The Elder Scrolls Online

Bruman

Golden Squire
Curious since i'v enot kept up with their pricing model (and since i'm at work, it's hard to browse game sites here)
But are they still planning the $15 per month price option or are they opting for FTP now with microtrans?
Also, is the first month free or anything along those lines?
$60 box with one month, $15 / month sub after that, cash shop for cosmetics, rumored FTP transition in about six months.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Answers posted in quote

I only had this past beta weekend to really get into the game and try things, but there are a couple things Im curious about. My apologies if some of this seems obvious or a no brainer for some of you. I just didnt have time to make it very far (lvl 14).

When we're looking at passives, and the passive saysabilities, is that referring to just Weapon abilities? Or does that include spells (both)?
"[Passive] Unholy Knowledge - Reduce the Magicka and Stamina costs of all abilities."
- If spells are applicable to that, does that ability stack with[Passive] Expert Mage - Reduces the cost of all lightning-based spells.?This affects both weapon and class abilities, and stacks additively as you mentioned. Keep in mind cost reduction has an aggregate softcap. (unsure at which point the softcap kicks in, but I've heard its around 20-25%)

Damage Done while stealthed, is that only applicable to physical weapons (ie. Bows, swords etc.) or does that include the Destruction Staff and/or spells? Though I can see the appeal behind use Snipe (with longshots passive), stealthed. Just a general question.I've tested this with spells, and before my spell connects with the target I break stealth and the bonus damage does not apply, I run a life siphon nightblade, so I figured stealth would affect the amount I could heal for based on lifedrain damage. It didn't work even though it was instant cast. Have not tested this with destruction staff skills.

The Khajit racial "Carnage (3 ranks) - Increases Critical rating for melee attacks by (1/2/3)% and damage done by successful Critical Hits by (5/10/15)%."
- Although it clearly states that it increases the critical rating for melee attacks, is the "damage done" portion of the racial still specific to melee attacks? Or does the Critical multiplier apply to all Critical Hits, regardless of weapon/spell type?

Damage done by crits applies to spells and melee attacks, khajiit is regarded as one of the strongest races in terms of passives currently because of this. Also Crit Damage is not soft capped.

This is just theory crafting question, but is there any point in having all item slots filled with the same armor type? Or is it more advantageous to mix and match. Say 5 Light Armor and 2 Medium for a Sorcerer? 5 Light armor for the Increase Crit Damage, and 2 Medium Armor for the Dexterity Passive bonus? Or is this just all relevant to how I play and what suits me?

This depends entirely on where your gaps in gear enchants come into play, as most of the armor piece bonuses are affected by the stat cap system. For instance, as front line healing CC nightblade, I take all heavy armor with magicka on it currently. Making sure to put points into the +armor and +resists passives per piece. This is meant to offset my heavy magicka stacking. Also keep in mind there are passives which require you to have atleast 5 worn pieces to become active.

On that same note, are there any Set Bonus armors in the game? Any that are known about, rather.

I want to say yes, but should leave this answer to the closed beta testers

I cant seem to find any info on Werewolf, Vampire, Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves guild? Are they not in yet, or am I just not looking in the right places?

Werewolves and Vamps are in - thieves and DB I don't think are. From what I can tell Werewolves and Vamps are Closed beta only at the moment. Check ESOhead for general skill descriptions.

I have more questions, but I'll refrain and hope for the best from these.
Don't hold back, if you need more indepth discussion you can PM me, or just post and I can get to it.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Answers posted in quote

Don't hold back, if you need more indepth discussion you can PM me, or just post and I can get to it.
In the crafting video, they talk about set armors. They are player-crafted, and can only be made at special locations throughout your alliances zones.

Vitality

HUSTLE
In the crafting video, they talk about set armors. They are player-crafted, and can only be made at special locations throughout your alliances zones.
Oh, okay, some of the crafting stations can be found in the "Torch" dungeons as far as what I heard in teamspeak this previous weekend. I didn't spend too much time crafting, outside of Enchanting.

Thanks for the info Rhino

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh, okay, some of the crafting stations can be found in the "Torch" dungeons as far as what I heard in teamspeak this previous weekend. I didn't spend too much time crafting, outside of Enchanting.
Thanks for your ansers, Vit.

Yea, I wanted to put some time into crafting but when I found out research is real time based just like Eve, I thought "thats pretty legit" and... This is beta and thats pointless right now. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of ESOHead. Much more informative than what Ive been looking at for basic information. I just didnt classify werewolves and vampires as World Skills when looking for them. Going to be so busy getting Sky Shards just to get all these Passives and their ranks.
tongue.png

Caliane

Yes, crafting sets are found in unique locations throughout the world.
some might be in torches, etc.

The one I found in the Daggerfall covenant zone, was just north of the main continent city.
The Wyrd sister area.
There is a house, and there is even a crafting node marked on the map. (which should be removed honestly. takes a bit away when its so obvious)

Actually crafting a piece, required 2 traits having been unlocked for each item type you wanted to craft.

And yeah, I doubt many players will mix and match armor given the passives.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Actually crafting a piece, required 2 traits having been unlocked for each item type you wanted to craft.

And yeah, I doubt many players will mix and match armor given the passives.
The higher level the zone you are in, the more traits that will be required to craft the set piece. I have been told the highest level crafting stations required you to have every trait researched.

There are also set armor pieces that are random loot drops for each zone.

In regard to mixing matching armor types, a lot of closed beta testers have posted they are wearing at least 2 pieces of each armor type while leveling up. This gives them the flexibility later on to have multiple build strategies based on armor. The expense of going this route is slowing down how fast you level armor skills.

Caliane

yeah. that was implied. probably should have been more specific in my word use too.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Apparently ZOS is getting a lot of whines from people who think addons are giving the people who use them an unfair advantage in PVP.

Paul Sage created a thread on the forums to get feedback on the issue. It's turned into a huge drama thread. There are only a couple of vehement anti-addon Gumps but they account for a lot of the posts in the thread. Hope ZOS doesn't listen to them.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Apparently ZOS is getting a lot of whines from people who think addons are giving the people who use them an unfair advantage in PVP.

Paul Sage created a thread on the forums to get feedback on the issue. It's turned into a huge drama thread. There are only a couple of vehement anti-addon Gumps but they account for a lot of the posts in the thread. Hope ZOS doesn't listen to them.
Interesting, would you mind posting some of the content here? This is very relevant to a good portion of us. Especially the Sage stuff.

Addons are fine but the API is way too wide open now. Here is an example I got off of reddit for a simple dirty hack that would let you auto interrupt:
Simple Steps to Build an Auto-Interrupt Bot based on Foundry Tactical Combat 1) Download/install AutoHotkey 2) Download/install Foundry Tactical Combat. 3) Write in a text file an AHK loop that checks the pixel where FTC's enemy castbar is, and sends a keypress if it finds BLUE (i.e. if PixelGetColor X, Y == #0000FF keypress(2)). 4) Open Castbar.lua from FTC and change line 78 from this: castbar:SetColor(0.2,0.2,0.6,0.9) to this: castbar:SetColor(0,0,1,1) Congratulations you have an auto-interrupt bot. (The code for part #3 is pseudocode, but there are plenty of tutorials for doing pixel checking macros that will explain what needs to happen there. The X, Y obviously need to be replaced by the real pixel coordinates.)
You can autofire spells based on classes in front of you. Stack macros 100 button pushes high with really complex botting procedures. I seriously doubt they are leaving all that functionality in the game because it would make PvP one big autohack nightmare.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont feel like it would be that big of a deal to just copy Blizzards stance on what you can and cannot do with Addons within this game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
for posterity, blizzard's stance is: "One action per key press per character". So if you're two-botting two shamans you can cast two frostshocks with one button press, but if you have one shaman you can't have one button press that drops a windfury totem and frostshocks.

Everquest's stance is: "Generally whatever goes, but you must be at your computer playing." An exception is made for mercenary farming.

There's really no way to avoid botting. They either monitor it and ban accounts enough that it's difficult for botters to justify the account investment to bot, or bots will be very common.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just want basic information. The current default UI is horrible and also suffers from consolitis with all the menus and things like the Q wheel.

I want to see nameplates, I want to see the damage and healing incoming and outgoing, I want to see buff and debuff timers etc. All basic information that imo I shouldn't have to find a addon for. Plus customize it to how I want my screen to look.

Yeah, don't we all know it. However, it's all made so much easier if you can plug into the API. That extra level of sophistication required to run a screengrabbing programmable bot runner prevents a lot of botting. If they can prevent it they should. I see no good reason for that level of tech to exist in the interface API.

The interface is certainly streamlined to the point of being fairly useless for PvP and that needs to be fixed but make the macros in the game too sophisticated and you will be left with a war among script kiddies and unemployed coders. (Admittedly, that would be kind of cool but I'd have to be a spectator in that war.)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
for posterity, blizzard's stance is: "One action per key press per character". So if you're two-botting two shamans you can cast two frostshocks with one button press, but if you have one shaman you can't have one button press that drops a windfury totem and frostshocks.

Everquest's stance is: "Generally whatever goes, but you must be at your computer playing." An exception is made for mercenary farming.

There's really no way to avoid botting. They either monitor it and ban accounts enough that it's difficult for botters to justify the account investment to bot, or bots will be very common.
How bout making a game that people actually want to play without botting?