The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'd be surprised if he didn't buy it.

At the end of the day, and no matter what gets said on these boards, Ut is a gamer just like the rest of us. There are plenty of lulz to be had in TESO RvRvR, and he'd be missing out on what will probably be a hilariously fun launch.

There will surely be a few twats who give him a hard time over purchasing after railing against it so hard, though. There always are, and they always sound absurd. Time is a flat circle.
I'll trade Rings of Mara with him if he gets the Imperial edition.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda crazy how big the teso folder is, 58GB is huge.
It's mostly because you have 2 installs : check your files, if you play from US you'll have a "live" folder, and from Eu a "liveeu" folder. Just delete the one not from your region.

Given your post history, I'm pretty surprised you've bought the game. You seemed pretty negative.
I still think the game isn't good at all : its production feels rushed, it has gone through Development Hell with amateur game design decisions and its endgame PvP is IMO the lowest common denominator out there (herp derp instanced RvR-like PvP with keeps and sieges). That being said, I'm a MMO launch addict : I like launch rushes, buying 2 weeks of groceries, taking vacation and nerding my way through content with some friends. I can't really explain it, especially when I have so much low expectations about the game's future. I just like that moment when everyone and their garden table is busy leveling their toons and discovering stuff. I don't really care about TESOs endgame PvE content since I already have a WoW account in a nice guild therefore I can dwell into raiding PvE progress race anytime. I just care about PvP, finding OP builds, figuring tricks and interacting with people (killing or be killed).

I've grown up with Star Wars Galaxies when any PvP battle had huge incentive (lol ressources wars) and any PvP death was meaningful (especially if you where a pre patch 1.9 Jedi). Then some day, WoW came around, with x1000 better combat gameplay, but no real incentive and any death is just a corpse run. Nowadays, "massive PvP" means right-clicking on keep doors or hitting walls with siege weapons. Therefore, if you can bother some lads with killing them (I know it's all about pissing on the same street lamp after all) and then make them corpse run / using someone's ressource to get rezzed, it's all fair. It's what it's all about. TESO wise I know there are already OP builds going around, exploits and "clever use of game mechanics". Call me a shill or whatever but if I can have a okay-ish 1-2 weeks gaming experience for $60, I'd sign up anytime, especially in a business where most of $80 console games would get 4 hours of true enjoyment.

I know it's not the "good" thing to do,people vote with their walletsand such. But let's not forget vydia gaming nowadays is ridden by post 1970' Hollywood rules. It's all about shortend profits. Voting with your wallet is like pirating Avengers movie : no one really cares. Rioting against this wouldn't make a point. It's like calling for Candy Crush boycot. It's how the market rolls, we're having a lot of "mediocre" products because gaming has gone massive, it's not a nerd niche anymore, it sells more than cinema. Is TESO the new Avengers ? It will most likely sells lots of units. Subscriptions ? They're like the cherry on a lasagne with fries top. It's bonus. They don't care about suscribers, it costs too much (both development and human ressources) to keep income beyond the 1st months grace period. They're not in for the long run, as Utnayan said, they're here to make a hit and move on to the next hit. God, I'm saying Utnaynan was, at some point, right. Che Guevara's gaming aside, maybe we've come to a time where experience is more valuable than the product itself.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I bought this finally, I had too much fun with PRX despite the blandness of GW2, so this should be worth more than the price of admission. I'm fully aware of most of the games flaws. But I havent touched any betas so this will be 100% new to me! I'll assuredly come up with some horrible gimped character who sucks at everything and specializes in nothing. Good times ahead!

/puts on his Poopsocking hat

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still think the game isn't good at all : its production feels rushed, it has gone through Development Hell with amateur game design decisions and its endgame PvP is IMO the lowest common denominator out there (herp derp instanced RvR-like PvP with keeps and sieges). That being said, I'm a MMO launch addict : I like launch rushes, buying 2 weeks of groceries, taking vacation and nerding my way through content with some friends. I can't really explain it, especially when I have so much low expectations about the game's future. I just like that moment when everyone and their garden table is busy leveling their toons and discovering stuff. I don't really care about TESOs endgame PvE content since I already have a WoW account in a nice guild therefore I can dwell into raiding PvE progress race anytime. I just care about PvP, finding OP builds, figuring tricks and interacting with people (killing or be killed).

I've grown up with Star Wars Galaxies when any PvP battle had huge incentive (lol ressources wars) and any PvP death was meaningful (especially if you where a pre patch 1.9 Jedi). Then some day, WoW came around, with x1000 better combat gameplay, but no real incentive and any death is just a corpse run. Nowadays, "massive PvP" means right-clicking on keep doors or hitting walls with siege weapons. Therefore, if you can bother some lads with killing them (I know it's all about pissing on the same street lamp after all) and then make them corpse run / using someone's ressource to get rezzed, it's all fair. It's what it's all about. TESO wise I know there are already OP builds going around, exploits and "clever use of game mechanics". Call me a shill or whatever but if I can have a okay-ish 1-2 weeks gaming experience for $60, I'd sign up anytime, especially in a business where most of $80 console games would get 4 hours of true enjoyment.

I know it's not the "good" thing to do,people vote with their walletsand such. But let's not forget vydia gaming nowadays is ridden by post 1970' Hollywood rules. It's all about shortend profits. Voting with your wallet is like pirating Avengers movie : no one really cares. Rioting against this wouldn't make a point. It's like calling for Candy Crush boycot. It's how the market rolls, we're having a lot of "mediocre" products because gaming has gone massive, it's not a nerd niche anymore, it sells more than cinema. Is TESO the new Avengers ? It will most likely sells lots of units. Subscriptions ? They're like the cherry on a lasagne with fries top. It's bonus. They don't care about suscribers, it costs too much (both development and human ressources) to keep income beyond the 1st months grace period. They're not in for the long run, as Utnayan said, they're here to make a hit and move on to the next hit. God, I'm saying Utnaynan was, at some point, right. Che Guevara's gaming aside, maybe we've come to a time where experience is more valuable than the product itself.
afk, going on a shooting spree in some developers office.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a Templar can be a Tank? And still do some party heals while tanking? That is what I really want. Like a warrior priest in Warhammer, or some of the builds in Rift. I would guess heavy armor shield and 1 hander and some support skills would at least be group viable?

esloan_sl

shitlord
So a Templar can be a Tank? And still do some party heals while tanking? That is what I really want. Like a warrior priest in Warhammer, or some of the builds in Rift. I would guess heavy armor shield and 1 hander and some support skills would at least be group viable?
Yes. Every class can tank. Be aware, however, that tanking is not like tanking in other MMOs. You can't really hold aggro on multiple targets like you can in other MMOs. DPS and heals are going to need to kite and do a bi of tanking on their own. Main tanks can hold aggro on the boss pretty well but not on every mob in the fight.

This is from my limited experience and from the stuff I have read, so I may not be completely correct.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yes. Every class can tank. Be aware, however, that tanking is not like tanking in other MMOs. You can't really hold aggro on multiple targets like you can in other MMOs. DPS and heals are going to need to kite and do a bi of tanking on their own. Main tanks can hold aggro on the boss pretty well but not on every mob in the fight.

This is from my limited experience and from the stuff I have read, so I may not be completely correct.
Partially correct, certain tanks, IE: Nightblade AE siphon tank can hold group threat decently as they're generating both healing and magick damage threat in one cast. This can also be casted while holding block with a 1h/shield combo.

?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm, Nightblade tanks. I adored the Riftstalker tank in Rift. This could be fun. I need to get class info! Thanks Vitality!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought this finally, I had too much fun with PRX despite the blandness of GW2, so this should be worth more than the price of admission. I'm fully aware of most of the games flaws. But I havent touched any betas so this will be 100% new to me! I'll assuredly come up with some horrible gimped character who sucks at everything and specializes in nothing. Good times ahead!

/puts on his Poopsocking hat
yep only reason I bought it this early too.

Caliane

haha. MMO cycle.
Everyone comes out of the woodwork to shovel cash at these shitty mmos time and time again. 1 month later bitch and claim the game is/was boring, and/or exactly like WoW.
Til the next one comes around and then its "I'm having fun, its only 60..70.. $90.."

bayr_sl

shitlord
haha. MMO cycle.
Everyone comes out of the woodwork to shovel cash at these shitty mmos time and time again. 1 month later bitch and claim the game is/was boring, and/or exactly like WoW.
Til the next one comes around and then its "I'm having fun, its only 60..70.. $90.."
How do they expect anything to change when they keep buying shitty MMOs

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
haha. MMO cycle.
I only paid $48!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How do they expect anything to change when they keep buying shitty MMOs
Box sales might recoup some of the initial investment, but the cash cow is with a steady income from monthly subs and microtransactions. You don't get that from pumping up a dumb game that everyone leaves after a month.