The Elder Scrolls Online

esloan_sl

shitlord
Jesus H. fucking Christ.....

Both sides of this are fucking retarded and I am not just talking here, I am talking about every goddamn forum I go on. Its like republicans and democrats arguing about something. They can't compromise on anything.

Zenimax took a lot of functionality out of the UI. Some of you agree with that. Some of you do not. But why the fuck can't you agree thatsomeof what they took out actually fits with the ESO style and why can't the others of you admit that they took out too much? You guys are so invested in either your hate or love for the game you can't speak rationally about it. Its insane.

Oh, by the way......

I am fucking PISSED about chat bubbles too!

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
5. Another gem: "a completely fucked User Interface" Oh you mean the user interface that has been in Elder Scrolls for years? Noted, UT has never played an Elder Scrolls game.
Do you play ES games on the PC? I'm only asking because I don't know anyone who does play 'em on the PC without a modded UI.

But why the fuck can't you agree thatsomeof what they took out actually fits with the ESO style...
TBH I don't care about a game's style, or a developer's vision, if it makes the game less fun.

Blackwulf

N00b
You defended it, that's the point. The people making the bots are better at what they do then Teso Engineers anyway, this wont stop bots. You honestly should panic if you love Teso and the IP for constantly ignoring the beta testers. MMO's that are empty aren't very fun.
They don't constantly ignore beta testers. They've made a lot of changes based on feedback.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
They don't constantly ignore beta testers. They've made a lot of changes based on feedback.
Media feedback. PTS testers have been quite vocal about being ignored. Also...

jVEWrzn.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You haven't been in the PTS for a long time, have you?

Most of the major problems with TESO have been present for over a year since a lot of people started playing on the PTS. They consistently reported those problems only to be brushed aside like in mrmoneda's quote. The UI was actually functional back then but they stripped out the useful parts to support their vision.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
time to cancel your TESO pre-orders.
This is actually pretty common, especially with people who are long time testers. This was the last bad decision straw for a lot people. I think once Zenimax realizes how wrong their head designers have been about everything they'll spend a year trying to redesign the game and come out with some really stupid statement like:

You asked, we listened!

When the truth will be closer to, "You asked, we ignored you, everyone then didn't buy our DLC and told everyone not to buy our game so our bosses told us to stop fucking over the franchise so now we're making a token effort to mend things".

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You are fucking talking about chat bubbles? That's what you are critical about?

How about being forced to Segway into an instanceto even play the thing without a friends list or guild because the server isn't as advertised? Maybe you should start there and be critical of that instead. Ya think?
We've found the root cause of all TESO's woes!

rrr_img_63248.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm going with the opinions of long time posters who's opinions I respect. I might not always agree with their views on MMO's but I sure as hell know they don't have histories of defending everything from a game because they are so deeply in love with it.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I'm going with the opinions of long time posters who's opinions I respect. I might not always agree with their views on MMO's but I sure as hell know they don't have histories of defending everything from a game because they are so deeply in love with it.
Not that I in any way support the vast majority of the API changes but they have, indeed, on occasion, listened. Look at the changes in the start of the game, with the tutorial optional after the first run-through and then going directly to the alliance's major city, making the starter islands optionalish.

That said, the message from the community manager is really poorly worded. She needs some additional time on working on crisis communications.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not that I in any way support the vast majority of the API changes but they have, indeed, on occasion, listened. Look at the changes in the start of the game, with the tutorial optional after the first run-through and then going directly to the alliance's major city, making the starter islands optionalish.

That said, the message from the community manager is really poorly worded. She needs some additional time on working on crisis communications.
I'm sure they have made some changes, everything I have heard and read posted is that key feedback on major things basically got ignored. In some ways I feel bad for designers because they are getting pulled in multiple directions with these type of games and it has to be hard to figure out which feedback to listen to. Then you have full retard shit like totally gutting the UI and the dumb shit Wildstar did with making tits smaller. Those are the people designers need to just fucking ignore because it always ends badly when they listen to them. Let those people go pay 15 bucks a month to read a message board.

esloan_sl

shitlord
TBH I don't care about a game's style, or a developer's vision, if it makes the game less fun.
And that is certainly your perogative. I don't mind that they hew close to the ESO style with the UI but they need to include some basic MMO information there too. I completely agree that they went too far with this. They need to bring back the ability to see buffs and de-buffs on your own freaking character and, at least, de-buffs thatyouput on enemies. Not to have that information available is just not smart.

Take away my ability to see what class or spec an enemy is just by targeting him. I am fine with that.

Take away my ability to see exactly what spell they are casting without paying attention to the animation. I am fine with thatifthe animations are good enough and individual enough to be able to tell.

But I need to know easily my own buffs and de-buffs, I need to know easily what buffs and de-buffs a friendly has and I need to know, at least, what de-buffs I have put on an enemy. Not to allow these is just stupid.

I am wondering, and I may be completely off base here, if the reason they took some of this out of the API is because there is no way to display it in the stock UI? Their original statement indicated that they did not want people that use mods to have an advantage over those who do not. If that information is not available at all in the stock UI, it is an obvious advantage. Maybe there aim is to get that information into the stock UI (at least some of it) and then reopen the API a bit?

I really don't think the inability to see some of this information, whether through the stock UI or mods, will last long. Too many people want it and, especially in the case of buffs/de-buffs, it is really a requirement to do you job properly.

esloan_sl

shitlord
So, the beta servers are up and getting hammered. They are apparently testing the overflow server right now. It hit Reddit and there are tons of people trying to get in. Lmao.

rrr_img_63251.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ouch. Hope its going well, people will not like sitting in a queue, especially given they have no choice of simply choosing another server.

I laugh at the Community manager post. The API/UI decisions to me, have been purely done because a very vocal group of players complained. It has nothing to do with "vision". From what I've heard from long time PTS players, the default UI had all the information within it. Enter vocal group and they removed that information and told players "Don't worry, that's why we have addons, so you can see this information if you want it". Addons around forever, until that article hits and that same vocal crowd starts complaining again , so they remove it almost entirely.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Ouch. Hope its going well, people will not like sitting in a queue, especially given they have no choice of simply choosing another server.

I laugh at the Community manager post. The API/UI decisions to me, have been purely done because a very vocal group of players complained. It has nothing to do with "vision". From what I've heard from long time PTS players, the default UI had all the information within it. Enter vocal group and they removed that information and told players "Don't worry, that's why we have addons, so you can see this information if you want it". Addons around forever, until that article hits and that same vocal crowd starts complaining again , so they remove it almost entirely.
From what I understand, they purposefully introduced a queue to the test going on currently so they could test the overflow system. They are forcing people into the overflow and then letting them trickle into the megaserver to check functionality of the system. This is all from what I gather from Reddit, so take it with a grain of salt but it makes sense.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought the whole purpose of having a megaserver was to eliminate overcrowding and the needs for queues or overflows.

esloan_sl

shitlord
I am sure it is but on release, all bets are off. Every major MMO I have ever seen, no matter how many servers they throw at it, has problems on release day. This one will be no different, no matter what server tech they use.