The Elder Scrolls Online

spronk

FPS noob
Server stability isn't that bad. I won $1500 in pull tabs at the bar last night so figured screw it. I want to do some PvP with PRX. First experience in coordinated PvP. No broken progression quests yet either, so I hope it keeps up.
skyrim-disappoint-meme-generator-son-i-am-disappoint-a7ce46.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's funny how many people complained about immersion with the buff stuff, yet immersion isn't broken when you steal every damn thing that isn't nailed down and nobody gives a shit.

esloan_sl

shitlord
This is my long work week, so I have not been able to play. I jumped on this morning, as soon as the servers opened, and reserved all my names but that is all I have done. Reading forums and comments, seems like the launch is going pretty well. I have seen a lot of people say that its the most stable launch that they have been a part of so far. Does most of you have experiences that match that? Pretty smooth? Just wondering what I am looking at when I finally do get in game.

This is my long work week, so I have not been able to play. I jumped on this morning, as soon as the servers opened, and reserved all my names but that is all I have done. Reading forums and comments, seems like the launch is going pretty well. I have seen a lot of people say that its the most stable launch that they have been a part of so far. Does most of you have experiences that match that? Pretty smooth? Just wondering what I am looking at when I finally do get in game.
Its a pretty stable launch so far. I have heard of a few quest bugs although I have not yet experienced any myself. Also in chat occasionally you'll see someone complaining about falling through the world.

Keep in mine though only Imperial Edition buyers are playing atm. Then in a couple of days the Regular edition pre-orders get to hop on, so the I don't think the Megaserver tech is being too stressed right now. I have personally not had any login issues nor have I read about any.

Lag and performance is superb but the real test will be what happens when everybody comes on board.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Launch is Smooth as butter. .Game still has some bugs but most people seem to not be experiencing them. Lag hasn't been an issue for me at all.true launch day test hasn't come yet but this is a good sign.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep.
smile.png

Server stability isn't that bad. I won $1500 in pull tabs at the bar last night so figured screw it. I want to do some PvP with PRX. First experience in coordinated PvP. No broken progression quests yet either, so I hope it keeps up.

rrr_img_63810.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
First day, no issues. Most of the areas I played in were fairly loaded with people, too.

Combat is still meh, but I'm satisfied they have so far fixed the phasing and quest bugs. It seems leveling is slower, but that just might be since I don't have the patience to play more than a few hours in a sitting.

Game is fun. The PVP looks really promising.I'm hoping the group stuff is at least decent and I might last three months here.

Do they use a REALID like system for their guild chat? Disappointed if that's the case, especially with the need to join crafting and sales guilds.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Alliance: One of three factions that determines which areas in the world you can visit, and which side of the map you're on in the campaign.
Campaign: One of many instances of Cyrodiil where each of the three factions fight each other.
So for my to join PRX I have to be which alliance?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Aldmeri Dominion. And we're on the Dawnbreaker campaign (You choose the campaign when you enter Cyrodiil).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aldmeri Dominion. And we're on the Dawnbreaker campaign (You choose the campaign when you enter Cyrodiil).
You can choose as soon as you hit level 10 without ever entering Cyrodill
smile.png
Just go to Campaigns and Set Dawnbreaker as home Campaign. Better act fast if it isn't full already I imagine it will be soon. PRX will probably have to switch campaigns regularly just to have a challenge.

Yep.
smile.png

I cannot say that I am even a little bit surprised that you could not resist. The game is fun. Just now starting to edge into quests I had not done in beta.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
loving every minute of this shit. Wait, I do have to report that I was experiencing some ability lag that was pissing me off. It has subsided for now. Will update if it happens again.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had fun watching the "Build-a-Zerg" bonanza in game today. When are these developers going to figure out that 500 members in a guild is about 450 too many? That's one thing Lineage 2 got right . . . limiting the sizes of guilds and alliances. You really knew who the best of the best was. Plus, if you left a guild, you couldn't join a new guild for something like 5 days. Now, all you have are these large, desperate, faceless guilds. Thanks Obama!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Had fun watching the "Build-a-Zerg" bonanza in game today. When are these developers going to figure out that 500 members in a guild is about 450 too many? That's one thing Lineage 2 got right . . . limiting the sizes of guilds and alliances. You really knew who the best of the best was. Plus, if you left a guild, you couldn't join a new guild for something like 5 days. Now, all you have are these large, desperate, faceless guilds. Thanks Obama!
Well that didn't take long.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry if this stuff has been covered, but I got a few Q's:

1. What mobs give XP? It seems like 9 out of 10 give nothing at all, then I'll get a measly amount (what one would expect from spending 4 seconds killing a mob). Does this ever change? I asked in game and people were saying mobs don't give XP to prevent power leveling, and all I could think is it's not power leveling................it's leveling.

2. Is the Aldmeri Dominion especially 'run'y in the early game? I got up near lvl 6 and the quests were just running and running and running, clicking, kill maybe 2 mobs to get a quest drop, then more running.

3. What's up with Armor? First, I tried the -40% armor skill and it didn't change my damage on the target. Then, I let some mobs wail on me with and without my 42 armor plate mail BP, and both times they hit for 28 damage.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Very smooth launch here on the EU megaserver also. Performance is really amazing, especially with a lot of players on screen at the same time. The only "problem" i have, i cant decide which faction to play... so ill probably play all three and take like forever to cap (yes i know about the 50+ game, it just doesnt "feel right" to do it that way, if that makes any sense
wink.png
)

2. Is the Aldmeri Dominion especially 'run'y in the early game? I got up near lvl 6 and the quests were just running and running and running, clicking, kill maybe 2 mobs to get a quest drop, then more running.
Each faction has a ton of travel. Its just the game. You'll spend significantly more time running to and fro, especially if you stop to gather crafting mats, than you will actually fighting. Pvp is a bit better in this regard.