The Elder Scrolls Online

Vitality

HUSTLE
Imo anything that I cast or hits me, I should be able to see. I don't need to see buffs on others,while its nice, so you know when not to unload on someone as they have a bunch of defensive abilities up, I can live without it. But I want to see my buffs or buffs I put on others, I want to see debuffs on me and I want to see debuffs I cast on others.
I'm pro choice also, I'd like the ability to choose what I want to see.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why? What exactly does it hurt, if I want to see what just hit me for 500 damage? Maybe I put up a defensive buff but still get hit with something super hard, I want to see what that was. It doesn't effect other players, its things happening to me. I don't need to see who cast it, but I would like to see what ability did it. Though not allowing the who cast it is quite silly. I'm in a 1v1 fight and can put my reticule over the other player and get his name and level but my combat log doesn't know who is hitting me.
because it instantly tells you what your fighting without even needing to see the player.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because it instantly tells you what your fighting without even needing to see the player.
You know that instantly when you see a spell graphic. There's only 4 classes, its every easy to know what is hitting you. Weapon wise, ranged have very tell tale graphics and melee obviously you will see instantly.

I use it for after battle analysis. What killed me, how hard did it hit etc. Am I dying to fire too easily or maybe physical moves?

It's even more needed in pve for when you get to harder bosses and if you do their raid content.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know that instantly when you see a spell graphic. There's only 4 classes, its every easy to know what is hitting you. Weapon wise, ranged have very tell tale graphics and melee obviously you will see instantly.
so you dont need the addon then. problem solved.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just fuck you to all the people that are okay with getting rid of addons. I am not even going to bother debating or responding to dipshits defending this crap. I still fucking can't believe people are dumb enough to defend the removing a combat log in a MMO. This game isn't dark souls you stupid fucks.

A huge part of WoW's success is allowing ui mods, why in the FUCK do these shitty goddamn companies copy everything fucking else but not that? Do you really think we want your shitty ass console ui? The fears of "autoplay" addons is just total bullshit.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/whoosh.

Addons are about taking data available and making it easier to see/read.
so if its available anyway, the addons arnt really needed. they are just a crutch.

Just fuck you to all the people that are okay with getting rid of addons. I am not even going to bother debating or responding to dipshits defending this crap. I still fucking can't believe people are dumb enough to defend the removing a combat log in a MMO. This game isn't dark souls you stupid fucks.
they didnt remove the combat log, they removed part of it and people act like the sky is falling.

khalid

Unelected Mod
they didnt remove the combat log, they removed part of it and people act like the sky is falling.
Yeah, because its fucking retarded. Again, this shit isn't Dark Souls. We should be able to have a custom fucking UI with good information. If you want to play without it, fine, but fuck you for fucking over everyone's UI so its dumbed down to the level you like. Again, fuck you and everyone like you. Goddamn so sick of dumb fucks like you getting mods and logs removed from games.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The removed the information regarding incoming damage and healing. Right now, supposedly, all you see is how much damage (not what kind), and how much healing (not from who or how).

Byr is pretty much being a dumbshit. People like to know if they are taking a lot of fire/cold/poison damage and then try to guard against it for the next time. Right now you can't do that at all.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This makes me wonder if part of it is to hide problems in combat. I know TOR removing the combat log made it alot harder to point out to morons how the combat system was dropping attacks and wasting GCDs. This change is making me go full Utnayan on this game. Fuck you zenimax, why are companies so fucking stupid? Is Blizzard really the only company that can make a decent MMO? Goddamn.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The removed the information regarding incoming damage and healing. Right now, supposedly, all you see is how much damage (not what kind), and how much healing (not from who or how).

Byr is pretty much being a dumbshit. People like to know if they are taking a lot of fire/cold/poison damage and then try to guard against it for the next time. Right now you can't do that at all.
people like to be lazy, doesnt mean you should encourage it. hell, most people dont even know what the change is. they just see everyone elses reaction and decide the sky is falling.

khalid

Unelected Mod
people like to be lazy
The lazy fuckers are the ones that support this shit, you know, like your lazy ass. You don't want to have to worry about setting up mods and because you are too lazy to do it, you want everyone else to have your shitty consolitis ui and zero useful info.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The lazy fuckers are the ones that support this shit, you know, like your lazy ass. You don't want to have to worry about setting up mods and because you are too lazy to do it, you want everyone else to have your shitty consolitis ui and zero useful info.
LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf.jpg

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

I also believe they stripped out the ability for addons like FCT with scrolling combat text to display what ability created your outgoing damage. Whereas before you would see "500 Ambush" now you only see "500".

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I also believe they stripped out the ability for addons like FCT with scrolling combat text to display what ability created your outgoing damage. Whereas before you would "500 Ambush" now you only see "500".
Really? that's dumb. But I thought I read you should be able to track your source of damage. The names of the abilities really doesn't matter to me on the SCT though. Logs would be nice though.

The only thing that befuddles me is the lack of a buff/debuff tracker.