The Elder Scrolls Online

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
No, you were right about what reasons they were giving for limiting the API. You take Paul Sage at his word,most of us blame him for torpedoing a massively budgeted game built on a loved franchise.
/thread

But seriously, this fucking franchise is beloved as fuck. I hate the games past Morrowind, but still play them because they arethe Elder Scrolls.

I've played it a bit, and was about to jump in with the wife since her friends are playing, but after this newest round of nonsense, coupled with the jankyness of beta, we are gonna wait out the launch and see what it looks like in the wild.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They might be doing this to cater to the ESO fanboys which might stick around for quite awhile. I think they know the good players will most likely leave within 3 months. I'm amazed how suddenly within two weeks of launch they have a vision on stuff being elder scrollish. They obviously didn't have that vision for 7 years making the game.

spronk

FPS noob
I was right about their reasons for limiting the API. Reading the reactions on here is delicious though. Talk about some rustled feathers! Sheesh guys it'll be okay!
Years from now, when launch buyers of TESO wander the streets homeless and unloved, bitterly regretting their poor decision to buy The Elder Scrolls Online, you will face retribution for your staunch defense of this game. Food will taste like ash, drink will hold no succor, the touch of a human will bring no relief. Your insides will burn a thousand times hotter than the sun, for the misery you have inflicted upon millions of innocent noobs, who just wanted to slay some dragons. Women and children will weep at the sight of you, as your name is hollowed as the betrayer of gamers. YOU WILL HAVE NO JOY OR PITY OR LOVE, BUT BE DOOMED TO WANDER THE PLANES OF TORMENT FOR AN ETERNITY, YOUR UNHINGED JAWS ENDLESSLY WAILING UPON THE CHOICES YOU HAVE MADE.

Or just start talking about how Fallout Online is gonna be the next greatest MMO ever made, whateva.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Years from now, when launch buyers of TESO wander the streets homeless and unloved, bitterly regretting their poor decision to buy The Elder Scrolls Online, you will face retribution for your staunch defense of this game. Food will taste like ash, drink will hold no succor, the touch of a human will bring no relief. Your insides will burn a thousand times hotter than the sun, for the misery you have inflicted upon millions of innocent noobs, who just wanted to slay some dragons. Women and children will weep at the sight of you, as your name is hollowed as the betrayer of gamers. YOU WILL HAVE NO JOY OR PITY OR LOVE, BUT BE DOOMED TO WANDER THE PLANES OF TORMENT FOR AN ETERNITY, BITTERLY REGRETTING THE CHOICES YOU HAVE MADE.

Or just start talking about how Fallout Online is gonna be the next greatest MMO ever made, whateva.
This is where I will go after Rich Vogel with the same gust as Paul Sage, and this will all start again for another 2 years
frown.png
Actually, at that point I do not think I will care anymore. Especially if Sage gets transferred to him, which I think will likely happen if not planned out already.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think you can resist the temptation. It would be like Sean not playing consoles anymore.

Blackwulf

N00b
Years from now, when launch buyers of TESO wander the streets homeless and unloved, bitterly regretting their poor decision to buy The Elder Scrolls Online, you will face retribution for your staunch defense of this game. Food will taste like ash, drink will hold no succor, the touch of a human will bring no relief. Your insides will burn a thousand times hotter than the sun, for the misery you have inflicted upon millions of innocent noobs, who just wanted to slay some dragons. Women and children will weep at the sight of you, as your name is hollowed as the betrayer of gamers. YOU WILL HAVE NO JOY OR PITY OR LOVE, BUT BE DOOMED TO WANDER THE PLANES OF TORMENT FOR AN ETERNITY, YOUR UNHINGED JAWS ENDLESSLY WAILING UPON THE CHOICES YOU HAVE MADE.

Ahhh, Spronk, now I like you. Yes, this too shall pass; one day people will unrustle and realize that the sky has not fallen.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Genius, read the next sentence after the one you highlighted.
Dipshit, I left it there so you could see he said "Maybe in the future, we might change it". That is a FAR cry from saying they will. This, right after they said that everything is allowed that they want.

I mean, goddamn bro, you don't have to defend everything.

Vitality

HUSTLE
God this was fun to read. +nets

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's ok. I think everyone here knows how full of shit he was from the beginning. It's way more evident now.

They won't back down either. This is the infalliable Paul Sage we are talking about. Where 99% of the team is wondering how the hell one guy can think he is so right in the face of ever conclusive evidence he isn't. Including declined sales numbers. He'll be at Zynga or Battlecry within 2 months.
My inside source says 99.99% of the development team fully agrees with Paul Sage and thinks he is a great boss. My fictional statistic is 0.99% higher than your fictional statistic so it has to be the more accurate of the fictional exaggerations right?

Curious to know why you have so much irrational hatred for this guy. You act like a jilted lover or someone who he fired.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
My inside source says 99.99% of the development team fully agrees with Paul Sage and thinks he is a great boss. My fictional statistic is 0.99% higher than your fictional statistic so it has to be the more accurate of the fictional exaggerations right?

Curious to know why you have so much irrational hatred for this guy. You act like a jilted lover or someone who he fired.
Anyone who just read what you wrote and works on his team and posts here (There are many) and others in the industry, are laughing at this right now. He is notorious.

And quite obviously, they are not like that to his face, because if anyone said anything, they would be blackballed in the industry because the industry doesn't like that sort of thing.

That's good you have the inside track with the janitor though. Paul Sage may have left him some of his Ham and swiss on Wheat when he left the office at 4 when everyone else is in crunch mode!

Blackwulf

N00b
Dipshit, I left it there so you could see he said "Maybe in the future, we might change it". That is a FAR cry from saying they will. This, right after they said that everything is allowed that they want.

I mean, goddamn bro, you don't have to defend everything.
I don't defend everything. I agree with this stance because I like to pvp and I don't want even one asshole I run into to be running bots. Simple.

Some things I don't like:

Stat soft caps, no nameplates, no cloaks, easy respeccing, 90 day campaigns, no spear, 4 base classes, racial stats that could be more meaningful.... I could go on, but believe it or not I think the good far outweigh the bad.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
This is where I will go after Rich Vogel with the same gust as Paul Sage, and this will all start again for another 2 years
frown.png
Actually, at that point I do not think I will care anymore. Especially if Sage gets transferred to him, which I think will likely happen if not planned out already.
Dunno who this Paul Sage guy is really, but based on everything I've read you guys say about him... just keep him the fuck away from EQN/L just to be safe.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I like to pvp and I don't want even one asshole I run into to be running bots. Simple.

Stat soft caps, no nameplates, no cloaks, easy respeccing, 90 day campaigns, no spear, 4 base classes, racial stats that could be more meaningful.... I could go on, but believe it or not I think the good far outweigh the bad.
How many times do we have to explain to you that this HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOTS. This will not stop bots, at fucking all. Bots don't fucking use ingame shit, they read directly from memory.

If they wanted to stop autocasting macros or the like, they can do that by making the API not able to activate abilities, just like WoW did a long time ago.

Please, stop repeating this BS about it being used to stop bots or autocasting shit. That is a bullshit excuse. It isn't simply Utnayan telling you this. It is from people that supported this game before this change.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't defend everything. I agree with this stance because I like to pvp and I don't want even one asshole I run into to be running bots. Simple.

You forgot no chat bubbles

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forgot no chat bubbles
This makes me laugh. I see it in every game too. I swear I do not get the appeal of chat bubbles. It's even weirder in this game when they want minimalist UI but then want all these chat bubbles popping up on the screen anytime someone talks.

Vitality

HUSTLE
This makes me laugh. I see it in every game too. I swear I do not get the appeal of chat bubbles. It's even weirder in this game when they want minimalist UI but then want all these chat bubbles popping up on the screen anytime someone talks.
The purity of the elderscrolls shall not be tainted by such things as chat bubbles and functional interfaces.

Let's not forget that in previous ES games we could actually view debuffs under 30 seconds in the character pane. (Think eating an alchemy item and seeing the reduced magicka for 00:08 on your character sheet)

Seems legit, the purity of this game that is.

I can't wait for them to remove the action bar entirely. Because, that isn't in line with the purity of the elderscrolls franchise.

I feel like pants have now become hats.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Hilarious thing is they copy the leveling and theme park stuff tossing out what makes an elder scrolls game special. Then tosses out the part mmo players enjoy (information in the ui) to compensate for all the "this doesn't feel like an elder scrolls game" to make some basterdized hybrid.

Good call.