 levels. This game is more engaging to me.