The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How does having better reading comprehension skills make me a shill?

You are allowing yourself to get all hung up on semantics. Trials are 12 man PVE raids. Period. End of Story. In addition to traditional MMO raid mechanics, one twist TESO is adding is that the raid is timed. Now the hardcore raiding guilds can swing their epeen by having their clear time posted for the entire world to see. The fact that there is a leaderboard ranking clear times doesn't change the fact it is still fundamentally a 12 man PVE raid.
Better reading comprehension? You must mean you have a more vivid imagination than I do, because I see no reference to anything that could be considered a 'raid' to anyone who has played an MMORPG other than Marvel Heroes.

People think you are a shill because you seem to exist on some alternate plane of perception where time trials are raids and Hamburgers eat people.

If the instanced time trials off of the AVs are in fact raids, that's fucking awesome and I'm pumped for it. But they have given no indication that that's what they are. Quite the opposite. They actually went out of their way to never even use the word 'raid' once.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
And this is why people think you are a shill.

In aTrial, you will have a limited number of resurrections, known as a Soul Reservoir. Too many resurrections mean that you have failed thetrial. It takes a lot of coordination to survive aTrial. The enemies you face in aTrialwill be difficult, while the surroundings are some of the most beautiful places in ESO. Provided you do survive and make it to the end of aTrial, your group might make it to theleaderboard.Trialshave arunning clockand mistakes, including deaths, can add atime penalty. Turn in a greattime, however, and you might make it to the top of theleaderboard. If you fail, your group canrestart and try again.

Is it more clear for you now?
I am not sure how he, or anyone, equates trials to a raid. This is more like Wow's dungeon challenges in 12 man fashion. For all we know, this could have the substance of Survivor mode in Mass Effect 3.

Better reading comprehension? You must mean you have a more vivid imagination than I do, because I see no reference to anything that could be considered a 'raid' to anyone who has played an MMORPG other than Marvel Heroes.

People think you are a shill because you seem to exist on some alternate plane of perception where time trials are raids and Hamburgers eat people.

If the instanced time trials off of the AVs are in fact raids, that's fucking awesome and I'm pumped for it. But they have given no indication that that's what they are. Quite the opposite. They actually went out of their way to never even use the word 'raid' once.
We all know what they are going to be... they are going to be kill the mobs fast as they get shot at you from the mob gun - just like every trial event ever.

Gonna make some people cry now:

Luclin RING OF FIRE

Vitality

HUSTLE
I dont agree with everything you say but this is a legit post. Some of your concerns are worthy of consideration. I say to you, the game has not even released yet. More data and statistics will be collected as time passes. Perhaps the devs will change their minds at some time. Control of the UI is clearly a battle between the devs and the UI community and and it may come to be that eventually the devs cant hold back the loud cries from the players who want to mod the game.

On another note, there seems to be two sides in this argument. One side wants more information in order to make the game more technical. The other side doesnt care and heres why, they are playing for immersion, and a cluttered or ugly UI hurts immersion and takes away from the intended look of the game. Now, as a minMaxer or achiever gamer, that might strike you as odd or downright stupid, (who plays for immersion??) but its a fact.

This whole discussion about the UI and modding is a big distraction. I'd rather get into discussions about Adventure Zones, or ideas to make PvP and Cyr better/funner. Guys, it's a game, were supposed to enjoying this, haha. Some of the lames in this thread act like they are personally affected by design divisions. Gimme a break! All this just throws shade on real discussion.

Viva Chat Bubbles!
Discussion on making PVP "Funner":

Here's a start, let me be able to tell the difference between a DK Talons hit for 50dmg/sec and Burning Oil 600dmg/sec. Because right now I have the same number of < 's on my hp bar, and I'm under the same copy paste burning particle effect.

Thanks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My definition of raid includes content done by two or more groups. UBRS is raid content. Karazhan is raid content. These 12man dungeons are raid content.

I get why people would want that number to be higher than 20, 30 or 50, but multigroup=raid to me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And yeah, I totally agree that these adventure zones should be FFA pvp with high value resources to fight over.

You need 20 arcanite crystals for your arcanite reaper? There's the 5 nodes that can generate them in this PVP map. Everyone else wants them too. Good luck.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

As much criticism as the haters here have spewed towards TESO not doing anything innovative, do you really think ZOS is going to do anything significantly different than standard MMO raid boss mechanics? A trial will likely have X number of raid boss encounters and I'm guessing the raid force will move thru the trial in linear fashion. I assume the gear drops will be on par or better than the best VR10 crafted gear that is purple quality and the raid boss might drop one legendary quality item.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Or you stand in one instance spot killing hordes of Imperials lasting as long as you can while the timer ticks down.

CAN YOU LAST 45 MINUTES!?

No Source.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
As much criticism as the haters here have spewed towards TESO not doing anything innovative, do you really think ZOS is going to do anything significantly different than standard MMO raid boss mechanics? A trial will likely have X number of raid boss encounters and I'm guessing the raid force will move thru the trial in linear fashion. I assume the gear drops will be on par or better than the best VR10 crafted gear that is purple quality and the raid boss might drop one legendary quality item.
You are basing this on nothing but conjecture and your own expectations, not actual facts.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm basing it off of playing numerous MMOs over the past 16 years. WTF else do you expect a 12 man raid force to do except fight raid boss encounters?
Quaid is right. They also never said raid. They saidtrials.With atime attachment to it, and a leaderboard. That instantly says, "Try to run this as fast as possible for your new high score in Pac-man", or, "Here comes a horde of shit, kill it in the time specified", or,maybeit means here is an actual raid with 12 people and what * should * have been said in the press release was then, "Hey guys. Within adventure zones we have 12 man raid content. They are timed for some side track leaderboard fun, but the main concept here will be to gain new loot from epic monsters in challenging content. Also, you can only res here a few times and it is challenging in many other ways".

Instead, he may as well said there is an instanced race track in the Adventure Zone and you can race a mounted pet with 12 people.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You would think they would actually use the word "raid" in the description. Sounds like a gauntlet time trail with more people. I don't see anywhere in that description that describes your traditional raid or raid boss encounter. If there is that's good but you would think they would actually mention that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind scores/timing because I like competition and a reason for people to hurry the fuck up, but I agree with the negative sentiment that having timed raids can be a bad omen because it may lead to sloppy and boring implementation.

The ideal way raids are generated is when developers look at some lore and say, "This is larger than life, epic level stuff. We aren't going to let small groups of mere mortals band together and defeat it. If they want to take out this badass in our story they're going to need to amass an army and possibly go on an epic adventure through difficult content to even approach the boss.". The implementation works out after that.

What I've read sounds like some devs said, "Let's make up a bunch of bullshit into the TESO lore and have some bullshit ring timed event. With a leaderboard."

As an addendum, if I can't fight Molag Bal, Akatosh etc, then the PVE in TESO blows.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You would think they would actually use the word "raid" in the description. Sounds like a gauntlet time trail with more people. I don't see anywhere in that description that describes your traditional raid or raid boss encounter. If there is that's good but you would think they would actually mention that.
Gauntlet legends was so fun, man.. is ESO gonna be Gauntlet Legends: Online?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
FFXIV? You mean after they took it down, remade it, and re-released it after the worst launch in MMO history?
To have the second worst launch in history. But I still made buddies and peace with Mkopec1 so it was worth it. Now we just need to find another game to play.

(Although it was a mini game trying to figure out how to log in with scripts running in two windows of the login screen, and battling EU/NA key syndrome where I lost my beta guys)

When I was in the game, it wasn't anything new, but I still liked it a bit.