The Elder Scrolls Online

Vitality

HUSTLE
God if this is what raiding is like, I don't want to do it.

I mean there's twelve guys trying to down a shill boss, and an anti-shill boss. It's so much work. It's gotta be a raid though right? I mean there's 12 guys in here.

That means you guys are raiding Raiding right?
ESO Thread: Raid on Shillington?

I'm so confused, what kind of loot are you getting for this raid?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a shitty PR release. No need to be that fucking vague. All they had to do was including something like this and we wouldn't even be arguing about this shit.

rrr_img_63536.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd pay to see a reality series with UT and Blackwulf forced to live and play ESO together.

esloan_sl

shitlord
It's a shitty PR release. No need to be that fucking vague. All they had to do was including something like this and we wouldn't even be arguing about this shit.

rrr_img_63536.jpg
Yep. That I would totally agree with. They told us very little. They really aren't good at the whole PR thing. So many missteps in that regard.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
God if this is what raiding is like, I don't want to do it.
There is a bizarre trend lately of games introducing multi-group instances where they just dump mass amounts of common spawns in and have you and your group swarm through the area AOE killing them all... Then, after you are done zerging the ever living fuck out of everything you see THE BOSS SPAWNS. This 'boss' has abilities on par with 1999 era Vox/Nagafen, has no scripted event at all, and is totally underwhelming. When you are done zerging him down, you collect your instanced loot. Oh, and there's a fucking timer of some sort.

Compare the above scenario to what Molten Core was as an overall experience, and I think some understanding might be shed on why people define 'trials' and 'raids' differently.

One of the above scenarios requires thought, time, money, creativity, testing, and balancing and the other does not (or at least far less). The question is which do you think got implemented within the last 6 months by Zenimax?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I have a source.

(No source)
Well, even I do not have a source for this one. So maybe it is time to tell your source to quit being so fucking obtuse with it's player base, treating them like 5 year olds, and just say what the fuck is going to be in the damn thing so people know what they are buying.

esloan_sl

shitlord
There is a bizarre trend lately of games introducing multi-group instances where they just dump mass amounts of common spawns in and have you and your group swarm through the area AOE killing them all... Then, after you are done zerging the ever living fuck out of everything you see THE BOSS SPAWNS. This 'boss' has abilities on par with 1999 era Vox/Nagafen, has no scripted event at all, and is totally underwhelming. When you are done zerging him down, you collect your instanced loot. Oh, and there's a fucking timer of some sort.

Compare the above scenario to what Molten Core was as an overall experience, and I think some understanding might be shed on why people define 'trials' and 'raids' differently.
That doesn't make me view 'trials' and 'raids' differently. It makes me view 'poor raids' and 'good raids' differently and I 100% agree that the Trials might be a shitty raid, we don't have enough information to know.

Btw, what games are you referring to as a trend here? Most MMOs I have played recently have decent raids, with scripted bosses and such.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good point. Here is esloan's new bar for what a raid is. After a fantastic 3 phase encounter. Esloan go google ICC 10,25 raid and there is your definition.

Fall of the Lich King Ending - YouTube

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Also, if you are considering not pre-ordering TESO because you can play Hearthstone, a F2P card game, I don't know what to say to that. I mean,Hearthstoneis okay and all but.. it's fucking free.

Unless you're planning on dropping $60 into that like some dumbass, what does one have to do with the other?
1. Time is a consideration. Both games require extensive grinding to be any good. I am already playing Landmark no matter what so my time is getting thin.

2. I dont care about dropping 60-80$. It's not an issue.

3. Im getting ESO. 3 Day head start and I'm in.

Vitality

HUSTLE

One of the above scenarios requires thought, time, money, creativity, testing, and balancing and the other does not (or at least far less). The question is which do you think got implemented within the last 6 months by Zenimax?
Bro we all know they spent the last 6 months on the tutorial.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I agree with you that Heartstone is a fantastic online card game.

Make sure to check out some of the deck builder sites. There are some killer hunter decks out there.

Sorry for the derail - back to bitching about what defines a raid, accessibility, and our new topic, Smoke Screens in the industry. Why they are used, what the purpose is, and why they are so important. We will have a closed door meeting about this, to define what a smoke screen is and how it can be deployed. If you can answer the bonus question: When was this tactic first used in the MMORPG genre?" You will be rewarded with a Paul Sage autographed poster.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I consider this a must. If a company refuses to have some kind of free, open beta stress test right before release- we all know some kind of shenanigans is going on.
Also, do you agree with your previous statement from the fall of 2013? This was posted here in this very thread.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many people were in the last weekend? I would guess quite a lot, since once you got a key you were able to keep playing and they kept giving keys out. I dunno, that seems like a decent free open beta test. It doesn't require you to just let anyone download and play.

Though I do think they should of made these last 2 patches before the last weekend to let players hit it hard.

Vitality

HUSTLE
How many people were in the last weekend? I would guess quite a lot, since once you got a key you were able to keep playing and they kept giving keys out. I dunno, that seems like a decent free open beta test. It doesn't require you to just let anyone download and play.

Though I do think they should of made these last 2 patches before the last weekend to let players hit it hard.
That feel when you load into cold harbor and the weapons on the tables are un-interactable due to untested megaserver load. :-:emoji_nose:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Umm, did you actually read it?
I'd read it, if the shit website didn't send me back to the Age Gate every time I click on the "ESO Veteran Content" vignette, then back to the homepage.
An AZ is a zone designed for a 4 man group but inside the AZ are portals to instanced 12 man raid content.
No, there's portals to the instanced 12 man "Challenge Mode on Steroids that yield no specific reward - yet" (since you can retry as much as you want, better have no reward)

You know, you can't be a shill. A shill wouldn't be that confrontational and obtuse.