The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You guys rolled on AD? L-M-A-O.

For a game that only has one decent feather in it's cap (PvP,) you just reduced the meaning of participating in it to Tarren Mill .
The overall population splits are probably fairly close. The problem is that when you pick a campaign, you see which faction has the most people so random bandwagon AD players are picking the one where AD has the most players and vice versa for the other two.

The short term easy workaround now that AD is dominating in our campaign is to pick a campaign where EP or DC is winning and go Guest over there.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most sites do what you say. Either change to euro or pounds, but of course pay no mind to the exchange rate, which makes it more expensive.
GMG uses dollars though, same with Videogamesplus.ca (my favorite site to buy physical games from) as they ship all items you buy as "toy game" valued at $20, so it bypasses customs without extra tax.

My VPN gives me a Swedish IP, and just checked. On my normal IP, it is $ and on the Swedish one it is ?. Guessing it is because they have EU and US prices, and Norway isn't part of the EU.
VAT, it's just VAT (and shady change rates). Basically, until we get rid of the travesty of a currency that is ? (shitting all over our continent), living in the USA will always be cheaper. Pound users are saved from the ?, but still suffer from VAT fucking up the price.

I hated this game in beta, but for the sake of having a steady game to play until Archage/EQ Next I might have to get it. I just can't make up my mind.
If it helps, you really can just play this game as a single player RPG. There are a lot of really great quests.

if you plan on jumping in and pvping from level 10, maybe do it. If you plan on questing, you wont have fun. If you plan on aoe grinding, its never fun regardless of game.
I kinda disagree. I think about half the quests are pretty good in this game and well... i was a wizard in EQ so AOE Grinding > all

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Ok Ut was wrong. This game is fun. I like the PVE. Haven't stepped foot in Cryodil and I'm level 23 and only have one bugged quest.

Where does it say that ? Not that I'm gonna say it's Hero Engine or not, but I don't think I've seen it written.
DO a fresh install and download of the game with the newest build, it says powered by hero engine and then Havoc.

I found out while downloading and installing on my laptop while playing on desktop.
I was kinda shocked here they kept saying they were not using it, then they have it in the install credits for it. shrugs.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh what a bunch we are. Spend a decade complaining about bear ass quests, a game comes out that tries to eliminate them for the most part... Complain about the questing anyway.

Questing just fucking sucks, bear asses or not, but the quests in this game are at least above average quality.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh what a bunch we are. Spend a decade complaining about bear ass quests, a game comes out that tries to eliminate them for the most part... Complain about the questing anyway.

Questing just fucking sucks, bear asses or not, but the quests in this game are at least above average quality.
For me, it's the running for the sake of running. I'd rather collect something in a general area than be an errand boy for 2 NPCs to play ping pong with me on opposite sides of the town.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For me, it's the running for the sake of running. I'd rather collect something in a general area than be an errand boy for 2 NPCs to play ping pong with me on opposite sides of the town.
Well they have to do something to limit leveling speed... That's either gonna be killing multiple mobs, or travel time. People moaned for years about killing mobs, so here is the other option in action. *shrug*

Grinding mobs in TESO is more viable than questing anyway from reports I've seen.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I don't get the "running for the sake of running" complaint. Each zone has its own main quest line that moves you through the zone. Along the way while you are out and about you run into quest NPCs who give you a quest for that general vicinity. Only time I notice the amount of time I spend running from point A to point B is when I return back to a main city to sell, craft, and visit the bank.