The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnality thanks you for your support
Because there was total support in my post.
rolleyes.png

Depends on whether or not, one PvP's. For instance, Ilum in SWTOR was a fucking joke. The massive PvP in ESO should be much better. The engine is miles ahead in terms of performance.

Basically, your comparison sucks. ESO in beta is in a better condition than SWTOR was months after release. I remember I was as far along as raiding in SWTOR end game and they still hadnt figured out how to get high res textures in the game yet...
Yeah SWTOR couldn't even have more than 20 people on screen without it becoming a slide show. I've been critical of ESO, but I do give credit where it is due on ESO's ability to have a lot of players on screen. The engine is a billion times better than SWTOR's.

Wow, failboat on the double post.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
The current 1-10 focus and the changes from the last 2 patches are because all of thier internal surveys have shown them the same thing over and over. People who play the game for 1-6 hours 90% dislike the game. People who hang in and play for 10+ hours in thier surveys 90% like the game.

So they have a huge issue where they need to somehow convince people to hang in with the game until they see all parts of it and the skill system expands as they get more skill points etc.

They are pretty desperate right now so they are doing anything they can to change the begining of the game before release, sadly thier first efforts with the .18 patch were horrid and a step backwards.

The current one is a step forward but it also has the everyone gets a sword in a game where any class any combo is the sell point issue.

Some folks have suggested handing out multiple skill points per level early on or just starting people with 5-10 points etc but really the way the game is built you need to level skills up and unlock things before you see how the system shines. So not sure how they solve that fundamental problem as the game is very vanilla when you start.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah SWTOR couldn't even have more than 20 people on screen without it becoming a slide show. I've been critical of ESO, but I do give credit where it is due on ESO's ability to have a lot of players on screen. The engine is a billion times better than SWTOR's.

Wow, failboat on the double post.
Time for someone to unlimber the Hero Engine argument, then!

While I didn't hate SWTOR, I can tell you one thing ESO has over it in spades: The designers of SWTOR went out of their way to add in long waits/run times/numerous trips back and forth on multiple occasions just to slow down player advancement. I can't remember which quest it was but there was something close to the endgame with my trooper that had me going back and forth to multiple planets to drop off a single item and just decided I was done. FU, Starports. ESO doesn't have anything that even comes close.

Zantox_sl

shitlord
You're hitting the simplest solution that would require the least investment of developer time and solve other issues too: reduce the campaign length from that ridiculous 90 days. With this exploit and a 90 day campaign length, the emperor could be some guild-nominated guy who goes through the motions of the exploit for a few hours and never steps foot in Cyrodiil again for the rest of the campaign. Drop the campaign length to 48 hours, and now for the exploit to work people will have to keep doing it every two days. Good luck keeping that up! People would get sick of it and just play the game.
Sorry if I was unclear - I meant that in any given day, your best 4 hour period is what counted for your daily score. Emperor would still be awarded after some amount of time (90 days seems too long to me, but maybe 2 weeks, a month?). So you would have 14 days added together (under a two week crowning) -- not just your 1 best 4 hour session over the whole period.

Also, I am not proposing a specific calc, Calaine, just that it not require 24/7 playing. For the calc, you'd have to do something like a combination of diminishing returns for killing or being killed by the same player/guild/party within a time period, plus Keep flips / points healed or tanked or whatever metrics you want to encourage. There is some formula in there (and honestly I don't know ESO well enough to guess what the formula should be), and it should ideally encourage group play (either formally as part of a guild / alliance / party, or like GW2 with its open party style system) and discourage win trading

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Time for someone to unlimber the Hero Engine argument, then!

While I didn't hate SWTOR, I can tell you one thing ESO has over it in spades: The designers of SWTOR went out of their way to add in long waits/run times/numerous trips back and forth on multiple occasions just to slow down player advancement. I can't remember which quest it was but there was something close to the endgame with my trooper that had me going back and forth to multiple planets to drop off a single item and just decided I was done. FU, Starports. ESO doesn't have anything that even comes close.
Yeah the time travel sinks were bad in SWTOR.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Two questions, is this releasing at the same time for pc and consoles and are console and pc players playing together?

And how does it run on low end machines.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
And how does it run on low end machines.
My PC is over 4.5 years old (June 2009) and it runs fine for me. i7 920, GTX275, ocz vertex2, 12G ram. I'm due for an upgrade, but when everything I want to play still runs perfectly I don't feel a need.

Haven't tried mass PvP though which might kill it but I hope it will hold up or it will be time to splash out another $2k.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on a pretty old PC with just a newer mid range GPU that I just bought and besides when their server is dying, have no problems in zerg vs zerg. Granted I did turn a few things down that I just don't care about when I'm pvping. I7-920, 8 GB ram and a GTX 760(was only $200). Not sure what people consider Low end these days though, considering I know people still game on p2s and old ass GPUs.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only had this past beta weekend to really get into the game and try things, but there are a couple things Im curious about. My apologies if some of this seems obvious or a no brainer for some of you. I just didnt have time to make it very far (lvl 14).

When we're looking at passives, and the passive saysabilities, is that referring to just Weapon abilities? Or does that include spells (both)?
"[Passive] Unholy Knowledge - Reduce the Magicka and Stamina costs of all abilities."
- If spells are applicable to that, does that ability stack with[Passive] Expert Mage - Reduces the cost of all lightning-based spells.?

Damage Done while stealthed, is that only applicable to physical weapons (ie. Bows, swords etc.) or does that include the Destruction Staff and/or spells? Though I can see the appeal behind use Snipe (with longshots passive), stealthed. Just a general question.

The Khajit racial "Carnage (3 ranks) - Increases Critical rating for melee attacks by (1/2/3)% and damage done by successful Critical Hits by (5/10/15)%."
- Although it clearly states that it increases the critical rating for melee attacks, is the "damage done" portion of the racial still specific to melee attacks? Or does the Critical multiplier apply to all Critical Hits, regardless of weapon/spell type?

This is just theory crafting question, but is there any point in having all item slots filled with the same armor type? Or is it more advantageous to mix and match. Say 5 Light Armor and 2 Medium for a Sorcerer? 5 Light armor for the Increase Crit Damage, and 2 Medium Armor for the Dexterity Passive bonus? Or is this just all relevant to how I play and what suits me?

On that same note, are there any Set Bonus armors in the game? Any that are known about, rather.

I cant seem to find any info on Werewolf, Vampire, Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves guild? Are they not in yet, or am I just not looking in the right places?

I have more questions, but I'll refrain and hope for the best from these.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Barely ran it in Ilum with 100 odd people AoEing? or barely ran it standing around in the starting zone?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mine barely ran SWOTOR so...how is this in comparison?
SWTOR ran very poorly in general. It was terribly optimized. I found joy out of the game for a while, but any lag you received was more so the games lack of optimization and not your low PC Score.

One of the guys I was playing with this past beta weekend was playing on an integrated graphics laptop with me at my House, for reference. The game loses just about all its beauty, but it did run well on Low Settings.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Who is ready to win some wars again?

It seems that every MMO that comes out this forum creates an upstart 'forum guild' for it that invariably fizzles out in a few months due to a lack of structure and recruitment. The serious players join serious guilds and the bored players move on. This is a travesty because these forums host the words of some of the most experienced and hardcore players in the world. This was different in GW2 where we combined the raw potential this forum has with the most rock steady guild in MMO history.

In GW2 over 200 people from Rerolled joined PRX and made history in that game. Together with the Titan Alliance we landed on the Henge of Denravi server and won the first 30 matches in a row and became the undisputed champions of the entire game. After Titan Alliance split up due to boredom we jumped to a lower tier server, Sea of Sorrows, that had a strong oceanic presence and was requesting some NA forces. After joining we went undefeated until we regained the #1 server position. We spent some time as champions and then traveled across the ocean to see what the European servers were like. The European scene had been dominated by Vizunah Square and we chose the goal of taking them out. We joined a second-tier server, Seafarer's Rest and after 5 hard weeks of fighting we knocked off Vizunah Square and became the best. However, due to connection issues we were forced back to a NA server. Our previous home, the Sea of Sorrows, was in first place so we chose a server that was losing a lot of matches, Jade Quarry. Once again we dethroned the champions and then made the choice to retire. After months of hard fighting we retired with a record of 72 wins and 4 losses. 55 of those wins were in tier 1 and we never came in third. A more verbose history can be read atPRX History. The legend can be hard to believe, but the hundreds of people here that were with us in GW2 know the truth of our victory.

Here's a group screenshot we took during GW2.
LBenL8V.jpg

Not only did we achieve glory but we had an incredibly fun time. I've had many people ask me if we're repeating this in TESO and the answer is most assuredly yes. TESO has its issues to be sure, but its PVP is high quality and there's glory to be won in it. The Rerolled community proved to be massive force in the GW2 war effort and I'd love if everyone here who wants to fight wars stands at my shoulder. However, PRX is not for everyone. If you don't want to be in a professional environment, it's not for you. If you don't enjoy being part of a constant war effort, it's not for you. If you want to talk your shit on forums instead of ingame, it's is not for you. But if you want to personally fight in the most epic and notable battles in GW2, then PRX is where you want to go.

If this sounds great and you want to really enjoy Cyrodiil for all its worth, then you'll need to go through our recruitment process. Going through the application process is a little antiquated but it's critical that you get access to our forums to see our plans and it's also useful for us to get to know you. If you're ready to win a war in an organized force,follow this processto post an application. Note that you are from Rerolled and if your desired name in GW2 differs from your forum name, please post it. I will respond to it vouching for you.

Also note that people from PRX, including me, are strictly forbidden from engaging in drama shit-talking on public forums like this one. There's going to be some very salty tears from some very sore losers come release, but we will only address them ingame. If you have any questions about PRX, please PM Tuco.
This post filled me with pride. I can see my little Asura bro in that shot. Sucks the culling basically killed the game for me.

Is there a beta test this weekend and does anyone have a spare key?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
SWTOR ran very poorly in general. It was terribly optimized. I found joy out of the game for a while, but any lag you received was more so the games lack of optimization and not your low PC Score.

One of the guys I was playing with this past beta weekend was playing on an integrated graphics laptop with me at my House, for reference. The game loses just about all its beauty, but it did run well on Low Settings.
Cool thanks, I didnt think I could run it so I didnt even bother with the beta weekends so far. Ill give it a shot then I guess.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Cool thanks, I didnt think I could run it so I didnt even bother with the beta weekends so far. Ill give it a shot then I guess.
I've been playing SWTOR lately, and load times for zones are 1-2 minutes. ESO has load times of 30 sec max. Bioware should be ashamed of what they did to the engine.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Curious since i'v enot kept up with their pricing model (and since i'm at work, it's hard to browse game sites here)
But are they still planning the $15 per month price option or are they opting for FTP now with microtrans?
Also, is the first month free or anything along those lines?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The current 1-10 focus and the changes from the last 2 patches are because all of thier internal surveys have shown them the same thing over and over. People who play the game for 1-6 hours 90% dislike the game. People who hang in and play for 10+ hours in thier surveys 90% like the game..
I really hate this kind of thinking, but I guess it's the wave of the future. I think they should design the game based on a vision and try to streamline based on the game they would want to play and valid small QA feedback. This kind of change makes me think the management doesn't actually play MMOs and are trying to make what should be an artistic endeavor into a simple game of database statistics.

The fact 90% of the people didn't like the 1-10 game and 90% liked 10+ could simply be that a lot of people do not want to play this game and didn't make it to 10+. For fuck sake, do these people listen to their beta testers?