The Elder Scrolls Online

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did. Dont know what to make of it.
Hello everyone!

For the past year we've restricted the official Elder Scrolls Online forums to beta support. We're pleased to announce that they'll be opening to the community on March 30th, at the same time the servers open for Early Access. We understand how important official forums are to the ESO community, especially our fans here, and we've been hard at work getting them set up for launch.

If you have previously participated on the ESO beta forums, your account will still be there. For everyone else, forum invitations will be e-mailed out as game accounts are registered. While everyone will be able to read the ESO forums, only subscribers will have accounts and be able to post. For launch, this will include everyone who has applied an Early Access code to their account.

When the official ESO forums open, the ESO section here on the Bethesdsa Forums will be closed. We here at ZeniMax Online Studios would like to give a big thanks to the Bethesda Community Team for setting up this temporary forum, and we have to extend particular thanks to the awesome volunteer moderators who have put so much time and effort into maintaining this section.

We look forward to seeing you on the ESO forums and in-game!
off bethsoft forums.

eclip_sl

shitlord
So i'm deciding to play this on the fly without any experience from beta and have some questions.

What are the best choices for a PvP healer?

Can I screw myself in any way early in the game or are respecs always offered?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So i'm deciding to play this on the fly without any experience from beta and have some questions.

What are the best choices for a PvP healer?

Can I screw myself in any way early in the game or are respecs always offered?
Templar is the best healer class. Respecs are allowed.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Enjoyed the first hour or so. Graphics are great. Animations are pretty bad. Dumbledore is awesome and every time he says "hurry" it sounds like he is calling for "Harry" potter. I pretty much feel like I'm Harry Potter with a big sword.

Once you choose an alliance at the start is that it? Or do you choose alliances at level 10 or something? Seems like a pretty big decision to be made with absolutely no info given to you via text or video when creating a character? Are they really that sloppy when it comes to things like that?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You choose your alliance at character creation and then choose your campaign when you want to enter Cyrodiil after level 10.

Noahx

N00b
Dam this is stir'ing up some excitement to play... anyone have quick answers about PVP:

- Level seems to impact PVP... is this because of gear or skills you acquire high up? The boost happens but do you get a fairly large advantage as you gain levels/vet ranks etc on the Maps.

- Is there PVP specific gear or is the PVE world mesh with its PVP? (if you aren't standing up in PVP well, you can grind up PVE to compete a little better)

- Shit seems to melt fast... can you build for defense and not crumble in sections? (aka tank/resistant type).

- Anything stopping higher level pvp griefing in pve areas?

Enjoyed this video about AvAvA/PVPElder Scrolls Online PvP Gameplay - Angry Joes Impressions - YouTube.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dam this is stir'ing up some excitement to play... anyone have quick answers about PVP:

- Level seems to impact PVP... is this because of gear or skills you acquire high up? The boost happens but do you get a fairly large advantage as you gain levels/vet ranks etc on the Maps.

- Is there PVP specific gear or is the PVE world mesh with its PVP? (if you aren't standing up in PVP well, you can grind up PVE to compete a little better)

- Shit seems to melt fast... can you build for defense and not crumble in sections? (aka tank/resistant type).

- Anything stopping higher level pvp griefing in pve areas?

Enjoyed this video about AvAvA/PVPElder Scrolls Online PvP Gameplay - Angry Joes Impressions - YouTube.
1. You get brought to level 50 in the PVP area, Cyrodiil, so it's a little balanced. Skills and gear impact PVP. From what I hear a V10(max level) player is worth 1-3 mid-level players.
2. Not sure, but in TESO we'll probably be doing a lot of PVE to gear up for PVP.
3. For leveling I imagine a good balance with favoring dps is probably best. In PVP I know we'll be making good usage of tank-specced players. When we charge it's important to have a handful of tank class lead the charge and push all the way to the back of the enemy force. This helps direct the damage to these tanks and also helps break the enemy force.
4. There's no PVP in PVE areas. The only PVP is in Cyrodiil.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Took a break for lunch. Smooth sailing so far. Complete opposite experience of what I saw on PTS in that there are gobs of people everywhere. On PTS I typically only encountered other players in the towns. Of course that means there is competition for resource nodes but that was to be expected.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Considering I'm not seeing a ton of people complain here, I assume that the servers are working well?

My questions
- Is targeting fixed now?
- Are quests working?
- Are the issues with people grouping doing PvE being put into different phases gone?
- How is the lag for Euro users on the US servers? Wondering since I will join the US server when I eventually get the game.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Considering I'm not seeing a ton of people complain here, I assume that the servers are working well?

My questions
- Is targeting fixed now?
- Are quests working?
- Are the issues with people grouping doing PvE being put into different phases gone?
- How is the lag for Euro users on the US servers? Wondering since I will join the US server when I eventually get the game.
Targetting is fine.

I have yet to hit a bugged quest yet.

Not doing groups yet.. can't answer.

I was chatting with an Aussies with a 100 ms ping.. He was cool with it.

I'm online in AD as Rondel, if anyone cares to chat or group. Level 7 so far.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok for some reason I can no longer summon my horse. Was working fine since up until I reached Skywatch and then nothing I do will summon it again. Tried logging out and back in. Disabling all add'ons, changing key bindings. Nothing works. Horse just won't come. Anyone seen this bug?

I have been playing off and on all morening depending on how painful the siting is.
Anyway I am downloading the newest build from the website for my laptop.
I go to start to install it, and I get the message powered by the hero engine with graphic and all.
I wish , I was joking but I am not, thought they said they were not using the hero engine?

Launch has been very smooth for what its worth so farr.