The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well that's a shame. I specifically remember Tuco using you as a rallying cry with "That's Ut's guild, here's your chance to kill him." in GW2.
Haha I think if we run into goon squad in our campaign I'll probably ask people to stop and give them a hug, they're going through a tough time right now with their disastrous moderation and policies.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ok bought it will be able to play actually first week so let's do this. I can't wait to kick dirt into the plebs eyeballs with my horse and gay marriage rings of Mara.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I got now until April 9th off. Im going to try and level as much as I can and app to PRX.
App now, before they're all too busy leveling to invite a bunch of new folks
wink.png

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i should probably figure out if im going to jump in or not. i feel guilty paying full price for this game, lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i should probably figure out if im going to jump in or not. i feel guilty paying full price for this game, lol.
Could always just wait 1 or 2 days to see if the 2 major things were fixed(Quest and lag in the one full campaign) then buy.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
So you have to look for more artistic clues about buffs/debuffs. Who cares?

What were you hoping to get from the UI that you can't have now?
- You can see how much damage you just took, but not what kind of damage (fire/physical/magic -FYI some "fireball" spells don't do fire damage!) or from whom (which player hit you).
Every time I read some snip about watching/playing the game instead of the UI I want to ask "what are you talking about?" Burning oil, Searing Strike, Fiery breath and Sun Fire all have the same fucking debuff animation, but at least one of them can kill an ally in 3 ticks if not dispelled with an expensive as fuck purge. Puncture has a debuff that can lower your spell resistance by nearly 50%, so you may wanna block while it lasts, but you can't see debuffs on your own character,when you're hit with Puncture no part of the UI will tell you even with an add-on, and the Puncture debuff has no animation. None.
The underlined portion of that second quote is apparently wrong, via Paul Sage's recent commentary on the API changes. What I find hilarious about that, however, is that their recommendation to know about what is happening to your character or your enemyis to stare at health bars and ignore animations.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Miscellaneous General
Should our megaserver ever reach capacity, you will be presented with the option to either play on an overflow server (if the queue times have reached a sufficient length), or join the queue for the megaserver. Any progress made with your character on the overflow server will be saved for the next time you play on the megaserver. In order to optimize performance, the overflow server has the following features disabled:
Cyrodiil
Friends
Guilds (this includes related features such as guild bank and guild store)
So its an offline mode? Will assume you will have to log out and back in just to attempt to get back into the mega server, hit another queue and rinse/repeat.... very annoying. Given in a few weeks the playerbase will die down but still annoying.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So its an offline mode? Will assume you will have to log out and back in just to attempt to get back into the mega server, hit another queue and rinse/repeat.... very annoying. Given in a few weeks the playerbase will die down but still annoying.
A server - Has a limited amount of people that can join it. Puts people in queue to access it if it is full.

A megaserver - Has a limited amount of people that can join it. Puts people in queue to access it if it is full. Has different shards/servers to handle overflow while you wait to join the megaserver.

Also not a new thing to break servers down to different shards/phases that players can switch between on the whim.

rrr_img_63524.jpg

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It's tough always being right. ..

If you puncture armor, you can see that overlayed on the health bar of your opponent as a "cracked" graphic. If you or your opponent is powered up, you will see a bright aura around the health bar. If you are suffering from a DOT, you will see arrows representing a decrease overlayed on your health bar. Further, we have animation, sounds, and particle effects in world to give you further clues as to what is happening. We believe these actually represent your state and that of your opponents much more clearly than icons.
I don't recall seeing any of that when I played, although granted I only made it to level 15.

I actually don't mind the setup and I'm happy not to play the UI game, as the world is gorgeouss and the game is fun to me, but I can see where they need to find middle ground.

A server - Has a limited amount of people that can join it. Puts people in queue to access it if it is full.

A megaserver - Has a limited amount of people that can join it. Puts people in queue to access it if it is full. Has different shards/servers to handle overflow while you wait to join the megaserver.

Also not a new thing to break servers down to different shards/phases that players can switch between on the whim.
Easy Captain Jaded. Megaserver tech has never been done before and as the initial rush dies down, it's going to mean anyone can play with their friends and guild at any time and not have to worry about what server they are one. Try not to be the guy that does the whole "oh yes, me and mah fedora have seen it all" thing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Also, jesus, how can you support a game that says they aren't interested in experts or minmaxers? Holy fuck, people complain Blizzard caters to casuals, at least they don't tell expert players to fuck off.
Didn't GC tell casuals to fuck off if they couldn't handle heroic dungeons in Cata early on?